Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Donít you get it. Itís not an opinion I canít help the person who sees green and call it red.
    You can if they don't think their opinions are facts

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You can if they don't think their opinions are facts
    key word. Think....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWTYhvmCIyE you cant tell this guy he fell asleep. For all he know he was up and had a long blink. Show him the vid he may still say i was up.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-25-2020 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Now you are posting hypotheticals. We will never know the answers to your questions. We do know LeBron did it just as well, if not better, for longer, with less help. Those are facts...
    With the help of modern advancements in diet, exercise, training, medicine, and conditioning. Those are facts, not theories.

You also dodged my question. How many of Bird's teammates could be legit number one options on their own franchises capable of leading a team to the playoffs?
    Last edited by Romeo Naes; 06-25-2020 at 06:54 PM.

Cant knock a player for human advancement.

Robert Parrish, Kevin Mchale, Dennis Johnson may not win a title but could make the playoffs as lead players.

Celtic and Lakers were very talented teams. Not only did those teams did that with bird and Magic they it did it without them as well.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-25-2020 at 07:40 PM.

Cant knock a player for human advancement.

Robert Parrish, Kevin Mchale, Dennis Johnson may not win a title but could make the playoffs as lead players.

Celtic and Lakers were very talented teams. Not only did those teams did that with bird and Magic they it did it without them as well.
    I'm not knocking anyone, just adding the appropriate context.

In 1989, Larry Bird only played in six games and the Boston Celtics with Kevin McHale as the number one option, with both Parrish and Johnson on the team, barely reached the playoffs in the Eastern Conference winning only 42 games. They were then swept in the first round in a laugher against the Detroit Pistons. Imagine if Bird missed the whole season and didn't even play in those six games lol. Good chance they miss the playoffs all together to the Washington Bullets who were only two games behind them with 40 games won.

Bird came back the next three seasons a shell of himself and still managed to lead the Celtics to an average of 54 games easily. This even with him on heavy minutes restrictions at times and playing an average of 60 or so games a season.
    Last edited by Romeo Naes; 06-25-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Ok itís an opinion. In that case Lebron is a better shooter than bird ever was. Heís even better than ray Allen. Already point out people will ignore facts and form opinions. Doing that does not change itís a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Is Larry Bird underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post

In 1989, Larry Bird only played in six games and the Boston Celtics with Kevin McHale as the number one option, with both Parrish and Johnson on the team, barely reached the playoffs in the Eastern Conference winning only 42 games. They were then swept in the first round in a laugher against the Detroit Pistons. Imagine if Bird missed the whole season and didn't even play in those six games lol. Good chance they miss the playoffs all together to the Washington Bullets who were only two games behind them with 40 games won.

Bird came back the next three seasons a shell of himself and still managed to lead the Celtics to an average of 54 games easily. This even with him on heavy minutes restrictions at times and playing an average of 60 or so games a season.
    How could they average 54 wins easily? Were they not trying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-25-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    How could they average 54 wins easily? Were they not trying?

Is that all you really took from that.

truth is medicine and strength training always been around.
    Kobe, Howard, Nash, Pau, Artest struggled just to get to the playoffs. Thatís 5 guys that took teams to the playoffs for years.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-26-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Is that all you really took from that.
    Yeah

They won 2 out of those 6 games in 89 with Bird playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Its funny how KD did what LeBron was supposed to with the Heat but now KD is a ***** and we pretend LeBron didnít do the same thing bc he wasnít at a stage in his career where he could get in done every year like KD.

He in no way did the same thing. He dismantled a team to nothing to play with a couple of buddies. Their styles didn't even compliment each other. They just wanted to play together.

Durant joined a fully formed 73 win team.

Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He in no way did the same thing. He dismantled a team to nothing to play with a couple of buddies. Their styles didn't even compliment each other. They just wanted to play together.

Lol

You are right. He failed and ran after stacking the deck. KD dominated like he was supposed to. Not the same at all

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Lol

"to play with a couple of friends"

He "dismantled a team", which was the #1 seed in the league for like two seasons running. He joined the team of an MVP contender and brought with him a franchise player of a perennial playoff team who was also part of Team USA in 2 major tournaments.

"A couple of friends".

I wonder what you'd be saying if Kobe Bryant left Los Angeles in his prime to play with Kevin Garnett and Carmelo Anthony They're probably just "a couple of friends" who dismantled their teams to play with each other anyway. So what if they did it in a Conference with no suitable competition and in an era where no such team existed...

Well said. Even though I was a Lakers fan, I really appreciated Bird's game. One of the smartest players of all time.

Chick Heard said once that only 2 players in the league can take 10-15 shots and totally dominate a game. Bird and Magic. That was obviously in the mid 80's.

LOL ldawg being ldawg.

"I set my DVR for the Biggest Loser, but it keeps recording Clippers games."

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast