Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Minus Nash' shooting ability.
    oh I meant his effect. Totally different player. Nash used his shooting ability respect to initiate the defensive reaction, and simply was a great passer with each hand so his basic angles were fine. Magic had the ability to create opportunities with his body, his awareness, and his speed changes, and then he was able to do what Rubio does/did, which is create passing angles from literally nothing. So hard to do man. He just gave his players a few extra baskets a game just by breathing.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Rubio would have been better in almost any other era imo. His lack of range really hurts him in todays game.
    never thought of that, good point. The NBA had plenty of PG's back in the 80s and 90s that couldn't score a lick.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    oh I meant his effect. Totally different player. Nash used his shooting ability respect to initiate the defensive reaction, and simply was a great passer with each hand so his basic angles were fine. Magic had the ability to create opportunities with his body, his awareness, and his speed changes, and then he was able to do what Rubio does/did, which is create passing angles from literally nothing. So hard to do man. He just gave his players a few extra baskets a game just by breathing.
    I see what youre saying. Really hard to compare Magic with anyone. A guy who could play C but was a pg. Just an unreal talent. I wonder how his game would tranalate to today.

As for Nash, imo he would be better than Curry in this era.

I see what youre saying. Really hard to compare Magic with anyone. A guy who could play C but was a pg. Just an unreal talent. I wonder how his game would tranalate to today.

As for Nash, imo he would be better than Curry in this era.
    Maybe, but Curry is an even better shooter, and I never thought I would say that, cause Nash was the GOAT shooter prior to Curry. Nash wasn't as an aggressive a scorer as Curry, but maybe he would have been in this era? Who knows dude

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    The biggest thing that killed me was he never, and I mean never, learned to score at even an acceptable rate. Its why he sucks now, cause his speed has diminished enough where he is no longer able to create those passing angles he needs in the PnR, and he is no longer a pest on defense. So basically, by age 30, he is done. Where as Kidd was always a good scorer at the rim, and at least became a serviceable spot up shooter as he aged.
    Yeah Rubio had the PG instincts. You should watch Frank on nightly basis. The Knicks run him out at the point and half the time he stops his forward motion after crossing half court, picks up his dribble, and gives the ball to the nearest wing 45 feet from the basket. Then Knick fan blame the other players for being “selfish”. Ricky couldn’t score and it limited him a great backup or place holder type pg in my opinion but at least he didn’t play like a *****.

The kid Frank could be a decent D Green styled wing though. Surely not a pg at this point but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Honestly I hate how Durant got his rings but if I had to pick between the two I have Durant over Bird. I just think he is the better all around player.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverthom707 View Post
    Honestly I hate how Durant got his rings but if I had to pick between the two I have Durant over Bird. I just think he is the better all around player.
    Then why did he fail to lead his team? Its not like he didn't have a ton a talent around him. How can we prove his greatness when he was the 2nd most important player on an already stacked record breaking team?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Then why did he fail to lead his team? Its not like he didn't have a ton a talent around him. How can we prove his greatness when he was the 2nd most important player on an already stacked record breaking team?
    People don't wanna factor in the mental aspect of the game and that's where Bird OWNS a guy like KD. That anybody would rank Durant higher than Bird is preposterous. Durant has NEVER been the best player in the league and his success came when he could only be single covered. No player of his caliber has ever had that level of freedom, ever.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Says the guy that worships CP3

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

But CP3 with multiple AS players and a championship coach overachieved every year they lost in the first round. Well, if you're Cronz they did.

Rippin' lips son!!

I don´t know why but I've noticed that he become underrated in the last couple of years. I mean, people have changed their consideration to Larry

Except CP3 has consistently been great throughout his playoff career. KD out here averaging 31% from 3 in the postseason pre-Golden State

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    But CP3 with multiple AS players and a championship coach overachieved every year they lost in the first round. Well, if you're Cronz they did.
    They did. Try to disprove it

KD has a better case than cp3, prolly. But bird? Lmfaololol

Bird and Lebron battling it out for Greatest SF all time according to most.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast