Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    This is true from an entetaining stand point. I mean jerry west rocked the house in his time but if he play today like he did back then no way he find the same level of success. You have to go base on what they did not what they would do today.
    He had the prettiest jump shot ever. Hed be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Why can't people automatically assume if older era players in today's game would have today's perks and be more athletic and guys going back in time lose it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Very nice
    Last edited by adalah; 07-12-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Why can't people automatically assume if older era players in today's game would have today's perks and be more athletic and guys going back in time lose it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    You're asking people to stop being stupid, there's no on and off button unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

He also dribbled like a chicken with a broken arm

He also dribbled like a chicken with a broken arm
    At least his wobbly chicken dribbles were legal...

"Why can't people automatically assume if older era players in today's game would have today's perks and be more athletic and guys going back in time lose it"

Mj you know you ony won 6 rings because it was not the 60s if you played in my era you were not going to win those rings. If i played in your era MJ i would be better than you those rings would be mine. Its base on what took place not what if? 1 came before the other which leads up to present. If thats the case why do it when you can brag about what you never did?

This is true from an entetaining stand point. I mean jerry west rocked the house in his time but if he play today like he did back then no way he find the same level of success. You have to go base on what they did not what they would do today.
    Considering that today's players have more data, more training, more money, more time training and working on their game, the coaches today develop the players in different ways ... it's essentially impossible to compare. If Bird played today his elite skills then would still be elite, his body would be better, and the schemes would better optimize his skills. That's not just for Bird but for every star smart team player from past eras.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    At least his wobbly chicken dribbles were legal...
    i aint to sure they were lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Considering that today's players have more data, more training, more money, more time training and working on their game, the coaches today develop the players in different ways ... it's essentially impossible to compare. If Bird played today his elite skills then would still be elite, his body would be better, and the schemes would better optimize his skills. That's not just for Bird but for every star smart team player from past eras.
    That really dont matter. I can not role with something that did not take place pretending like it did.

I mean its fun and i have no issue with us talking about it in a fun term but we cant paint something and pass it off like it did and set it in stone. Thats insane lol...

Having said that Bird would fit well in todays game he still wont be the most Athletic guy but thats ok. Paul P, Dirk did not blow the doors off either and they did fine. We are also seeing that in James Harden. I think with the right guys Bird could form a good team like he did. Like you said if he changed era so will how he played. So those globtrotter passes will be no more, maybe hes not as rugged, sport baggy pants, no mullet cut and sport some tats a body covered with tats. You wont be able to pick just the good things from his era lol. So it changes everything from what he accomplished to how he played. The Bird you came to know will no longer exist.
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-14-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Russell played toe to toe with Wilt. Wilt played toe to toe with Kareem. Kareem played with Magic who went toe to toe with Bird. Bird went toe to toe with Isiah. Isiah went toe to toe with Jordan. Jordan went toe to toe with... God I'm exhausted already. Can we just say Mikan would suck but Russell-West-Oscar-Baylor-Wilt would still be amazing?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

If it was a tournament 1 vs 1 a few players i think would stand out not naming bigs. Larry, Harden, Kobe, MJ, Melo, Durant. 1 vs 1 Lebron might not make top 10. Drose, Kyrie, Ai, Wade, Westbrook, Gilbert. will all also make a case. Obviously Lebron is bigger and Stronger than a few of these smaller guys but they are quick making it not an easy task.
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-14-2020 at 08:20 PM.

Is Larry Bird underrated?

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Russell played toe to toe with Wilt. Wilt played toe to toe with Kareem. Kareem played with Magic who went toe to toe with Bird. Bird went toe to toe with Isiah. Isiah went toe to toe with Jordan. Jordan went toe to toe with... God I'm exhausted already. Can we just say Mikan would suck but Russell-West-Oscar-Baylor-Wilt would still be amazing?
    Why would Mikan suck?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Rick Mount says hello

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Can you imagine Stockton and Malone in today's PnR happy offenses!?!

Rippin' lips son!!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast