Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 271
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    48,823
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    This is true from an entetaining stand point. I mean jerry west rocked the house in his time but if he play today like he did back then no way he find the same level of success. You have to go base on what they did not what they would do today.
    He had the prettiest jump shot ever. Hed be fine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Why can't people automatically assume if older era players in today's game would have today's perks and be more athletic and guys going back in time lose it

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Very nice
    Last edited by adalah; 07-12-2020 at 02:22 PM.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Why can't people automatically assume if older era players in today's game would have today's perks and be more athletic and guys going back in time lose it

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    You're asking people to stop being stupid, there's no on and off button unfortunately.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,608
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He had the prettiest jump shot ever. Hed be fine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He also dribbled like a chicken with a broken arm

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,851
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    He also dribbled like a chicken with a broken arm
    At least his wobbly chicken dribbles were legal...

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,608
    "Why can't people automatically assume if older era players in today's game would have today's perks and be more athletic and guys going back in time lose it"


    Mj you know you ony won 6 rings because it was not the 60s if you played in my era you were not going to win those rings. If i played in your era MJ i would be better than you those rings would be mine. Its base on what took place not what if? 1 came before the other which leads up to present. If thats the case why do it when you can brag about what you never did?

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,080
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    This is true from an entetaining stand point. I mean jerry west rocked the house in his time but if he play today like he did back then no way he find the same level of success. You have to go base on what they did not what they would do today.
    Considering that today's players have more data, more training, more money, more time training and working on their game, the coaches today develop the players in different ways ... it's essentially impossible to compare. If Bird played today his elite skills then would still be elite, his body would be better, and the schemes would better optimize his skills. That's not just for Bird but for every star smart team player from past eras.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,608
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    At least his wobbly chicken dribbles were legal...
    i aint to sure they were lol.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Considering that today's players have more data, more training, more money, more time training and working on their game, the coaches today develop the players in different ways ... it's essentially impossible to compare. If Bird played today his elite skills then would still be elite, his body would be better, and the schemes would better optimize his skills. That's not just for Bird but for every star smart team player from past eras.
    That really dont matter. I can not role with something that did not take place pretending like it did.

    I mean its fun and i have no issue with us talking about it in a fun term but we cant paint something and pass it off like it did and set it in stone. Thats insane lol...

    Having said that Bird would fit well in todays game he still wont be the most Athletic guy but thats ok. Paul P, Dirk did not blow the doors off either and they did fine. We are also seeing that in James Harden. I think with the right guys Bird could form a good team like he did. Like you said if he changed era so will how he played. So those globtrotter passes will be no more, maybe hes not as rugged, sport baggy pants, no mullet cut and sport some tats a body covered with tats. You wont be able to pick just the good things from his era lol. So it changes everything from what he accomplished to how he played. The Bird you came to know will no longer exist.
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-14-2020 at 08:19 PM.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    27,713
    Russell played toe to toe with Wilt. Wilt played toe to toe with Kareem. Kareem played with Magic who went toe to toe with Bird. Bird went toe to toe with Isiah. Isiah went toe to toe with Jordan. Jordan went toe to toe with... God I'm exhausted already. Can we just say Mikan would suck but Russell-West-Oscar-Baylor-Wilt would still be amazing?


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,608

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,608
    If it was a tournament 1 vs 1 a few players i think would stand out not naming bigs. Larry, Harden, Kobe, MJ, Melo, Durant. 1 vs 1 Lebron might not make top 10. Drose, Kyrie, Ai, Wade, Westbrook, Gilbert. will all also make a case. Obviously Lebron is bigger and Stronger than a few of these smaller guys but they are quick making it not an easy task.
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-14-2020 at 08:20 PM.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8,223

    Is Larry Bird underrated?

    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Russell played toe to toe with Wilt. Wilt played toe to toe with Kareem. Kareem played with Magic who went toe to toe with Bird. Bird went toe to toe with Isiah. Isiah went toe to toe with Jordan. Jordan went toe to toe with... God I'm exhausted already. Can we just say Mikan would suck but Russell-West-Oscar-Baylor-Wilt would still be amazing?
    Why would Mikan suck?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    79,899
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He had the prettiest jump shot ever. Hed be fine


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rick Mount says hello

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    7,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Considering that today's players have more data, more training, more money, more time training and working on their game, the coaches today develop the players in different ways ... it's essentially impossible to compare. If Bird played today his elite skills then would still be elite, his body would be better, and the schemes would better optimize his skills. That's not just for Bird but for every star smart team player from past eras.
    Can you imagine Stockton and Malone in today's PnR happy offenses!?!


    Rippin' lips son!!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •