Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Where would their rivals rank and where would the Celtics 80s rivals rank?
    Not counting Lebron only 3 players from the East made all NBA first team during that whole time frame.

Howard / Twice
    Rose / Once before injury of course
    Noah / Once

“Larry Bird couldn’t run or jump because that was god’s way of making things fair”

- Charles Barkley

While talking to the Lakers legends Magic, Kareem and Worthy “Was Bird tough to defend, because he looked slow as **** to me”

- Kobe Bryant

Birds ISO game is top 5. His shooting is top 5. Top 5 floor general. Top 5 clutch player. Bird has 4 walk off buzzer beaters(think Horry and Fisher) and his team was losing by 2 every time.

all you have to do is look at these voting threads to realize how underrated he is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Not counting Lebron only 3 players from the East made all NBA first team during that whole time frame.

Howard / Twice
    Rose / Once before injury of course
    Noah / Once
    In fact Kevin Love had more MVP votes
    in 2012 then any Eastern Player not named Lebron James.

After James went back to Cleveland zero players in the East made the All NBA first team in that whole time frame. Not a single East player. Excluding Lebron of course.

In 2015 only 3 east players made any all NBA team. Lebron and his teammate Irving and Paul Gasol. Gasol was Cleveland’s toughest opponent in the east playoffs, the only player to get a win in the eastern playoffs against Cleveland.

“Larry Bird couldn’t run or jump because that was god’s way of making things fair”

- Charles Barkley

While talking to the Lakers legends Magic, Kareem and Worthy “Was Bird tough to defend, because he looked slow as **** to me”

- Kobe Bryant

Birds ISO game is top 5. His shooting is top 5. Top 5 floor general. Top 5 clutch player. Bird has 4 walk off buzzer beaters(think Horry and Fisher) and his team was losing by 2 every time.
    Would you take Bird over peak Wilt? They are tied right now for #5 GOAT.

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...r-not-prime)-5

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Imagine if Bird never ruptured both of his achilies tendons when he was 32. Still played in 3 more seasons but never made another ECF.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Imagine if Bird never ruptured both of his achilies tendons when he was 32. Still played in 3 more seasons but never made another ECF.
    We may never see a Larry Bird the same way we may never see another 7’0 Kevin Durant. Slow white guy who could post up Pippen and hit a game winner off a Jordan double team. True unicorns.

He’s In the realm of the Greatest Shooter all time, In the realm of the greatest ISO player all time and In the realm of the greatest floor general all time. He was not Magic on the brake or Curry behind the arch but those guys are the absolute best at those things. Bird was pretty damn close to both.

Seriously any highlight video on Bird is basically Bird taking Kobe Bryant shoots over the very best defenders in the league. Bird went 1 on 1 and made impossible bad shots against the elite perimeter defenders. Bird hit game winner over copper with Magic on the double team. Until Magic sank the hook shot with a foot on the 3 point line with 2 seconds. Another game winner over Magic in a overtime finals game. Of course Bird sank a game winner on Pippen with Jordan coming on the double team. Just a impossible shots where Mike uses his insane level of defense. Game Bird.

In my opinion. When I look at old tape a lot of the players looked slow. Almost to slow. I believe someone like McGrady in the 70’s would just Wilt Chamberlain that time frame. Then I look at Bird in the 80’s and I think a lot of the same thing. To slow. Yet Bird played against Jordan himself and for sure no one is calling Jordan basketball slow.

Is Larry Bird underrated?

Seriously any highlight video on Bird is basically Bird taking Kobe Bryant shoots over the very best defenders in the league. Bird went 1 on 1 and made impossible bad shots against the elite perimeter defenders. Bird hit game winner over copper with Magic on the double team. Until Magic sank the hook shot with a foot on the 3 point line with 2 seconds. Another game winner over Magic in a overtime finals game. Of course Bird sank a game winner on Pippen with Jordan coming on the double team. Just a impossible shots where Mike uses his insane level of defense. Game Bird.

In my opinion. When I look at old tape a lot of the players looked slow. Almost to slow. I believe someone like McGrady in the 70’s would just Wilt Chamberlain that time frame. Then I look at Bird in the 80’s and I think a lot of the same thing. To slow. Yet Bird played against Jordan himself and for sure no one is calling Jordan basketball slow.
    Part of it is that you move slower when people are grabbing you and when you are expected to dribble when moving with the ball. Also if the intention of the offense is to get the big slow guy the ball posting up in his sweet spot everyone is going to slow down and let him get to his spot. When you watch guys on the break filling lanes off ball they dont look slow imo.

Jessie Owens doesn’t hold the records anymore but his times would still have him going to the Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 07-08-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Part of it is that you move slower when people are grabbing you and when you are expected to dribble when moving with the ball. Also if the intention of the offense is to get the big slow guy the ball posting up in his sweet spot everyone is going to slow down and let him get to his spot. When you watch guys on the break filling lanes off ball they dont look slow imo.

Jessie Owens doesn’t hold the records anymore but his times would still have him going to the Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Humans will never be able to jump over buildings. Any increase will not be drastic once you reach a certain level. Back in the day guys could dunk to they just looked akward. They played like that because they slowed down progress not letting them dunk calling it not a skilled shot. Bird was not the quickest guy then and he wont today. However his skills can still form a great team today as it did back then. MJ did not beat Bird. Overall Celtics was seasoned and the better team.
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-08-2020 at 09:12 PM.

Maybe back then. Today? He would get bullied by real athletes.

- Charles Barkley

- Kobe Bryant

https://youtu.be/pytnQjJvXi0

I wanted to clarify the Kobe quote. Just is case it sounds like a diss. Watch the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Adaptable View Post
    Not really, Paul Pierce, Dirk are two examples of that.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    longevity kills him man.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Adaptable View Post
    haha, are you for real? Bird would be the greatest stretch 4 ever in today's league. Think of a better rebounding, passing Dirk.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast