Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Is Larry Bird underrated?

Has he become underrated? where do you rank him?.. how would he be in todays league with his skill set and would he be the best player in basketball?

At his peak GOAT SF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

At his peak nope not greatest of all time. Greatest sf of his era. No he’s not forgotten he is still ranked probably 2nd to Lebron. Because of his skill set he would have worked well in today’s game. Would he be the best player in the league no. Would he dominate like he did in his rival days with magic, no. The speed of the game and his durability would have been a problem. Would him klay and Curry form the best team in the nba yes.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-16-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    At his peak GOAT SF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At his peak , at the time. In no way is his peak higher than LBJ.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Nope. Most people have him top 10 ever, which is where he should land. LeBron knocked him off as the best SF of all time 3-4 years ago, but Bird is absolutely rated very high, and one of the greatest to ever play the game.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    At his peak nope not greatest of all time. Greatest sf of his era. No he’s not forgotten he is still ranked probably 2nd to Lebron. Because of his skill set he would have worked well in today’s game. Would he be the best player in the league no. Would he dominate like he did in his rival days with magic, no. The speed of the game and his durability would have been a problem. Would him klay and Curry form the best team in the nba yes.
    I had this conversation with my brother, I actually think Bird would have been better than he was in today's game, and LeBron probably better if you moved him back to the 80s. Imagine Bird today, as the most ridiculous stretch 4 in you can fathom. I mean he would destroy the league now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Honestly I hate how Durant got his rings but if I had to pick between the two I have Durant over Bird. I just think he is the better all around player.

SF all time:
    Lebron
    Durant - Leonard
    Bird
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-16-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I had this conversation with my brother, I actually think Bird would have been better than he was in today's game, and LeBron probably better if you moved him back to the 80s. Imagine Bird today, as the most ridiculous stretch 4 in you can fathom. I mean he would destroy the league now.
    Would he keep up with the pace? And are we only saying this for his shooting ability? Isnt Lebron or even Durant better all around? Even Leonard?

I didnt watch enough of Bird to know for certain but if theyre all being drafted today I take those three ahead of him.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-16-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Honestly I hate how Durant got his rings but if I had to pick between the two I have Durant over Bird. I just think he is the better all around player.

SF all time:
    Lebron
    Durant - Leonard
    Bird
    All around? This is laughable...

Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    All around? This is laughable...
    Well Im happy you got a laugh out of it. But I went ahead and put Leonard on that list too. I think its a good debate. You act like Durant and Leonard are chop liver. They arent even done their careers and you can already make a case for both.

Well Im happy you got a laugh out of it. But I went ahead and put Leonard on that list too. I think its a good debate. You act like Durant and Leonard are chop liver. They arent even done their careers and you can already make a case for both.
    "already" my azz. Likely the most prisoner of the moment comment ever. I'd actually put Leonard over Durant. Bird finished his 12 year career at an even 10 rebounds per game; pretty confident that's ahead of either of those two. And a far, far better passer. Leonard certainly the superior defender. And I DO know Leonard and Bird lifted mediocre or (in Bird's case) flat-out bad teams to become champs in a year or two. Durant jumped on a train that was "already" at full speed.
    People forget how great Bird was but it doesn't matter; your opinion is as valid as mine. And a whole buncha all-time NBA greats that played against him will be there to remind us from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    "already" my azz. Likely the most prisoner of the moment comment ever. I'd actually put Leonard over Durant. Bird finished his 12 year career at an even 10 rebounds per game; pretty confident that's ahead of either of those two. And a far, far better passer. Leonard certainly the superior defender. And I DO know Leonard and Bird lifted mediocre or (in Bird's case) flat-out bad teams to become champs in a year or two. Durant jumped on a train that was "already" at full speed.
    People forget how great Bird was but it doesn't matter; your opinion is as valid as mine. And a whole buncha all-time NBA greats that played against him will be there to remind us from time to time.
    I hate Durant and how he got his rings but Im trying to be unbiased because the talent is undeniable.

Personally I would take both Leonard and Durant over him in an all time draft. Lebron is no question ahead.

SF all time:
    Lebron
    Durant - Leonard
    Bird
    Nah, sorry. Bird had balls as big as hell. He didn't run and hide when things got tough. He was also simply more impact important to winning. In fact, I think there is a STEEP drop between Bird, and the #3 argument for all time SF.

Would he keep up with the pace? And are we only saying this for his shooting ability? Isnt Lebron or even Durant better all around? Even Leonard?

I didnt watch enough of Bird to know for certain but if theyre all being drafted today I take those three ahead of him.
    much slower today than it was back in Bird's day (they were at about 4-5 possessions more per game, and had no load management), and yep, no problem on pace for him. No, only LeBron is better all around. Bird was an incredible shooter, and arguably the most underrated passer in the frontcourt history. He was also an excellent rebounder, team defender, and leader. He was tough as nails mentally, and would have zero issue in today's social media driven world where KD needs to invent fake twitter accounts to defend himself cause he is such a woman. Leonard misses too much time, and arrived too late to even be involved in this conversation dude.

Bird...…...was a BEAST. He would dominate every era. In fact, I would probably put him over LeBron had his career not been so short, relatively speaking compared to many other all timers. He gets like 0 points for longevity haha.
    Last edited by Hawkeye15; 06-16-2020 at 04:29 PM.

I hate Durant and how he got his rings but Im trying to be unbiased because the talent is undeniable.

Personally I would take both Leonard and Durant over him in an all time draft. Lebron is no question ahead.
    What context are you possibly using to put those 2 above Bird?

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast