Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    We are debating between 2 teams that both lost to the lakers, so yes both teams coulda woulda shoulda more in order to win, but Im saying why Im chosing the kings. 3 games of the lakers wins coulda woulda shoulda been Kings wins.. not so sure about blazers series
    I do agree with picking the kings over the blazers. That kings team was incredibly stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    I do agree with picking the kings over the blazers. That kings team was incredibly stacked.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Just remember Bibby being on fire from 3 in that series. I think between these two teams it would be extremely close, slight edge to the Kings

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Just remember Bibby being on fire from 3 in that series. I think between these two teams it would be extremely close, slight edge to the Kings
    Yep, bibby was also clutch in that series. It seemed like every time he had a chance to knock down a big shot he was money.

Its a toss up but i would go with the Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Shaq recently spoke about the Blazers being his toughest out, citing their lack of fear. So 2 part question...

1. Which team was better equipped to beat the Lakers.

2. Who would win in a series vs each other, 02 Kings vs 00 Blazers.

3. Bonus Question: Who wins in a playoff series every year of their primes, Cwebb vs Sheed from 99 to 03
    I love my Blazers, but I'll have to go with the Kings on both questions.
    Kobe and Shaq had two more years of experience together when they faced the Kings, who didn't choke up a 17-point lead like the Blazers. Portland also didn't have the same argument against the referees that Sacramento had.
    The 2001-02 Kings were the younger and better-shooting team than the 1999-00 Blazers. Webber was more talented and controlled than Wallace.

Now imagine an alternate universe where the Blazers' front office aren't morons. They hold on to Jermaine O'Neal and give him more minutes.
    The Blazers roll into 2001-02 with a 23-year-old O'Neal already one of the best, most athletic centers in the game just entering his prime; a 27-year-old Wallace still at the peak of his powers; a 25-year-old Bonzi Wells basically replacing Steve Smith's production; a 28-year-old Damon Stoudemire still in his prime; and 36-year-old Pippen still providing leadership and some spot minutes. I think that team's kicking Sacramento's *** and giving the Lakers some serious trouble.

Controlled chaos and dysfunction vs the smoothest operating system prior to Pop's Spurs. I'm taking the Kings. As much as I love J Will once the Kings got Bibby they were complete. He was the perfect "system" PG for that team. It was basically young Rondo with the Big 3 Celtics. He just gelled immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Horry, Shaq said Blazers was the toughest team they faced.

Kings cure sure. They essentially beat the Lakers in 02, and that is coming from a very indifferent Wizards fan here.

They were deep, with Peja and Webber leading the way, and a perfectly meshed team.
    Jackie Bradley Junior.... that is all

Quote Originally Posted by papipapsmanny View Post
    Kings cure sure. They essentially beat the Lakers in 02, and that is coming from a very indifferent Wizards fan here.

They were deep, with Peja and Webber leading the way, and a perfectly meshed team.
    Blazers were deeper. Both teams almost won. Its really a toss up cant go wrong with either one. But the players state Blazers was a difficult match up.

2002 Sacramento Kings Rotation:
    PG - Mike Bibby / Bobby Jackson
    SG - Doug Christie / Bobby Jackson
    SF - Peja Stojakovic / Hedo
    PF - Chris Webber / Hedo
    C - Vlade Divac / Scot Pollard

Record: 61-21
    Off Rtg: 109.0 (3rd of 29)
    Def Rtg: 101.1 (6th of 29)

2000 Portland Trailblazers Rotation:
    PG - Damon Stoudamire / Greg Anthony
    SG - Steve Smith / Bonzi Wells
    SF - Scottie Pippen / Detlef Schrempf
    PF - Rasheed Wallace / Brian Grant
    C - Arvydas Sabonis / Brian Grant

Record: 59-23
    Off Rtg: 107.9 (3rd of 29)
    Def Rtg: 100.8 (5th of 29)

Fun fact: Gerald "Crash" Wallace was on that Kings team and Jermaine O'Neal was on that Blazers team.

Personally I've always looked at the Blazers as the tougher team. Shaq and Horry backing that up just confirms my thoughts. I was surprised to see that Kings had such a good defensive rating considering that Doug Christie is the only one in the starting lineup that had a rep for tough defense.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12