Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sheed's Blazers vs Cwebb's Kings

Shaq recently spoke about the Blazers being his toughest out, citing their lack of fear. So 2 part question...

1. Which team was better equipped to beat the Lakers.

2. Who would win in a series vs each other, 02 Kings vs 00 Blazers.

3. Bonus Question: Who wins in a playoff series every year of their primes, Cwebb vs Sheed from 99 to 03

The Kings, bc they should have beaten the Lakers. The refs handed that series to LA. That was some absolute BS. Still is.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    The Kings, bc they should have beaten the Lakers. The refs handed that series to LA. That was some absolute BS. Still is.
    Nobody gives a **** about the Queens!

lol the Lakers were handed more than one series against the blazers
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

1. I say Balzers. They where a really deep veteran team. They had bodyís to throw at Shaq and Pippen to guard the perimeter.

2. Kings have the best player in Webber and still a deep team. Blazers are just a deeper team. I give it to Blazers in 7. Pippen can lock up Peja was my deciding factor.

Lakers in 7

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    LOL I agree that it is BS...BS that the refs conspired against the lakers in Game 5 for an entire game and still had to blatantly cheat to get the kings to pull out the win in the final minute right up until the very last couple of possessions. The officiating was bad, but it was bad both ways. Nothing that happened in that series outweighs what occurred in Game 5.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 06-16-2020 at 11:12 AM.

I think the Kings were one of the most talented teams in the history of the league and probably the most talented team to never win a title. I think the kings were better equipped to beat the lakers, although the blazers were also an extremely deep and talented team. I take the kings in 7 over the blazers.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Nobody gives a **** about the Queens!
    It's funny how a lot of people talk about Game 6, which breakdowns have shown that it was a pretty evenly called bad game. The response is, "sure, but it was the timing of the calls that really affected the game and that's when it went in big favor of the lakers". It's funny how these people completely ignore the game before that, Game 5. Shaq shot 1 free throw all game and fouled out in the 3rd on a few phantom fouls and then the final minute of the game (where the timing was critical) was absolutely atrocious with plays that occurred in plain sight, some in open space, right in front of the refs and they ALL went in the Kings favor.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 06-16-2020 at 02:15 PM.

Well if shaq says the Blazers were a tougher out then I beleive him

Head to head Im taking the Kings. Peja being the biggest difference for me. That dude was lights out in his prime. Not in 99 though, he was a rookie then. When did the kings get Bibby? Ill have to look that up because he was way better than J Williams who was all flash
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-16-2020 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    1. I say Balzers. They where a really deep veteran team. They had bodyís to throw at Shaq and Pippen to guard the perimeter.

2. Kings have the best player in Webber and still a deep team. Blazers are just a deeper team. I give it to Blazers in 7. Pippen can lock up Peja was my deciding factor.
    Pip was on the decline and not the same player imo

Then again Peja was only a rookie in 99 so youre probably right.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-16-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Head to head Im taking the Kings. Peja being the biggest difference for me. That dude was lights out in his prime. Not in 99 though, he was a rookie then. When did the kings get Bibby? Ill have to look that up because he was way better than J Williams who was all flash
    Bibby played in the series vs Lakers, think thatís when he joined the Kings

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

Bibby was traded for Jason Williams in the summer of 2001.

Kings... G6 was given to LA, and the Kings could have won G7 if they didnt absolutely suck from the free throw line, and the Robert Horry game, Samaki Walkers halfcourt heave at halftime shouldnt have counted bc it was after the buzzer, still pisses me off thinking about it.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 06-16-2020 at 02:26 PM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Bibby was traded for Jason Williams in the summer of 2001.

Kings... G6 was given to LA, and the Kings could have won G7 if they didnt absolutely suck from the free throw line, still pisses me off thinking about it
    AND G5 was given to the kings, so G5 and G6 cancel out...could've, would've, should've. Lakers won it on Kings' home court in 7, end of story.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 06-16-2020 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    AND G5 was given to the kings, so G5 and G6 cancel out...could've, would've, should've. Lakers won it on Kings' home court in 7, end of story.
    We are debating between 2 teams that both lost to the lakers, so yes both teams coulda woulda shoulda more in order to win, but Im saying why Im chosing the kings. 3 games of the lakers wins coulda woulda shoulda been Kings wins.. not so sure about blazers series
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast