Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    Yes, what he did was way worse. Richards and Griffin were targeting individuals, whereas Kaep defamed and **** on an entire nation. Get it? If you think the flag or anthem somehow symbolize police brutality, then you're farther out of the mainstream than I thought.
    It's a stupid ****ing song and a stupid ****ing piece of fabric, most likely made in China. I don't give a **** about Kaep, but anyone who thinks not standing/not caring about the flag is somehow worse than actual targets to individuals needs to evaluate their life and their obsession with a song and flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    As a 49ers fan, I can give you a simple answer. At the time Kaepernick was blackballed from the league, he was a lower third end starter or very high end back up QB in the league. To win a super bowl, it usually takes a high end QB, so most 49er fans were not that upset.

Also, with no political agenda, I am pretty sure most 49er fans would take Kaepernick's talent over Blaine Gabbert, Brian Hoyer, and C.J. Beathard who we had between Kaep and Garoppolo.

Kaepernick was a top 32 QB by the end of his playing career. I get him not getting a starting gig as there are always youngsters who have potential who should start over better QBs because of a higher ceiling. Him not being in the league this whole time is strictly political.
    I love it. You didn't want to move forward with him but everyone else is blackballing him, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    It's a stupid ****ing song and a stupid ****ing piece of fabric, most likely made in China.
    Then why did we plant it on Mount Suribachi and the moon?

I don't give a **** about Kaep, but anyone who thinks not standing/not caring about the flag is somehow worse than actual targets to individuals needs to evaluate their life and their obsession with a song and flag.
    Michael Richards lost his career for confronting a heckler in a nightclub. Kaep gets paid millions to condemn the symbol of an entire nation. Does that sound fair to you?

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    Then why did we plant it on Mount Suribachi and the moon?
    Because we were trying to flash our balls to Russia? Who cares?

Michael Richards lost his career for confronting a heckler in a nightclub. Kaep gets paid millions to condemn the symbol of an entire nation. Does that sound fair to you?
    I hate the cancel culture we have and I think Kaep is a ****ing tool who had no idea what he was doing and then had everything kinda fall in place for him. If you watch Kaep's early interviews he clearly had no ****ing clue what he was doing or saying, but now he's spent years building his platform and has tons of support, so naturally he's playing that into millions of dollars. Richards didn't 'lose' his career, he called a random black audience member the N-word with no underlying joke attached to it; he killed his own brand by being hateful and unfunny.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I love it. You didn't want to move forward with him but everyone else is blackballing him, lol.
    He was a low end starter/high end backup. He was not out of the league because of lack of talent.

As a fan of any team, why would you not want to upgrade your starting QB position? Of course I wanted that for my team. It does not mean Kaep was unworthy of being a backup somewhere.

Kaep and Roseanne both go back to work. That's my solution.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Blackballed. I would have taken Kaep over McCown and not had an ounce of second thought.
    and thats why you're. a GM....wait
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

It's a stupid ****ing song and a stupid ****ing piece of fabric, most likely made in China. I don't give a **** about Kaep, but anyone who thinks not standing/not caring about the flag is somehow worse than actual targets to individuals needs to evaluate their life and their obsession with a song and flag.
    it's never been about the anthem or the flag, it's about what they symbolize...and there's a helluva lot more it symbolizes than the negatives people bring up......every country has its warts, and we all have the freedom to leave it if we so choose...not true of all countries
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    it's never been about the anthem or the flag, it's about what they symbolize...and there's a helluva lot more it symbolizes than the negatives people bring up......every country has its warts, and we all have the freedom to leave it if we so choose...not true of all countries
    I agree and I never saw the significance of protesting the anthem when it's just a song. But we can agree we have the freedom to protest it just as we have the freedom to leave the country.

The anthem really is terrible lol. I always cringe during the Olympics because ours is the worst of basically any country

Because we were trying to flash our balls to Russia? Who cares?

I hate the cancel culture we have and I think Kaep is a ****ing tool who had no idea what he was doing and then had everything kinda fall in place for him. If you watch Kaep's early interviews he clearly had no ****ing clue what he was doing or saying, but now he's spent years building his platform and has tons of support, so naturally he's playing that into millions of dollars. Richards didn't 'lose' his career, he called a random black audience member the N-word with no underlying joke attached to it; he killed his own brand by being hateful and unfunny.
    This is your best post ever lol....I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Sure they symbolize a lot of good, but America is falling apart and it's the right of American citizens to show their displeasure of the way things are going by any means necessary.

America is 20th in education
    America is 17th in freedom
    America is last in the developed world when it comes to healthcare
    America is 46th in the world in terms of overall health
    America ranks 13th in terms of standard of living

So despite the fact that we're the worlds only current superpower, and despite the fact that we have the largest GDP at $20.49 trillion ($7 trillion more than the number 2 GDP and 4x higher than the number 3 GDP), our numbers for almost everything is disappointing.

Kneeling for the flag isn't about dishonoring the past and the current protesting isn't about spitting in everyone's face. It's people realizing that the United States is headed in a very bad direction and the people fighting for change.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Sure they symbolize a lot of good, but America is falling apart and it's the right of American citizens to show their displeasure of the way things are going by any means necessary.

America is 20th in education
    America is 17th in freedom
    America is last in the developed world when it comes to healthcare
    America is 46th in the world in terms of overall health
    America ranks 13th in terms of standard of living

So despite the fact that we're the worlds only current superpower, and despite the fact that we have the largest GDP at $20.49 trillion ($7 trillion more than the number 2 GDP and 4x higher than the number 3 GDP), our numbers for almost everything is disappointing.

Kneeling for the flag isn't about dishonoring the past and the current protesting isn't about spitting in everyone's face. It's people realizing that the United States is headed in a very bad direction and the people fighting for change.
    It's so bad that this is where everyone else pours into.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    which exacerbates the problems listed above

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That isn't true lol. "Everyone else pours into". The US is not special.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 07-03-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast