Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    WAIT A MINUTE! Wait…wait a minute. Hold. Wait. FIRST of all you’re not gonna speed past that like you didn’t just say what you just said…

Man that's a perfect reason to have kids right there
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Man that's a perfect reason to have kids right there

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ya know what I've. not seen?
    Kaepernick saying he WANTS to still play
    Kaep has been quiet these past few months, but back in November after his workout, he definitely sounded like he wanted to play. How much can a competitor's heart change in 7 - 8 months after being being blackballed for 3 years? I'd say not at all. He wants to play, but like everyone else, he probably has his own opinion as to where that is.

As for the original topic, I don't know if Kaepernick is better than EVERY #2 QB in the league, but I definitely would invite him in to see if he can unseat our #1 and #2 in fair, open competition. No slight against Carr or Mariota, but unless you are Brady, Elway, Peyton Manning, Montana, Brees, Favre, Steve Young, or any of the other great, superbly gifted QBs that played in this league and won Super Bowls, no job is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Kaep has been quiet these past few months, but back in November after his workout, he definitely sounded like he wanted to play. How much can a competitor's heart change in 7 - 8 months after being being blackballed for 3 years? I'd say not at all. He wants to play, but like everyone else, he probably has his own opinion as to where that is.

As for the original topic, I don't know if Kaepernick is better than EVERY #2 QB in the league, but I definitely would invite him in to see if he can unseat our #1 and #2 in fair, open competition. No slight against Carr or Mariota, but unless you are Brady, Elway, Peyton Manning, Montana, Brees, Favre, Steve Young, or any of the other great, superbly gifted QBs that played in this league and won Super Bowls, no job is safe.
    You're open to bringing someone in to unseat Carr and you'd bring in a gimmick QB who hasn't played meaningful football in nearly 5 years when there's a former MVP who's carried bad offenses his entire career waiting to be signed for next to nothing? The biggest reason I keep seeing for fans not wanting Cam is that signing him would cause problems with their current starter, so if a team is open to a legit QB competition, I can't imagine anyone signing Kaep over Cam.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    You're open to bringing someone in to unseat Carr and you'd bring in a gimmick QB who hasn't played meaningful football in nearly 5 years when there's a former MVP who's carried bad offenses his entire career waiting to be signed for next to nothing? The biggest reason I keep seeing for fans not wanting Cam is that signing him would cause problems with their current starter, so if a team is open to a legit QB competition, I can't imagine anyone signing Kaep over Cam.
    That's another part of this.....the original reason he wasn't signed is he wanted starter money...I don't remember if salary expectations came out when he worked out last fall.....so don't know what it would be now.

So yeah, just from that standpoint, if you could sign him or Cam...especially if you could sign Cam cheaper...how many times out of 10 is he signed over Cam?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

While I agree that before he was out of the league, he was probably better than every (or at least 90%) of the backups in the league. But like others have said, who knows exactly what he is now. No matter how good of shape he's in or how much he's been throwing, nothing compares to live reps with the best athletes in the world breathing down your neck. Still probably worth a shot if he's willing to play on the cheap, but not sure id say with 100% certainty that he's for sure even a high level backup.

Also, I think "better" is a bit of a subjective word too because fit matters. As a packers fan, I would have absolutely taken him over Tim Boyle last year if he was willing to sign for fairly cheap. Boyle was never the long term solution. But now that we've drafted Jordan Love, I'll pass. If we need someone to win in week 3, kap is most likely a better choice than Love. But there's only so many reps in practice and both kap and love would need reps.

It's the same with a team like the chargers. If they think kap or even cam are better options that tyrod, then they should sign them. If they aren't, then let tyrod start and give Herbert the reps as the backup.

But I think alot of it depends on what kap wants to do. Like he's probably better than guys like Flacco, AJ McCarron, Matt Barkley ect, but does he really want to sign a deal to site behind a young or established qb where his only shot to play is injury. Like, does he want to be Deshaun Watson's backup. Or sit behind even a kirk cousins, where he legit doesn't have much of a chance to play.

I think that's where cam is at too. Maybe you pull a Jamies and find a good coach and he can put you in the good graces of people around the league, but there's really not alot of spots where there's much of a combo of immediate and long term opening. It's an awkward time to be a vet looking for a potential starting job. Teddy two gloves got a nice deal, but there's a decent chance Carolina is in the market for a qb in the draft soon and he might be a 1-2 year starter at most too.

Everyone almost always misses this point. Colin more than anything wanted to be paid like a top starter. That wasn't and still will not happen.

This has nothing to do with ability. Like Michael Richards, Paula Deen, Mel Gibson and Kathy Griffin, he did something terrible/offensive and the market responded. He victimized himself.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    This has nothing to do with ability. Like Michael Richards, Paula Deen, Mel Gibson and Kathy Griffin, he did something terrible/offensive and the market responded. He victimized himself.
    His ability isn’t good enough for the headache he would cause.

Chase Daniel inexplicably still has a job in the NFL.

I'll take Kaep over him in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post

Lol no you wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post

Nah

The best part about the Kaepernick situation is that you'll hardly ever hear a San Fransisco (super liberal city) fan, complain about how they got rid of him. Not like they replaced him with Steve Young either.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The best part about the Kaepernick situation is that you'll hardly ever hear a San Fransisco (super liberal city) fan, complain about how they got rid of him. Not like they replaced him with Steve Young either.
    As a 49ers fan, I can give you a simple answer. At the time Kaepernick was blackballed from the league, he was a lower third end starter or very high end back up QB in the league. To win a super bowl, it usually takes a high end QB, so most 49er fans were not that upset.

Also, with no political agenda, I am pretty sure most 49er fans would take Kaepernick's talent over Blaine Gabbert, Brian Hoyer, and C.J. Beathard who we had between Kaep and Garoppolo.

Kaepernick was a top 32 QB by the end of his playing career. I get him not getting a starting gig as there are always youngsters who have potential who should start over better QBs because of a higher ceiling. Him not being in the league this whole time is strictly political.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Yup yup yup. We will hit a point where it might become obvious the Colin might not want to play. I heard someone on the radio where him not being signed is a loss for the NFL but him signing might be a loss for him. What if he comes back and is terrible? Makes people framing his being out of the league due to the protests look quite bad.
    why would he want to play.. he had a chance and sent his gf to destroy said chance... he was bad/fell off a cliff and his gf decided along with him that they would turn it into a race issue... which is bad but at the same time is good... what he did was good but he did it for the wrong reasons... he lost his job and was trash and thus used the race card. It helped society now so fine but he doesnt deserve the credit.... he is trash. He wont be good now and he wouldnt be good a few years ago... when he gets a job he will be trash and people will just say well he has been out of football yada yada yada yada....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast