Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Chase Daniel inexplicably still has a job in the NFL.

I'll take Kaep over him in a heart beat.
    no doubt but chase daniel doesnt have a media circus around him... the issue was never race or kneeling... kaep didnt have a job because he wasnt good and nobody wanted the headache of the media/fans trying to push him when he isnt better than whomever is the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by slats7 View Post
    This has nothing to do with ability. Like Michael Richards, Paula Deen, Mel Gibson and Kathy Griffin, he did something terrible/offensive and the market responded. He victimized himself.
    Imagine thinking what he did was terrible/offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Nah
    Canít be serious.

if he was so worth signing from a talent standpoint, why did most that saw him last fall yawn?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    if he was so worth signing from a talent standpoint, why did most that saw him last fall yawn?
    Blackballed. I would have taken Kaep over McCown and not had an ounce of second thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    As a 49ers fan, I can give you a simple answer. At the time Kaepernick was blackballed from the league, he was a lower third end starter or very high end back up QB in the league. To win a super bowl, it usually takes a high end QB, so most 49er fans were not that upset.

Also, with no political agenda, I am pretty sure most 49er fans would take Kaepernick's talent over Blaine Gabbert, Brian Hoyer, and C.J. Beathard who we had between Kaep and Garoppolo.

Kaepernick was a top 32 QB by the end of his playing career. I get him not getting a starting gig as there are always youngsters who have potential who should start over better QBs because of a higher ceiling. Him not being in the league this whole time is strictly political.
    Itís not political. Fans donít look at the headache and circus aspect like GMs and coaches do.
    Imagine signing Kap now then releasing him?

Even if you love Kap and respect everything he did and understand he might of been slightly better then your backup there is no way you would want to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Imagine thinking what he did was terrible/offensive.
    Yikes, apparently Football Man not standing for the song is as bad as racism, antisemitism, and making an art show out of a fantasy presidential assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Itís not political. Fans donít look at the headache and circus aspect like GMs and coaches do.
    Imagine signing Kap now then releasing him?

Even if you love Kap and respect everything he did and understand he might of been slightly better then your backup there is no way you would want to sign him.
    I can kinda relate even with a fan perspective, given that we signed Eric Reid. Reid was a much better safety than Kaep was a QB, and he still was kind of a pain it the *** to have on the team. I couldn't care less about his politics, but him starting a random *** fight before the Eagles game was a distraction. Once his play fell from "average" to "bad" it was even worse because he seemed to care more about his causes than playing football.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Yikes, apparently Football Man not standing for the song is as bad as racism, antisemitism, and making an art show out of a fantasy presidential assassination.
    Yes, what he did was way worse. Richards and Griffin were targeting individuals, whereas Kaep defamed and **** on an entire nation. Get it? If you think the flag or anthem somehow symbolize police brutality, then you're farther out of the mainstream than I thought.

Yes, what he did was way worse. Richards and Griffin were targeting individuals, whereas Kaep defamed and **** on an entire nation. Get it? If you think the flag or anthem somehow symbolize police brutality, then you're farther out of the mainstream than I thought.
    You do realize you are on the wrong side of history here, right? It is not very hard to see. Just like the activist athletes of the Civil Rights era, tons of people were against them and thought they were anti-American. Now, history shines positive on those athletes and negatively on those against them.

It has only been a few years since Kaep did what he did, and already the narrative is starting to turn in his favor. When this era is written in history books for future people to read, Kaep will be looked at favorably, and people like you will be looked at as an oppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    You do realize you are on the wrong side of history here, right? It is not very hard to see.
    I love that expression. It's right up there with "That's not who we are." Once upon a time, people thought Communism was a historical inevitability. Thank God we were on the "wrong side" then, too.

Just like the activist athletes of the Civil Rights era, tons of people were against them and thought they were anti-American. Now, history shines positive on those athletes and negatively on those against them.
    It does? I don't read many books by Cult Marx professors, so maybe you're right.

It has only been a few years since Kaep did what he did, and already the narrative is starting to turn in his favor.
    Because libs and SJW types control the print media, social media, the universities, and most Fortune 500 companies, dummy.

When this era is written in history books for future people to read, Kaep will be looked at favorably, and people like you will be looked at as an oppressor.
    LOL. Gee, I hope some big company "oppresses" me the way Kaep is being oppressed by Nike - to the tune of millions of dollars. The grift continues.

Wow! I have no response for that.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    no doubt but chase daniel doesnt have a media circus around him... the issue was never race or kneeling... kaep didnt have a job because he wasnt good and nobody wanted the headache of the media/fans trying to push him when he isnt better than whomever is the starter.
    The Lions also had the circus of Suh stomping Rodgers, EDS, beating up Cutler etc. among other media nonsense (cheaping out on paying Megatron, Patricia being an ******* to players) so I'm not sold this would be a huge deal. The media here either slobs on their knob or is incredibly anal, there is no in between. Furthermore the fan base is largely stupid anyway so there will always be someone calling for Stafford's job. Dumb ***** wanted to start Driskel over Stafford after his not completely awful game against the Bears. It was all over the radio here. I do not believe for a second him being here would be much different from a local perspective. Initial rush you're going to have media everywhere but after a few months it will die down, once the Lions fall apart as usual.

Imagine still thinking itís about the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Imagine still thinking itís about the flag.

No, it wasn't about it, but Kaepernick himself is the one that brought the flag into it
    ďI am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color."

Had he not done so, who knows if he'd have gotten anywhere near the backlash at the time or whether he'd still be playing.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast