Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Colin Kaepernick better than every single backup QB, says Nate Burleson

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/nat...k-01eamdmhbh5s

I'm projecting that Kaepernick is a subject that can now be discussed, given the fact the whole kneeling thing is no longer the controversial subject it once was.

I like Nate..usually.....but better than every backup QB in the league? C'MON man...

Firstly, we have no idea what 2020 Kaepernick even IS...not like it's logical to expect his QB skills to have improved with age and no playing time.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Without thinking too hard, I’d agree.

Kaepernick absolutely should be playing as he never did anything wrong in the first place. That being said, I agree with the OP. Kaep hasn’t played football in 4+ years and his speed and mobility was his game. At 33 years old and 4 years removed from football you gotta wonder if he’s still got that in him or not because he really wasn’t beating teams with his arm.

Would I want Colin kaepernick or Andy dalton as my backup? Honestly, I think I’d rather have dalton for sure.

Your baby can't do this

If a team is willing to sign him that’s great for him. As a player though I seem to remember that he was pretty bad the last year or two that he played. Am I remembering that wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has the same problem as Tebow. Not only does he has to be better but he has to be significantly better to offset the circus of reporters.
    I’m sure Tebow is better then some backups but if I was a GM I would never consider him.
    Kap is definitely not better then every backup.

I usually like Nate's opinions, but Kaep hasn't played in 3 or 4 years. I would agree that at the time of his release he was easily a bottom tier starter/best backup in the league, but who knows what he's got left. His game was pretty gimmicky and I have to imagine he's lost some speed.

BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

I've never had a problem with the idea of a team signing him.......I had 2 problems with it 4 years ago that are maybe both gone now- 1) the circus of media attention (which may still exist, but not nearly as divisive) and 2) his expectation to have a real shot at starting (which I'm assuming is much less the case now)

but even if time had stood still for him skill wise, there are a number of backups I'd take...just from a skill stand point...over him.......Dalton, Newman (if that's where we put him now), Winston, Mariota...just off the top of my head

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    He has the same problem as Tebow. Not only does he has to be better but he has to be significantly better to offset the circus of reporters.
    I’m sure Tebow is better then some backups but if I was a GM I would never consider him.
    Kap is definitely not better then every backup.
    Tebow is definitely not better than backups or third stringers. He was the most horrific excuse of a qb I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

nobody on the planet ever disagreed with this.... hell tebow is better than some but the circus around these guys and their skill levels make them not worth the risk... now kaep is worth the risk because he will bring solidarity because this opened eyes so teams will want him... before his skill drop off/plus the kneeling made him not worth the investment.

WAIT A MINUTE! Wait…wait a minute. Hold. Wait. FIRST of all you’re not gonna speed past that like you didn’t just say what you just said…

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    WAIT A MINUTE! Wait…wait a minute. Hold. Wait. FIRST of all you’re not gonna speed past that like you didn’t just say what you just said…

Most accurate QB in Dallas

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Most accurate QB in Dallas

I plead the 5th.

Kaep should have been playing this whole time. I don't know that it was ever true collusion to blackball him but at the least each team made an individual decision to not offer him a football position he was qualified for because of the expected backlash to the business.

There's definitely some revisionist history with how qualified he was. He was benched for Blaine Gabbert the year before his protests. There were reports that players in the locker room didn't like his demeanor. When he first broke onto the scene the read option was a new thing and his playing style was unique. As defenses adjusted he never countered. He had an injury that caused him to lose weight and he wasn't the same runner anymore even independent of defensive adjustments. He was not a good player by the end of his SF time.

Still, QB position isn't exactly overflowing with talent. Absent the drama surrounding him he most definitely would have been signed by someone. But to compare him to current day QBs signed this offseason he was in the Andy Dalton/Ryan Fitzpatrick/Jameis Winston type of caliber. He was a guy you sign to be a backup or maybe keep the seat warm until a rookie steps in.

If that's the caliber of player he was in 2016 I have a real hard time believing that with 4 years off from the game he's even as good as he was then. Particularly when feel for the game and anticipation was a major weakness for him. I highly doubt he'd be the best backup at this stage. Definite possibility he's worthy of being on a team though so we'll see if someone gives him a chance. I think there would be a fear of backlash for releasing him so not sure any team will do it.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

ya know what I've. not seen?
    Kaepernick saying he WANTS to still play

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    ya know what I've. not seen?
    Kaepernick saying he WANTS to still play
    Yup yup yup. We will hit a point where it might become obvious the Colin might not want to play. I heard someone on the radio where him not being signed is a loss for the NFL but him signing might be a loss for him. What if he comes back and is terrible? Makes people framing his being out of the league due to the protests look quite bad.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast