Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Yeah, he rolled her. He's a terrible politician.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Yeah, he rolled her. He's a terrible politician.
    She got almost 20% of the vote, and had more total votes than the top two Republican candidates. That's not a bad showing.

Steny has plenty of years left, and I don't think she is going to make much headway in a national election while he's around. Maybe she gets involved at the state level after this and waits it out.

Just reading about her story, even if I don't agree with a lot of her platform, it is nice to read about younger people being inspired to politics.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    He falls far right from the Kennedy Tree. He has trying to build himself as a progressive but is failing miserably. I really don't know much about him outside that
    Riding that last name coattail

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Hoyer absolutely should go, but unfortunately he never has to travel to keep in touch with his district since itís right next to DC. Thatís a built-in advantage for him.

McConnell is probably not going to lose unless Trumpís approval is below 35 by November. Booker has a better shot though. Heís a good candidate.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Hoyer absolutely should go, but unfortunately he never has to travel to keep in touch with his district since itís right next to DC. Thatís a built-in advantage for him.

McConnell is probably not going to lose unless Trumpís approval is below 35 by November. Booker has a better shot though. Heís a good candidate.
    Exactly. And he graduated from Suitland High, which is as close to DC as you can get, so he's exceptionally local. He gets a lot of support from Republicans for keeping defense jobs in the area too.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    She got almost 20% of the vote, and had more total votes than the top two Republican candidates. That's not a bad showing.

Steny has plenty of years left, and I don't think she is going to make much headway in a national election while he's around. Maybe she gets involved at the state level after this and waits it out.

Just reading about her story, even if I don't agree with a lot of her platform, it is nice to read about younger people being inspired to politics.
    Seems like you're one of the hard to find reasonable republicans since Trump took over. Nice to see.

I've talked to many. Probably only met 3 or 4 out of about 25.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

The Maine Senatorial election should be a good one to watch.

The Democratic primary was postponed to July 14, but the presumptive nominee will be Sara Gideon, currently the Speaker of the Maine House of Representatives and a former advertising executive from Freeport. Gideon appears to be a fairly mainstream left of center Democrat (though she currently claims she will accept no PAC donations), and she is almost assured of beating Betsy Sweet, a much more progressive candidate in the Democratic primary.

Recent polling shows Gideon with an advantage over Republican incumbent Susan Collins (2.5%).

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Seems like you're one of the hard to find reasonable republicans since Trump took over. Nice to see.

I've talked to many. Probably only met 3 or 4 out of about 25.

I'm more in the middle. Economically, I am very Republican. For many social issues, I tend to lean left of center except for a handful, due to family experiences and my Catholic faith. Until this election cycle, I was a registered Democrat, but since those elections are already decided in Maryland, I changed to Republican because I have a better chance to influence the direction of that vote at least in the primary.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    McSally and Gardner are done. Collins likely to lose. I think Dems win back the Senate and keep the House. But also possible that Trump wins again with 270-280 electoral votes.
    The Democrats that won seats from Republicans were those that tried to run on being basically "centrist", not the Cortez and Omar types. Now its been two years later. The Democrats haven't been turned back to the middle, they've become further left. The "Woke" have taken over.. I'm pretty sure you're going to see a red tidal wave come November.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    The Democrats that won seats from Republicans were those that tried to run on being basically "centrist", not the Cortez and Omar types. Now its been two years later. The Democrats haven't been turned back to the middle, they've become further left. The "Woke" have taken over.. I'm pretty sure you're going to see a red tidal wave come November.
    lol
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

As a Democrat, I really care about what you, a right-winger, has to say about the nature of the Democratic party.

Just be glad it's significantly further to the right than the left party in any other country you'd ever consider living in.

Conservative policy has long been less popular than liberal policy. They're holding on by a fine string, held up by gerrymandering, voter suppression and an insanely undemocratic court system. Eventually it will crumble.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    As a Democrat, I really care about what you, a right-winger, has to say about the nature of the Democratic party.

Just be glad it's significantly further to the right than the left party in any other country you'd ever consider living in.

Conservative policy has long been less popular than liberal policy. They're holding on by a fine string, held up by gerrymandering, voter suppression and an insanely undemocratic court system. Eventually it will crumble.
    Our democratic party Is basically centrist at most imo

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Yeah, but itís starting to turn left though slowly. I say in 10-15 years you may well see a Bernie type candidate get elected.

Yes, because Trumpism is a growing brand

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah, but itís starting to turn left though slowly. I say in 10-15 years you may well see a Bernie type candidate get elected.
    With climate change, social problems, and the threat of a major economic downturn coming, it may be too late by then.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast