Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Wouldn't that be like making a city into a state?
    So? DC has a bigger population than Wyoming and they call themselves a state
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Yeah. Virginia and Maryland are democrat held, I think, so they would reflect and represent Washington D.C political leaning just as well with the ability to have state representation and a shot at the senate seat of those states.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Statehood isn't the only way towards representation for DC. Puerto Rico needs to be brought out of their limbo status and given a full voice in congress.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

and they have a bigger population than Vermont

why?

If either want to be states, they should be states, seems fair to me
    If we go down that road, keep in mind there are sizeable movements in Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon to become separate states from the Liberal western parts of the states. There's also a movement in California to separate it into 5 states. If they all want to be separate states, should they be?

DC becoming a state to me seems ridiculous because it is a single city and nothing else. The only reason it would want to be a state is so that their citizens votes count towards the Presidential election via electorate college votes. Well, DC becoming a part of Virginia or Maryland accomplishes that. So it seems like the fairest compromise.

or just amend things to allow DC representation as is

otherwise, we're gonna need a bigger flag
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If we're going to deny DC becoming a state, then I insist that North and South Dakota be joined into just Dakota and Wyoming must be absorbed into Colorado.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If we're going to deny DC becoming a state, then I insist that North and South Dakota be joined into just Dakota and Wyoming must be absorbed into Colorado.
    just stop with that......even considering NOTHING else, nobody should be so geographically distant from their state's capital.......it'd be more logical to add MORE states than reduce the number....

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    just stop with that......even considering NOTHING else, nobody should be so geographically distant from their state's capital.......it'd be more logical to add MORE states than reduce the number....
    The farthest corner of Wyoming is 30 more miles and one hour drive further away from Denver, CO than Key Largo, FL is from Tallahassee, FL. So that argument is bunk.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

The farthest corner of Wyoming is 30 more miles and one hour drive further away from Denver, CO than Key Largo, FL is from Tallahassee, FL. So that argument is bunk.
    well I'm not the one that put the capital of Florida way up in the NW part of the state with far denser population to the south

the only reason YOU'D want to do any of this is to decrease Republican representation

Hear hear I second that, their 12 people should pose no problem.

well I'm not the one that put the capital of Florida way up in the NW part of the state with far denser population to the south

the only reason YOU'D want to do any of this is to decrease Republican representation
    This is why I'm not in favor of DC becoming a separate state as opposed to simply joining Maryland or Virginia. I can see now argument for them to be a state beyond "it will give Democrats more seats".

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Hear hear I second that, their 12 people should pose no problem.
    you really get a kick out of saying that, don't you...

Decrease Republican representation...increase actual people being represented...you say tomato...I say tomAto.
    _____

Decrease Republican representation...increase actual people being represented...you say tomato...I say tomAto.
    whatever helps you sleep at night dude

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast