Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 595
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Wouldn't that be like making a city into a state?
    So? DC has a bigger population than Wyoming and they call themselves a state
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,690
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    So? DC has a bigger population than Wyoming and they call themselves a state
    Yeah. Virginia and Maryland are democrat held, I think, so they would reflect and represent Washington D.C political leaning just as well with the ability to have state representation and a shot at the senate seat of those states.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    12,690
    Statehood isn't the only way towards representation for DC. Puerto Rico needs to be brought out of their limbo status and given a full voice in congress.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    8,872
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    So? DC has a bigger population than Wyoming and they call themselves a state
    and they have a bigger population than Vermont

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,443
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    why?

    If either want to be states, they should be states, seems fair to me
    If we go down that road, keep in mind there are sizeable movements in Eastern Washington and Eastern Oregon to become separate states from the Liberal western parts of the states. There's also a movement in California to separate it into 5 states. If they all want to be separate states, should they be?

    DC becoming a state to me seems ridiculous because it is a single city and nothing else. The only reason it would want to be a state is so that their citizens votes count towards the Presidential election via electorate college votes. Well, DC becoming a part of Virginia or Maryland accomplishes that. So it seems like the fairest compromise.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,045
    or just amend things to allow DC representation as is

    otherwise, we're gonna need a bigger flag
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,209
    If we're going to deny DC becoming a state, then I insist that North and South Dakota be joined into just Dakota and Wyoming must be absorbed into Colorado.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  8. #458
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,045
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If we're going to deny DC becoming a state, then I insist that North and South Dakota be joined into just Dakota and Wyoming must be absorbed into Colorado.
    just stop with that......even considering NOTHING else, nobody should be so geographically distant from their state's capital.......it'd be more logical to add MORE states than reduce the number....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,209
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    just stop with that......even considering NOTHING else, nobody should be so geographically distant from their state's capital.......it'd be more logical to add MORE states than reduce the number....
    The farthest corner of Wyoming is 30 more miles and one hour drive further away from Denver, CO than Key Largo, FL is from Tallahassee, FL. So that argument is bunk.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  10. #460
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,045
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The farthest corner of Wyoming is 30 more miles and one hour drive further away from Denver, CO than Key Largo, FL is from Tallahassee, FL. So that argument is bunk.
    well I'm not the one that put the capital of Florida way up in the NW part of the state with far denser population to the south

    the only reason YOU'D want to do any of this is to decrease Republican representation
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,251
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If we're going to deny DC becoming a state, then I insist that North and South Dakota be joined into just Dakota and Wyoming must be absorbed into Colorado.
    Hear hear I second that, their 12 people should pose no problem.

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    36,443
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well I'm not the one that put the capital of Florida way up in the NW part of the state with far denser population to the south

    the only reason YOU'D want to do any of this is to decrease Republican representation
    This is why I'm not in favor of DC becoming a separate state as opposed to simply joining Maryland or Virginia. I can see now argument for them to be a state beyond "it will give Democrats more seats".

  13. #463
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Hear hear I second that, their 12 people should pose no problem.
    you really get a kick out of saying that, don't you...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,209
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    well I'm not the one that put the capital of Florida way up in the NW part of the state with far denser population to the south

    the only reason YOU'D want to do any of this is to decrease Republican representation
    Decrease Republican representation...increase actual people being represented...you say tomato...I say tomAto.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  15. #465
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15,045
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Decrease Republican representation...increase actual people being represented...you say tomato...I say tomAto.
    whatever helps you sleep at night dude
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •