Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I just saw this...damn that ***** is ****ing stupid.

In a round about way she reminds me of Lori Lightfoot. Just not white, but still bat **** crazy.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

She's a vicious anti-Semite and Islamaphobe too. Like, there's gobs of video of her ranting about it. I'm sure all the totally-arguing-in-good-faith Trump supporters here will start (and then never-let-die) a 3,000+ post thread about it...

Seems like much of the party was hesitant to dive in and support her but now that she's won she's being embraced. Strange...........
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    She's a vicious anti-Semite and Islamaphobe too. Like, there's gobs of video of her ranting about it. I'm sure all the totally-arguing-in-good-faith Trump supporters here will start (and then never-let-die) a 3,000+ post thread about it...

Seems like much of the party was hesitant to dive in and support her but now that she's won she's being embraced. Strange...........
    Yeah these are the folks that call Omar an antisemite.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

The whole I know this is a free country and you have freedom of religion but you must swear on a bible is the most stupid thing she said as if the Bible would mean anything to a Muslim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The whole I know this is a free country and you have freedom of religion but you must swear on a bible is the most stupid thing she said as if the Bible would mean anything to a Muslim.
    umm, the Quran says parts of the Bible are a revelation from God, but that some of it is distorted....so it does mean something to a Muslim
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

If I ever run for Congress or higher office, I'm going to request to be sworn in on a program from Superbowl 32.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Omar and Tlaib were sworn in on a koran.

Do atheists swear in on anything?

Better question: are there even any avowed atheists in the House or the Senate?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

nah, they just swear
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    umm, the Quran says parts of the Bible are a revelation from God, but that some of it is distorted....so it does mean something to a Muslim
    But not a holy book like the Quran and the point of swearing on something is that it means much to you.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    Omar and Tlaib were sworn in on a koran.
    I know.

But am taking about the whole idiotic idea that she brings up freedom of religion, but then wants them to swear on a catholic or Christian book.

Oh and it looks like the squad all won their races?

Oh and it looks like the squad all won their races?
    #GoSquad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

I don’t think there is any requirement that they swear in on a book or anything. Just that you swear your oath of office.

You could probably swear in on your favorite issue of Playboy.

Answering my own question. Zero.*

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/athei...ress_n_3944108

* EDIT: Unless you accept California’s Jared Huffman as one. “In an interview with The Washington Post's Michelle Boorstein published November 9, 2017, Huffman stated ‘I suppose you could say I don't believe in God.’ Huffman stopped short of saying he was an atheist but rather describes himself as a non-religious humanist.”
    Last edited by Crovash; 08-13-2020 at 08:19 AM.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast