Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    From what I understand he is the first African-American Senator from a former Confederate state. Or the "modern south". I think I heard last night that there were a few pre-Reconstruction black senators from the south but they were Republicans. So I guess that makes him the first black Democrat Senator from the South?

Either way we can all agree there's been a severe lack of representation.
    Yea its first democratic senator from the 'south' as they view it.
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Wait that can't be true. Tim Scott is literally serving in the Senate right now.
    From what I understand he is the first African-American Senator from a former Confederate state. Or the "modern south". I think I heard last night that there were a few pre-Reconstruction black senators from the south but they were Republicans. So I guess that makes him the first black Democrat Senator from the South?

Either way we can all agree there's been a severe lack of representation.
    Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up, guys.

I don't believe the stock market means much of anything. But since Trump and Republicans have used it as a major indicator in their minds. So the market is up by almost 500 points on the news Democrats are taking over the senate. Does this mean Republicans believe it's good for Democrats to get 50 votes?
    The stock market would be happy with any result ó though maybe more with this at the moment ó both parties serve Wall Street well, just in different fashion.
    Last edited by Crovash; 01-06-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazz View Post
    The GOP is in deep ****, and it's a self inflicted wound. We'll see if they manage to bounce back from this trumpian madness and how, but it probably won't be easy. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they will still be divided come 2022.
    in my humble opinion, until the Baby boomers die off/retire, the GOP will represent the archaic party is wants to be. Once younger blood infiltrates higher leadership within the party, a more progressive party will emerge. Whether staunch republicans like that or not, I am assuming they won't. But if the party wants to remain relevant it will make changes, like it always has.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

It would be so wonderful to someday see how red the south really is without the rampant disenfranchisement. Republicans won't go down without a fight, and there are still so many people who should be allowed to participate but can not (by design). But with the works of a lot of these groups and leaders like Abrahams, hopefully we continue to see progress.

I know someone got upset with me for praising the organization efforts on the ground and taking a little shot at the DNC. I don't care. I don't love Stacey Abrams politically (she's better than many, for sure), but I love her skills. And she puts them to use, and for a good cause. I hope the Party sees and appreciates this. I woke up this morning and she was the #1 trending topic on twitter. I'm glad to see that.
    that has always been the crazy part to me. The deep south is ALWAYS red (until now I guess), and yet they have a huge population of blacks, that simply haven't gone to the polls in rural areas over time. If that can somehow change, it will be a new world man.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

When Kelly Loeffler attempts to object to the election results in the presidential election, I would love for someone to say "didn't this person just lose her election?".
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah I donít see it the dems making a comeback.
    You didn't see Biden coming back in PA either. And this prediction failed too.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

8. 01-06-2021, 12:49 PM
    Reason
    Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    in my humble opinion, until the Baby boomers die off/retire, the GOP will represent the archaic party is wants to be. Once younger blood infiltrates higher leadership within the party, a more progressive party will emerge. Whether staunch republicans like that or not, I am assuming they won't. But if the party wants to remain relevant it will make changes, like it always has.
    Hope you are right, but these populist-nationalist movements with their demagogues and their lies have shown the ability to fool people of all ages. The world needs to remain vigilant. There's a lesson to be learnt here for everybody, not just the US.

10. 01-06-2021, 01:07 PM
    Reason
    Nope

11. 01-06-2021, 01:10 PM
    Reason
    Response to deleted

Ehh let him have some arugula. I'm not a fan of animal cruelty.
    hahahaha

Donald Trump: it was the fraud that stole the election from Loeffler and Purdue!

Also Donald Trump: we should have passed $2000 checks!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    You didn't see Biden coming back in PA either. And this prediction failed too.
    And I am glad I was wrong.

15. 01-06-2021, 01:37 PM
    Reason
    Response to deleted

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Sounds like he's finally Made America Great Again.

This day has turned real shorty in DC, but am not going to stop celebrating the fact that a Jewish man and a black man were elected to the senate today in a southern state that has been red for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    This day has turned real shorty in DC, but am not going to stop celebrating the fact that a Jewish man and a black man were elected to the senate today in a southern state that has been red for decades.
    This is definitely a good thing! And it seems to be beyond the point where they can get a recount. I believe both senators over performed Joe Biden.

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast