Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Cops" & "Live PD" officially canceled

I am disappointed to see both go but given the current climate, I get it. Cops has literally been on tv almost all of my life. I have to say I'll miss it. I know it had a reputation where it mostly about arresting minorities but I thought that was an easy narrative that people fell back on. It wasn't worth the controversy it would cause for Paramount though.

I was surprised to see Live PD get the ax. Its A&E highest rated show and I think the highest rated show on cable for Friday and Saturday nights. The fact that they claimed to have destroyed footage of Javier Ambler's death certainly didn't help their cause.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-11-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Haven’t watched an episode in decades and never saw live PD, now the first 48 is another story.

I think it's complete ******** that they cancelled both shows but I'm sure it was the best/easiest decision for those networks.

Paw patrol is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Paw patrol is next.
    How mentally weak does someone have to be to get trigged by ****ing Paw Patrol?
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Never heard of Live PD, but what they did is totally ****ed up, they should be cancelled based on that alone.

Cops was cancelled a few years ago, didn't even know it was revived by another network. Easy decision to make
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Live PD in my county was loved by the police chief so much that he got in a public spat with the elected officials for the county to the point they got a court order to make him stop allowing Live PD in. And that was all months ago.

I'm torn because there were certainly instances of police using unnecessary force on both shows. That said (for the most part) cops were more cognizant of their actions because they knew they could be on television. The transparency was a good thing. It made officers more accountable.

Like I said, I get it given the current climate. Just very surprised to see both shows go, especially Live PD.

Good. Down with copoganda.
    HELLO

I maybe in the minority but I still believe in the police. I'm not letting the bad cops make me lose faith in the police. There are way too many good cops who are during what they are sworn to do to out there.

I understand why those shows were cancelled.
    Screw sabermetics.

Good cops that are ****ing complicit and say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I maybe in the minority but I still believe in the police. I'm not letting the bad cops make me lose faith in the police. There are way too many good cops who are during what they are sworn to do to out there.

I understand why those shows were cancelled.
    Many of the good cops need to stop supporting the blue fraternity and start outing bad cops, and this is coming from an ardent supporter of law enforcement. Things like the Baltimore Gun Task Force should not be happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    How mentally weak does someone have to be to get trigged by ****ing Paw Patrol?
    Lol, no kidding. We're past the point of ridiculous when we're cancelling a harmless kids show.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Many of the good cops need to stop supporting the blue fraternity and start outing bad cops, and this is coming from an ardent supporter of law enforcement. Things like the Baltimore Gun Task Force should not be happening.
    Disbanding police unions would probably help quite a bit. There's some irony in here somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

RIP

I used to love watching "Cops" back in the day.

The true stars of the show were the crackheads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JkwZUk3Kng

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Lol, no kidding. We're past the point of ridiculous when we're cancelling a harmless kids show.Disbanding police unions would probably help quite a bit. There's some irony in here somewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Yep, unions shouldn't be able to protect "low hanging fruit" in any profession. Police officers with a lot of proven complaints or excessive force violations. Teachers who consistently don't perform well with reviews and metrics. That is the one thing I really dislike about them and it really outweighs all of the good that can come from them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast