Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

What was your biggest disappointment of this season?

1) Lack of playing time for youth
    2) Lack of player development especially from PG's and is it related to number 1
    3) Randle
    4) Win Loss record
    5) Other......

Number one was the biggest disappointment for me.

Dolan is still alive

1-3 and 4, but only because we didn't lose more.

DSJR, I was probably as down on him as anyone but he was even worse then expected. Any trade value he might have had was tanked. and that we played Payton & Randle 35 & 38 min right up until the last game.

that we didn't even give Wooten or Peters a look.

That Miller when he took over kept the same starting lineup, never started Mitch, never benched Randle.

I didn't know where to put this, but with regard to 1) and 2) in particular, I found this nugget from an Athletic article citing players references in support of Kenny Atkinson particularly relevant:

“Kenny’s my guy. He was great and like I told him in a text, I said, I needed to be able to be in a situation and an environment where I could make mistakes and that was critical to my development and he afford me that opportunity. Believing you’re a great player is one thing, but being able to go out there and not look over your shoulder and think that you’re gonna come out if you miss a shot or turn it over is paramount in anybody’s development, any NBA player. That was huge for me, and I’ll always appreciate it.” — Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie, March 2020

Think about how we've developed some of our recent draftees like Frank, (DSJ), Knox, Trier, and even Mitch to a lesser extent. I feel like every one of these guys was constantly looking over their shoulders, afraid to make a mistake. And you're hearing it from the horse's mouth how detrimental that could be...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    I didn't know where to put this, but with regard to 1) and 2) in particular, I found this nugget from an Athletic article citing players references in support of Kenny Atkinson particularly relevant:

“Kenny’s my guy. He was great and like I told him in a text, I said, I needed to be able to be in a situation and an environment where I could make mistakes and that was critical to my development and he afford me that opportunity. Believing you’re a great player is one thing, but being able to go out there and not look over your shoulder and think that you’re gonna come out if you miss a shot or turn it over is paramount in anybody’s development, any NBA player. That was huge for me, and I’ll always appreciate it.” — Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie, March 2020

Think about how we've developed some of our recent draftees like Frank, (DSJ), Knox, Trier, and even Mitch to a lesser extent. I feel like every one of these guys was constantly looking over their shoulders, afraid to make a mistake. And you're hearing it from the horse's mouth how detrimental that could be...
    yea DSJR was reportedly very upset about the Payton signing. I get it that you should be able to take playing time, but there's a human element to sports, and when a team trades for you and then 20 games later signs a veteran PG who likely will start over you, it's just not a good way to instill confidence in a player. We did the same with Frank, drafted him and then immediately traded for Mudiay who became Fiz's pet project.

As much as I didn't like Randle, the Payton signing was even worse. at the very least we should have let DSJR go out there and put up 16 & 5, however inefficient. instead we tanked his trade value and hurt our lotto odds yet again for a guy that has no future on the team and likely won't even be here next year.

Our FO always thinks we are a playoff team, it's delusion really. and in turn we do everything to try to win 35 games at the expense of our long term health.
    Last edited by nycericanguy; 06-11-2020 at 12:36 PM.

DSjr had the starting spot the 1st week of games but he came into camp overweight and out of shape. He had every opportunity to take the starting role and blew it. After posting 300 work out video last summer, he definitely had the highst expectations and definitely disappointed on an epic level.

Lack of playing time for the youth. By far.

FIZDALE

All disappointments lead back to him.

If Miller had been coach from day 1, these conversations would all be different. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    DSjr had the starting spot the 1st week of games but he came into camp overweight and out of shape. He had every opportunity to take the starting role and blew it. After posting 300 work out video last summer, he definitely had the highst expectations and definitely disappointed on an epic level.
    let me clear i think DSJR sucks, but if you trade KP for him, you had to have given him at least a full season to see what he can do. doesnt surprise me he "gave up" after the Payton signing, he did the same thing in DAL, but we knew this and still traded for him and still signed Payton

i asked all season, what was gained by giving the lions share of minutes to Payton over the youngins? Who clearly was never going to be a long term answer. all we got was worse lotto odds.

The front office for me

They went out there and spent cap space and built a horrible roster

Not putting knox in the g league to learn as a player

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i asked all season, what was gained by giving the lions share of minutes to Payton over the youngins? Who clearly was never going to be a long term answer. all we got was worse lotto odds.
    Yeah, but if you think about it, now we're primed to pick the #4 and #5 ranked PGs in the draft instead of the #1 ranked PG.

So all in all a win.

What was your biggest disappointment of this season?

I had very low expectations from the start. I think my two disappointments are in the front office for signing as many guys as they did. I can see taking a look at some of these guys but we totally over did it. I was also disappointed Trier didn’t get the chance to play. Kid deserved a look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-11-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Yes..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast