Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Carraway is fun. He could be one of the Cubs better relievers now. Hes 100% a reliever but he could be a very good one.

Heres a scouting report that I liked:

Carraway is the best reliever in the country, and in my opinion, one of the best in all of the sport (including MLB). He has an electric FB thats almost pure backspin at 9699 MPH. The pitch is practically unhittable, and the only real comparisons I can think of at the MLB level with that sort of combination of velocity and backspin among LHP are Blake Snell and Aroldis Chapman. To go with the FB he has a sharp, 126 CB with almost pure topspin that pairs with the FB perfectly. Hes ready to contribute right away, and should be put in a ML bullpen whenever play starts up again.
    This is a great report. I hope the Cubs don't waste his time in the minors at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Did the Cubs get their Josh Hader guys ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    We already have our Josh Hader ready to go. Brailyn Marquez.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    We already have our Josh Hader ready to go. Brailyn Marquez.
    Eh. Too early to be conceding him as a starter. Guy had a 14 strikeout outing last year. We have a plethora of high velo reliever arms in the system right now. Marquez may be our only legit chance at a non BORP starter.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 06-12-2020 at 10:19 AM.

https://twitter.com/cubprospects/sta...035451393?s=21

My god his swing was as bad as 1908 mentioned. But as Bryan stated, hes made some good progress with it. Im excited about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Eh. Too early to be conceding him as a starter. Guy had a 14 strikeout outing last year. We have a plethora of high velo reliever arms in the system right now. Marquez may be our only legit chance at a non BORP starter.
    We finally have some high velo guys! This is just my opinion that he does not last as a starter.

Have they signed any undrafted guys yet

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    We finally have some high velo guys! This is just my opinion that he does not last as a starter.
    I don't know that he does either. My point is, it's too early to call it now one way or the other.

I feel like we've had this discussion before.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Have they signed any undrafted guys yet
    I believe that can start on Sunday.

I believe that can start on Sunday.
    Ok,thanks

Does anyone know what time the signings start?

Quote Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    Does anyone know what time the signings start?
    9 AM ET today, so its already underway

2016 World Series Champions!!!

2020 MLB Draft Thread

The Cubs have their first UDFA signing. As of this moment hes the highest ranked player from the BA top 500 draft list to sign today.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-all-30-teams/

The Cubs have their first UDFA signing. As of this moment hes the highest ranked player from the BA top 500 draft list to sign today.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...-all-30-teams/
    Doing some digging on Beesley. There's not a ton out there on him, but there's at least some.

He's 5"10, 180lbs today. He's grown a little over his years at Cal Poly, but not a ton (in 2016 he was 5"10, 165lbs according to PG), but he's definitely not slender, he looks matured. He's switched positions to CF during his time there, went to school as a middle infielder, and has switched to the OF. Might be versatile enough be a multi-position guy, PG spoke highly of his defense. Sounds like he's quick, and wirey. Didn't really hit that well at Cal Poly, never posted an OPS over .800. No power, maxed out at 3 home runs. Didn't steal a ton of bags, didn't strikeout a ton, but wasn't super limited, either. K'ed 33 times in 2018, 32 in 2019. More K's than walks. And he didn't really have a huge batting average, so it's hard to say this one of those "his hit tool was too good to walk" thing. Hit well in the Cape Cod in 2018. Swing is compact. Might be able to add more loft in there, increase the power. But most of these videos are from 2017, I've only found very sparse stuff after that.

Maybe you can work on a few things and see a bench bat with versatility down the road. He'll need to probably add some lift. He's not a bad $20K gamble at all. You might be able to develop him a little.

Baseball America link also lists INF Scott McKeon and LHP Scott Kobos from Coastal Carolina as 2 undrafted signees

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast