Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

NBA approves plan to resume in July 31

The NBA board of governors agreed on a plan to resume the season July 31

Games, practices and housing would all be held at the Disney World resort campus site. The format approved Thursday would allow for 16 teams ó top eight per conference ó plus six others that are six or fewer games behind the eighth seed in each respective conference. The season would begin with eight games and it includes the possibility of a play-in tournament.

If a team with the eight-best combined record in its conference is four games or fewer ahead of the team with ninth-best combined record, both games would need to complete in a play-in tournament. The higher seed would need to beat the other team once, while the team with fewer wins would need to win two in a row in order to advance.

After the 16 playoff teams are set, it would proceed in a traditional conference-based format. The NBA Finals would end no later than October 12, according to the NBA.

If the season resumes on the planned date, the 2020 NBA Draft would be rescheduled for October 15 and the 2020-2021 season would begin on December 1.
    - CHRISTOPHER BRITO, CBS News

Am I gathering correctly here, tho....that teams MAKING it to the Finals, would be in Orlando...and away from their families...from July 31 to potentially Oct 12? ...like 10 weeks
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Am I gathering correctly here, tho....that teams MAKING it to the Finals, would be in Orlando...and away from their families...from July 31 to potentially Oct 12? ...like 10 weeks
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

This link is prior to the owners approving it but "Conversations have centered on the timing of family arrivals at Walt Disney World Resort, which are likely to start once an initial wave of teams are eliminated and the number of people within the league's bubble decreases, sources said.

Family members would be subjected to the same safety and coronavirus testing protocols as everyone else living in the NBA's biosphere, sources said."

I read that families can join players after the first round of the playoffs.

should be interesting to watch games with no fans

2 more months pretty much

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-players...222234145.html

Players approved it too. So, the commissioner, governors (majority owners), players and venue are all on board, that's a good thing, just gotta workout the finer details.
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 06-05-2020 at 11:19 PM.

I thought this was some good info from the playoff thread but I wanted to share it here, because it's something I was curious about. *Originally posted by Dade County*

Game Info (but not confirmed)

BOSTON CELTICS

vs. Bucks, Wizards, Raptors, Nets, Wizards, Blazers, Grizzlies, Heat

BROOKLYN NETS

vs. Clippers, Kings, Wizards, Celtics, Magic, Clippers, Magic, Blazers

DALLAS MAVERICKS

vs. Suns, Clippers, Kings, Blazers, Suns, Rockets, Jazz, Bucks

DENVER NUGGETS

vs. Spurs, Lakers, Clippers, Thunder, Raptors, Heat, Spurs, Thunder

HOUSTON ROCKETS

vs. Lakers, Blazers, Kings, Bucks, Mavericks, Pacers, 76ers, Raptors

INDIANA PACERS

vs. 76ers, Heat, Suns, Magic, Rockets, Kings, Clippers, Lakers

L.A. CLIPPERS

vs. Nets, Pelicans, Mavericks, Nuggets, Suns, Nets, Pacers, Thunder

L.A. LAKERS

vs. Rockets, Nuggets, Jazz, Jazz, Raptors, Pacers, Trail Blazers,* Heat or Magic*

MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

vs. Blazers, Jazz, Spurs, Thunder, Bucks, Pelicans, Pelicans, Celtics

MIAMI HEAT

vs. Bucks, Pacers, Thunder, Nuggets, Suns, Celtics, Raptors, *Lakers or Trail Blazers*

MILWAUKEE BUCKS

vs. Celtics, Heat, Grizzlies, Wizards, Rockets, Wizards, Mavericks, Raptors

NEW ORLEANS PELICANS

vs. Kings, Jazz, Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies, Kings, Grizzlies, Magic

OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER

vs. Jazz, Wizards, Grizzlies, Nuggets, Heat, Nuggets, Suns, Clippers

ORLANDO MAGIC

vs. Pacers, Kings, Nets, Nets, Pelicans, 76ers, Raptors, Lakers or Trail Blazers*

PHILADELPHIA 76ERS

vs. Pacers, Wizards, Raptors, Blazers, Suns, Rockets, Magic, Spurs

PHOENIX SUNS

vs. Mavericks, Pacers, Clippers, Mavericks, 76ers, Wizards, Heat, Thunder

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

vs. Grizzlies, Rockets, Mavericks, 76ers, Celtics, Nets, Lakers,* Heat or Magic*

SACRAMENTO KINGS

vs. Pelicans, Nets, Mavericks, Rockets, Magic, Pelicans, Pacers, Spurs

SAN ANTONIO SPURS

vs. Nuggets, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Jazz, Jazz, Nuggets, Kings, 76ers

TORONTO RAPTORS

vs. 76ers, Celtics, Nuggets, Lakers, Bucks, Rockets, Heat, Magic

UTAH JAZZ

vs. Thunder, Pelicans, Grizzlies, Lakers, Lakers, Spurs, Spurs, Mavericks

WASHINGTON WIZARDS

vs. Celtics, Thunder, 76ers, Nets, Bucks, Celtics, Suns, Bucks

Just a few more pieces of information if anyone wants to read through them.

It's just toooo much.

Just end it, or create a march madness type of tournament; you lose you go home. Speed things up.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

the NBA champion of 2020 will have an asterisk because the championship loser will feel cheated by a 'questionable' positive COVID test of one of their stars during the series
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

the NBA champion of 2020 will have an asterisk because the championship loser will feel cheated by a 'questionable' positive COVID test of one of their stars during the series
    I get it but if that's the case then the Raptors title needs to have an asterisk for all the freak injuries to the Warriors, which I don't believe that, the Raptors won fair and square with the variables given, as will the 2020 NBA champion.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    should be interesting to watch games with no fans
    will there be stuffed animals in the stands?

The championship this year will definitely have an asterisk. Thatís why I wish they would have gone with a March Madness tournament style playoffs. It would have been cool to see a Cinderella team go all the way to win the title. I mean if itís going to have an asterisk next to it, why not try something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast