Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Black people are 4x more likely to be killed by a cop than white people, that is an ENORMOUS problem
    Did anybody say it wasn't a problem? I just said think that calling what is probably less than 20 events a year a "murdering black people at high rates". It's just hyperbole that doesn't help the issue.

We see and hear a lot of hyperbole around this issue right now when it's hot, but I've seen VERY little progress toward reasonable solutions. I heard earlier today that DC's mayor who was so "supportive" that she posed for pictures in protests and had huge BLM painted on city streets, the things she did for the PR, also has had a bill on her desk for weeks that bans the police use of tear gas on the people and she hasn't signed it ... they gassed more people last night. The PR side is a lie, what they do is the truth, and the truth is that they STILL don't care.

No bills to remove mandatory minimums, no bills to remove 3 strikes, no bills to legalize drugs, no bills to build more, smaller, community police stations, no bills to stop funding the police with federal money, no bills to stop selling discount military equipment to police, no bills to stop the seizure laws, no bills to stop letting police raise money for the city with fines, no bills to make prisons focus on rehab over punishment, no bills to require police training to go up dramatically. I can go on and on ... it's just talk. Even what the city council of Minneapolis did, it was just talk of a "plan" and that plan was to "talk to the communities". No real action. Some groups have taken action but they are all minor and in the form of discontinuing using the police as a private security force, but that without the other things just means they will have to double down on abusing their power to get more money out of the public to make up for the loss of those contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Where is that metric from?
    even if one donít know the exact number itís still logical they would be greatest at risk.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    even if one donít know the exact number itís still logical they would be greatest at risk.
    Shouldn't that take into account the % of total confrontations?

Shouldn't that take into account the % of total confrontations?
    Not really data also show they stop more black people and come up with no crimes. So in reality the average black person do not go around commiting crimes. I personally think you punish bad cops. But to pretend it have no bad cops in a society with well documented racist acts is insane.

If its known that its more likely to have crimimals in poor Areas as a leader of the country if your solution is to hire more cops manufacture more guns then you have not interest in fixing the problem. Why is the poor gwowing in your country leader? Its not a race thing why are you talking about race leader? What is going on leader?
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-24-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Not really data also show they stop more black people and come up with no crimes. So in reality the average black person do not go around commiting crimes. I personally think you punish bad cops. But to pretend it have no bad cops in a society with well documented racist acts is insane.

If its known that its more likely to have crimimals in poor Areas as a leader of the country if your solution is to hire more cops manufacture more guns then you have not interest in fixing the problem. Why is the poor gwowing in your country leader? Its not a race thing why are you talking about race leader? What is going on leader?
    So most of the black people that are stopped aren't reported with a crime. Shouldn't that be accounted for?
    What % of black people that the police stops is arrested and charged for crimes and what % of other races?

Bad police is a fact. The argument that people are having is that race doesn't matter for bad police, it's equally bad for everyone and it's a matter of wrong time and place for a lot of these victims.

So most of the black people that are stopped aren't reported with a crime. Shouldn't that be accounted for?
    What % of black people that the police stops is arrested and charged for crimes and what % of other races?

Bad police is a fact. The argument that people are having is that race doesn't matter for bad police, it's equally bad for everyone and it's a matter of wrong time and place for a lot of these victims.
    1. There is more interaction between police and the public in urban areas.
    2. There is more interaction between police and the public in poor areas.
    3. Urban poor areas have more black people than urban rich areas or rural areas.
    4. Urban areas have more policies that engage the police in making money for the city.
    5. Policies that engage police in making money tend to effect the poor far more than the rich.
    6. Police policies focus on protecting the police first at the cost of the public.
    7. Police training has gone down dramatically to free up more money earning potential from the police.

Even if the motivation is not racist, the result is a racially imbalanced result, and the direct result is that black people have plenty of reason to distrust the police.

What is the reasoning for police being more present in the poorer urban areas?

# 1 reason is money. It generate lots of it. Then you have to look look at the institutional history behind of it.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-24-2020 at 12:43 PM.

I am not a police and donít have access to that information but once again itís logical. Do you know how favoritisms works? Itís like you going to China and get in a fight with a local. Who do you think is most likely to be locked up? You know why we have a discrimination law? Because people discriminate and they do stuff like this https://www.yahoo.com/gma/black-mother-son-speak-being-denied-baltimore-restaurant-123740932--abc-news-topstories.html
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-24-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Lol more like right place right time.

I am not a police and donít have access to that information but once again itís logical. Do you know how favoritisms works? Itís like you going to China and get in a fight with a local. Who do you think is most likely to be locked up? You know why we have a discrimination law? Because people discriminate and they do stuff like this https://www.yahoo.com/gma/black-moth...opstories.html
    Which comes to my original point about lack of respect and that some people don't view different people as equal citizens.

How do you think you can solve such a problem?

Which comes to my original point about lack of respect and that some people don't view different people as equal citizens.
    How do you think you can solve such a problem?
    Govern bodies need to make sure laws are up held. unlike China America is multicultural. Putting your hand on a bible becoming more and more outdated with each year that passes. Need real punishment.

If kids have the mental capacity to coexist I see no reason why adults canít. You donít have to like each other just respect each other and obey the rules and laws
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-24-2020 at 04:01 PM.

no other group sing of Killing and beating their own people and calling the women the b word and play a role in the erosion of the family. That falls in line of selling out you and your people. That is the height of ignorance while being exploited. No other group would allow that kind of silliness to go on no matter how poor. You just cannot built a functional community off that So by no mean I am saying all innocent. They are Also playing a hand in their problems. You just canít fix one without fixing the other. Itís like trying to paint your house when itís raining.

It does play a hand in police. Would be lying if I told you it didnít.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-24-2020 at 04:17 PM.

What is the reasoning for police being more present in the poorer urban areas?
    I don't believe that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't believe that is true.
    The slums are not policed heavy. No one wants to work the hood and curbing crimes in the hood is not on the to do list.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-24-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast