Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 874
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    The world divided. Of course it is.

    It is divided into societies. Another term for this is a community. This has its origin from the Greek word for society, which basically can be defined as a group of common people. You can easily check that it shares the same root, and therefore underlying meaning, as the word common.

    You cannot have communities and societies without people having core things at common. Race is one of those important aspects.

    If you think race wasn't an issue then why didn't the American settlers just coexist merrily with the natives? Why did the natives become hostile against the settlers? Were they being racist as well?

    You say it's propaganda as if it's some kind of conspiracy, I just say this is how humans are. It feels simple to me.

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,028
    Its not conspiracy its evil.

    They did not coexist merrily because that was not the goal.

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Its not conspiracy its evil.

    They did not coexist merrily because that was not the goal.
    Is it the goal now? What kind of % of the population would not share the view that this is the current goal?

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,028
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Is it the goal now? What kind of % of the population would not share the view that this is the current goal?
    no its not the goal now. Propaganda is still running wild. .

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    no its not the goal now. Propaganda is still running wild. .
    Then what is the goal?

    Who sets it and who implements it?

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,028
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Then what is the goal?

    Who sets it and who implements it?
    the goal is to control

    the ones in control

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,776
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    The world divided. Of course it is.

    It is divided into societies. Another term for this is a community. This has its origin from the Greek word for society, which basically can be defined as a group of common people. You can easily check that it shares the same root, and therefore underlying meaning, as the word common.

    You cannot have communities and societies without people having core things at common. Race is one of those important aspects.

    If you think race wasn't an issue then why didn't the American settlers just coexist merrily with the natives? Why did the natives become hostile against the settlers? Were they being racist as well?

    You say it's propaganda as if it's some kind of conspiracy, I just say this is how humans are. It feels simple to me.
    Are you trying to convince us that you are a racist?

    The common part of communities is shared goals, needs, and skills far more than race.

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,776
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    the goal is to control

    the ones in control
    Indeed. And part of that control mechanism is keeping the public divided and getting us to argue about things that DON'T really matter in dividing us (abortion, guns, equality, environment) while they quietly keep taking what they want.

    And when I say they don't really matter what I mean is that the vast majority of people in the US already agree on those issues. The vast majority agree that there are times abortion is needed and there are times when it should not be done. The vast majority agree guns are not going to be completely removed and the real issue is cultural not guns. The vast majority agree that equality is fundamental and a core belief, for gender, race, sexual preference, everything ... we want equality. The vast majority agree that the environment is a critical resource to protect. But as long as we keep arguing about this stuff they keep doing things like passing bills that give HUGE money to their friends, the corporations, colleges, banks, the military, the police, the rich, and also passing bills that help them monitor the public to maintain that control (patriot act etc.).

  9. #744
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Are you trying to convince us that you are a racist?

    The common part of communities is shared goals, needs, and skills far more than race.
    Are you saying that race does not play a part in community structures?

    Are you suggesting that a homogenous society that suddenly has to accomodate people who are different, even if it is as superficially as skin colour, it'll just be done instantly just because they have shared goals, needs and skills?

    Are you trying to convince us that you are a Marxist?

  10. #745
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    34,776
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Are you saying that race does not play a part in community structures?

    Are you suggesting that a homogenous society that suddenly has to accomodate people who are different, even if it is as superficially as skin colour, it'll just be done instantly just because they have shared goals, needs and skills?

    Are you trying to convince us that you are a Marxist?
    No, but you keep implying that race is a (if not the) main factor driving division and that it's fundamental to humanity. History and experience matters a whole lot more in how people will respond. If a society had a long history of being homogeneously mixed race they would not struggle dealing with race differences. We struggle with racism primarily because we keep emphasizing it and we have laws and systems that keep us apart ... it's not humanity it's *******s in charge who say they are trying to help while actually hurting.

  11. #746
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No, but you keep implying that race is a (if not the) main factor driving division and that it's fundamental to humanity. History and experience matters a whole lot more in how people will respond. If a society had a long history of being homogeneously mixed race they would not struggle dealing with race differences. We struggle with racism primarily because we keep emphasizing it and we have laws and systems that keep us apart ... it's not humanity it's *******s in charge who say they are trying to help while actually hurting.
    It's human history and human behavior.

    Everything out there points to this being a divisive factor. Why challenge this?

    The idea is that we should promote that it does not matter and find 'cures' to this behavior. When you want to cure something, you first need to figure out what the problem is. If you keep ignoring that this is part of human nature then you won't be able to figure out the ways to eradicate it from society.

    I didn't say it's the main factor of division, I said it's an important one when it comes to the USA. It's not an important factor in Korea for example. Because they don't have this. They don't have many foreigners, let alone ones that look completely different than the norm.

    And by definition there's no such thing as a homongeneously mixed race.

    If such societies are possible, then why is India so segregated? They are essentially this, a 'super' nation made up of mini nations. They don't speak the same language, they don't classify themselves as part of the same race, even if they are very similar, they still have this caste system, they don't let people from other states live and work in their state, they don't all speak the same language, have different religions(which are classified more like philosophies than what a follower of an Abrahamic religion may call a religion) etc. And India is not just a new modern concept like the USA is, they're one of the most ancient peoples that we are aware of, with an important civilization.

    Italy also has similar issues. A nation made up by several historic states that developed in the medieval times and half of them don't like the other half (north-south division) and they are united against their hatred for the city of Rome. These guys do speak the language, share the same religion and specific following (Catholics) and are part of the same race. They still have their own divisions due to history.

    Germany is similar but you don't hear a lot about it. Also a nation that was made up of several states, there's Austria which was left out for various reasons, and they don't like each other. The division is both culutral and religious. Protestants vs Catholics. The Bavarians for example find more in common with Austrians who hold a different citizenship than with the people of the Saxonies. Still part of the same race.

    The race issue is not unique to the USA, but it's a core issue with a historical context. That's all I said. So if you want to talk about race in general, it's not that big of a deal historically. It's not a big deal in Sweden, Greece, Egypt, Spain, Croatia, Germany, China, Japan, Morocco, Mexico etc. But it is in France and the UK because of their colonialism, or mostly because they opened up their borders to their colonial subjects. Prior to that the average French or Briton had no real knowledge or cared at all about this.

    In the USA it's different. I think that's quite clear. It's a nation that was essentially built on a land that was wiped out of all the natives, more European immigrants came and then the rest is relatively common knowledge. Of course race is going to matter more in the USA than in other countries. Why didn't Australia have the same issues, a country that had the exact same starting point as the USA?

  12. #747
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,028
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Are you saying that race does not play a part in community structures?

    Are you suggesting that a homogenous society that suddenly has to accomodate people who are different, even if it is as superficially as skin colour, it'll just be done instantly just because they have shared goals, needs and skills?

    Are you trying to convince us that you are a Marxist?
    If thats the case then airlines should be distroyed, Hotels, Ships, etc. People should go back to their original lands if they have problems living among other races. A white person should not live on the brown side of earth if they have issues with Brown people. A Brown person should not live on the White side of the world if they have issues with White, Asian should not live outside of Asia if they have issues etc.

    Do you think one day the world will be only Asians or Whites, or Browns? Its more Natral for Humans to interact than kill each other. What you are saying is no different than man back in the day saying a woman belongs in the kitchen.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-21-2020 at 08:16 PM.

  13. #748
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,028
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    It's human history and human behavior.

    Everything out there points to this being a divisive factor. Why challenge this?

    The idea is that we should promote that it does not matter and find 'cures' to this behavior. When you want to cure something, you first need to figure out what the problem is. If you keep ignoring that this is part of human nature then you won't be able to figure out the ways to eradicate it from society.

    I didn't say it's the main factor of division, I said it's an important one when it comes to the USA. It's not an important factor in Korea for example. Because they don't have this. They don't have many foreigners, let alone ones that look completely different than the norm.

    And by definition there's no such thing as a homongeneously mixed race.

    If such societies are possible, then why is India so segregated? They are essentially this, a 'super' nation made up of mini nations. They don't speak the same language, they don't classify themselves as part of the same race, even if they are very similar, they still have this caste system, they don't let people from other states live and work in their state, they don't all speak the same language, have different religions(which are classified more like philosophies than what a follower of an Abrahamic religion may call a religion) etc. And India is not just a new modern concept like the USA is, they're one of the most ancient peoples that we are aware of, with an important civilization.

    Italy also has similar issues. A nation made up by several historic states that developed in the medieval times and half of them don't like the other half (north-south division) and they are united against their hatred for the city of Rome. These guys do speak the language, share the same religion and specific following (Catholics) and are part of the same race. They still have their own divisions due to history.

    Germany is similar but you don't hear a lot about it. Also a nation that was made up of several states, there's Austria which was left out for various reasons, and they don't like each other. The division is both culutral and religious. Protestants vs Catholics. The Bavarians for example find more in common with Austrians who hold a different citizenship than with the people of the Saxonies. Still part of the same race.

    The race issue is not unique to the USA, but it's a core issue with a historical context. That's all I said. So if you want to talk about race in general, it's not that big of a deal historically. It's not a big deal in Sweden, Greece, Egypt, Spain, Croatia, Germany, China, Japan, Morocco, Mexico etc. But it is in France and the UK because of their colonialism, or mostly because they opened up their borders to their colonial subjects. Prior to that the average French or Briton had no real knowledge or cared at all about this.

    In the USA it's different. I think that's quite clear. It's a nation that was essentially built on a land that was wiped out of all the natives, more European immigrants came and then the rest is relatively common knowledge. Of course race is going to matter more in the USA than in other countries. Why didn't Australia have the same issues, a country that had the exact same starting point as the USA?
    India is a melting pot of races. It is an ethnological museum. The ancestors of the majority of present population have migrated to India from surrounding territories across the Himalayas. Indian population is constituted of major races of the world. We find people of different races in India. India is a unique country with great diversity in ethnicities, race, religion, language, culture, cuisine and in every other aspect of the human society. Indian civilization is one of the oldest in the world and primarily consists of the Into-Aryans of North India and the Dravidians of South India, the latter being the original inhabitants of the country, with links to the people of the Indus Valley Civilization while the former migrated to the country at about 1800 BCE. As India has such a diverse cultural demographic, it makes sense that the country is also incredibly linguistically diverse.

    Its like anything else you get out what you put in. If you teach preach and practice hate your going to hate.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-21-2020 at 11:08 PM.

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    13,919
    But the issue is that India would qualify as a dysfunctional to even racist society. From outside it seems like you're painting a beautiful picture.
    The same way an Indian could claim that the USA is such a diverse place where everyone is happy because it's the so called land of the free and land of opportunity.

  15. #750
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    19,028
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    But the issue is that India would qualify as a dysfunctional to even racist society. From outside it seems like you're painting a beautiful picture.
    The same way an Indian could claim that the USA is such a diverse place where everyone is happy because it's the so called land of the free and land of opportunity.
    Did the British went to India to start Wars. Why is it Indians bleach? They never going to be white why are they bleaching why dont they love themselves.

Page 50 of 59 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •