Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    I have seen darker Indians and Mexicans than some black people. If a Mexican or Indian is racist towards Black people they are being racist towards themselves.

America is to be a model country. It should be a place you can travel freely, have low crime rate, top schools, Top education, top healthcare for all. A place with a growing poverty And crime rate is going back in time. America is not a third world country and I wish people would stop trying to take the country there.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-09-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    America is to be a model country. It should be a place you can travel freely, have low crime rate, top schools, Top education, top healthcare for all. A place with a growing poverty And crime rate is going back in time. America is not a third world country and I wish people would stop trying to take the country there.
    It is there as far as upward mobility goes iirc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Last edited by Bostonjorge; 06-10-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Theres only one United States, how can another country be compared demographically? You mean in terms of size maybe?

The history of any country is unique to that country. For example how would you compare Japan to say Canada? Or any two countries for that matter. You cant.

Culture is shaped by the diversity of the people that cohabitate a certain region. Its forever evolving and changing too. If I had to compare I would say that Canada is the most similar to the United Stated culturally.
    I'm not asking you to find me a carbon copy of the USA. I'm asking how many nations are there with the same footprint as the USA.

Really, there is just one other example that falls slightly short (lack of significant population with Asian background). That would be Brazil.

Canada is also similar. As is Australia. But without some of the complexities of the USA historically.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    That the question I am asking you. Oh do you think the world started 2000 years ago.
    Dude, I'm Greek. As far as I'm concerned, the world ended 2000 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    Dude, I'm Greek. As far as I'm concerned, the world ended 2000 years ago.
    lol had be straight dying

Quote Originally Posted by Venomveins View Post
    As a Mexican, i have one question for ALL the races:

Why is it ok and accepted for Black people to be blatantly racist towards white people?

BTW, the racism towards blacks and whites in mexico is 1000 times worse than America could ever be. Everyone here has it GOOD. I mean that.

If BLM/Antifa tried to Ďprotestí in Mexico, they would ALL be beaten/shot mercilessly without 2 ****s given. No joke.
    Itís a good thing we donít live in Mexico then huh. Just because racism is worse in other parts of the world doesnít make it right here in America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not asking you to find me a carbon copy of the USA. I'm asking how many nations are there with the same footprint as the USA.

Really, there is just one other example that falls slightly short (lack of significant population with Asian background). That would be Brazil.

Canada is also similar. As is Australia. But without some of the complexities of the USA historically.
    Understood. I sure as hell hope we dont end up like Brazil but I get your point.

Understood. I sure as hell hope we dont end up like Brazil but I get your point.
    In what sense?

Racism exists everywhere. It's a side effect of human evolution. But hating on another person or people due to racial difference is a colonial byproduct. Racism with a bad connotation is relatively new, as racism is pretty much documented from ancient times but that never stopped people from coexisting or trading with each other in peace.

Brazil has these issues but maybe not as significant or not as...popular as the US ones.

In what sense?

Racism exists everywhere. It's a side effect of human evolution. But hating on another person or people due to racial difference is a colonial byproduct. Racism with a bad connotation is relatively new, as racism is pretty much documented from ancient times but that never stopped people from coexisting or trading with each other in peace.

Brazil has these issues but maybe not as significant or not as...popular as the US ones.
    From the stand point that Brazil is certainly not a place you would want to live in.

Yes racism has always existed. But for a place with democracy like the United States there are definatley things that need to change. This country has a high population of african american people and their history in this country is horrid. They are made to feel like minorities when their auntsestors have been here pretty much as long as the european settlers. Why is that?

From the stand point that Brazil is certainly not a place you would want to live in.

Yes racism has always existed. But for a place with democracy like the United States there are definatley things that need to change. This country has a high population of african american people and their history in this country is horrid. They are made to feel like minorities when their auntsestors have been here pretty much as long as the european settlers. Why is that?
    Thats such an empty statement. Its so big and vague, its hard to have a productive conversation about it. It could literally mean a thousand different things depending on who you ask. I realize those type of statements sound noble, but nobody ever actually unpacks them. You would need to point to a specific law or regulation that exists that you would like to see changed.... rather than say everyone should feel like they are treated equal. Inequality does not always mean injustice, and every instance of inequality should not be immediately attributed to "Society is racist"

Initially I'll just apologize in advance for the depth that I may go here. I'm saying this as an outside observer who has studied a lot of folklore, history and that kind of subjects. But I understand it is very sensitive for several people.

Well, here is the historical context kicking in.

The European settlers came to what is now the USA, did what they did and then..imported Africans like commodity. They didn't invite them into their country, they bought them as disgusting as it sounds.

Everyone else pretty much came to the USA as part of an invitation to migrate. I personally think that this is why the blacks of the USA still are the ones suffering from racism the most. The Hispanics are actually more than the African Americans so you would expect that to be more prevalent. But there are other sensitivities there. This subconsciously hits at the core of people.

In Europe we grew up unaware of all these things with a few exceptions in England and France. Until the mid 2000s at least, you could distinguish a person's nationality from his face. Today, not so much, there are too many minorities that were born and rased from the late 80s and on in some big European countries. But still, there's a typical German face, typical Italian, typical Russian etc. The classic "you don't look French/Polish/Greek etc".

At the same time, we recognized the USA as a bastion of multiculturalism, where everyone coexisted happily with each other. As years progressed and the internet and social media made everything flow faster, these racial outbreaks have alarmed people over here and it started to burst bubbles. Something that has also triggered "racists" in Europe to speak up against this turns of events with population shifting. So this is why we have so much far right and people opposed to this. For a significant part of the people this is unnatural for a nation. The calmer voices claim that Europe is not mature yet for this and that the USA also had these early issues, but as times goes by I think more and more people see that this is not feasible by human nature. There's always going to be racism.

Democracy or not, it doesn't mean much. It's a matter of respect. Racism is there, it's natural and a part of human evolution through our tribalism. But respect is not. Societies need to learn how to respect and also earn it. That's what makes them function. The founding fathers were democratic, but they still segregated people from citizens and non citizens.

India for example is one of those unknown multicultural countries. They have separated each other in their own state basically. You're not even allowed to live and work in a different state unless you get a special permit. Imagine not being allowed to move freely to Nevada, Pennsylvania or Florida as an American. India is also a democracy. The main difference is that they are all Indians, even if they aren't ethnically and linguistically the same.

I'm gonna go generalizing and with stereotypes here so excuse this part if you feel that it doesn't relate to you.
    The problem I see in the USA is that it's a hardcore subject. Genuinely hardcore. The Europeans seem to feel that the country belongs to them. The Africans feel like they are still not welcome and are regarded as second rate citizens. The Hispanics feel ostracized, at least those not identifying as white. The Asians feel irrelevant. It all feels dysfunctional and that is what needs to be addressed. It does not feel like everyone is o board with the fact that the USA belongs to all of the people that live there. There is too much historical baggage.

Now imagine that the States were split equally in terms of population. The Hispanics are entitled to 8-9 states out of 50. The Africans are entitled to 6-7 states out of 50.

These guys are the minorities everywhere now. A large enough minority to be important, but not large enough to not be ignored all the time.
    Maybe Hispanics being a majority in California and New Mexico helps them somehow?

Do you think it'd be a more fair distribution to have states where the minorities are the vast majority? This is pretty much what the UN wants to push if you follow news on Bosnia, Cyprus etc. Because this is what they feel is what works.
    But the problem here is that this means you acknowledge that all Americans aren't just Americans and they cannot live together if they aren't of the same ethnicity. I've met several people who will condemn this and feel that everyone is an American. But the behavior of the government and lots of people is that there are too many differences. It is borderline offensive to support this, yet the UN wants to split people who are different, while the EU now supports bringing diverse people together. It's not an easy task. I actually believe that the USA does a lot better job in tackling racial issues than it is getting credit for. The problem still lies with the people I'd say.

And it's a matter of respect. And there's too much lack of it. From all parties.

Now you've said you wouldn't want to live in Brazil. I will agree probably. But I'd also say that I wouldn't want to be a foreign minority somewhere. It feels awkward and I've done it for roughly 10 years, being a foreigner somewhere. Sometimes getting stares, being ridiculed for my weird name, for having an accent at times, being told to **** off back to Spain (which is always funny being confused for a Spaniard to me, but not really a haha moment at the time of the event) and other every day stuff.

But what I'd hate to be a minority in a country that's supposed to be my own. And I guess this is how minorities in the USA feel. It makes you feel like a foreigner in your own country. Unwelcome by some, hated by others. I'd pass. But the reality is that there are millions that do not have this option to pass but get to live to in this situation and it's ugly. I believe that personally I'd feel like a second rate citizen. I'd strive to prove everyone wrong, but I'd need a lot of luck to achieve it.

As for the core subject of recent, I do believe that the police is more trigger happy against African Americans, but I don't feel I'm in a position to talk on whether that is warranted or not.
    But I view it more of a police issue than a race issue.

I get that there is a big discussion of each side reacts, what problems exist and all that. Fair points most of them, but it is important to get over the historical contextual obstacle. People ignore all that. And it goes both ways.

What I think it's ironic that there probably are more African Americans with longer direct lineage to the continent than White Americans. There is a disproportionate amount of European settlers that came to the USA in the 19th century that helped grow the population by a lot. The African American population was 20% for a long period of time and dropped to 12% at the turn of the century despite African Americans breeding more children. So it is a big irony that this minority has more of a claim on the US territory than those who now form the majority.

Anyway, I know that maybe some people will see this viewpoint as some sort of alien opinion, but I hope some may at least appreciate the input of someone from the outside.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 06-11-2020 at 03:55 PM.

https://youtu.be/Arsx6i08xWc

Heís a all lives matter

Apparently that is old footage. And I think we could all imagine that if the driver was African American or Hispanic, it wouldn't be a scene reminiscent of a comedy flick but something much more aggressive.
    But the cops are equally *******s to the minimum level towards everyone with no exceptions.

What to think of the no more pepper spray situation? Hmm...

Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast