Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 874
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,528
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    Again did I say you were? Lol.
    It was a Statement I made in the beginning I never asked ďwhy donít they do that?Ē

    Itís crazy how you deflect and ignore/not pay attention to what I originally say
    Youre stuck on one topic. BLM! we discussed it all day yesterday. I have no interest in dwelling on that particular movement. I have more of an interest in getting to the route of the problem with racism. Its a much bigger discussion than this one group that youve been focusing on. Im speaking plain english here.

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I grew up in Toronto. Where they teach diversity at the elementry level. My father was racist. Id go home and listen to him spew his nonesence and id correct him based on what I learned at school. My cousins who grew up there took the same stance. Today my gf is black. My father loves her and her family. The education I recieved as a child helped change my fathers mind. Living in Toronto helped change my fathers mind. We came to houston and started our business here. Some of our best and most loyal customers are of African American back round. It helped make a difference in my family. Thats why i suggest it.
    Do you think kids today are more racist now than back then? Or do you think that might have to do with the fact that as time goes on, kids are more integrated with other races and see them simply as kids rather than a race? The racist people growing up generally also had parents who were racist so that is why I am more in favor of parents being educated so that their future generations can also be educated rather than putting the onus on schools to have to do it.

  3. #558
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You harp on BLM. The issues were talking about stem long before the existance if BLM. Im not a spokes person for BLM. Im talking about rasicm as a whole. You can continue to focus on that group i have no problem with that. Im not apart of BLM so redirect your debate toward someone else.

    When I say I hope we come out of this more united as a society Im literally referring to everyone. Call me a hypocrit doesnt bother me because I want us as a peolpe to live in harmony. Whats your goal?

    Youre talking to a white persian man about BLM. Why dont you find a BLM rep to get answers from? Its not hard to find them on twitter. Im talking about black people not one particular group movement group. Understand that
    You say you want people to live in harmony? So why was I attacked for saying the BLM is hypocritical for not spreading a tiny bit of awareness to other people of color thatís oppressed? Doesnít that mean united as a ďsocietyĒ and everyone living in harmony? When we all spread the love to EVERYONE?

    Youíre hilarious and full of hypocritical contradictions bro.


    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    You say you want people to live in harmony? So why was I attacked for saying the BLM is hypocritical for not spreading a tiny bit of awareness to other people of color thatís oppressed? Doesnít that mean united as a ďsocietyĒ and everyone living in harmony? When we all spread the love to EVERYONE?

    Youíre hilarious and full of hypocritical contradictions bro.
    I'm not a fan of BLM but I don't think that just because you are voicing the frustrations of one group means that you should be a global activist of all groups. BLM seems to be focused on the plight against blacks because that is their own personal experience. Do I expect them to understand the plight of people living in Hong Kong or the Middle East? Nope. Nor should they be expected to understand it.

  5. #560
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Youre stuck on one topic. BLM! we discussed it all day yesterday. I have no interest in dwelling on that particular movement. I have more of an interest in getting to the route of the problem with racism. Its a much bigger discussion than this one group that youve been focusing on. Im speaking plain english here.
    AGAIN YOU TURNED MY ONLY COMMENT INTO SOMETHING MORE. Thatís on YOU so when Iím pointing something out to defend my point of view you back track and pick at little things or say go ask BLM yourself yet you were the one Replying as if you were part of BLM.
    Keep deflecting and shifting focus to another issue because you have nothing to say to me. Lol


    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,528
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Actually I saw cops and blacks in Michigan and other cities marching together. I saw 6 black dudes protect a cop in a riot. Clearly you are wrong. You act cool and blacks people will also be cool. You body slam a 10 year old 70 pound black girl to the ground head first, you get treated like the B$&@$? That you are.
    Hes not talking about black ppl in general like the rest of us. He has an issue with the BLM movement... He wants them to agnowledge other peoples opression. Which i keep telling him go find them on twitter and adress them directly.

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,528
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    AGAIN YOU TURNED MY ONLY COMMENT INTO SOMETHING MORE. Thatís on YOU so when Iím pointing something out to defend my point of view you back track and pick at little things or say go ask BLM yourself yet you were the one Replying as if you were part of BLM.
    Keep deflecting and shifting focus to another issue because you have nothing to say to me. Lol
    Youve been talking about BLM all along. And Im saying all the power to you. Go do your research find their orginizers and ask them if they will support other opressed groups. Whats wrong with that?

  8. #563
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    I'm not a fan of BLM but I don't think that just because you are voicing the frustrations of one group means that you should be a global activist of all groups. BLM seems to be focused on the plight against blacks because that is their own personal experience. Do I expect them to understand the plight of people living in Hong Kong or the Middle East? Nope. Nor should they be expected to understand it.

    I 1,000 % agree with you bro. I never once said that anyone HAS to advocate for another group.
    All I originally said was I find it a bit hypocritical that other oppressed people of color have protested around the world for BLM movement
    But yet they stay silent on those oppressed allyís that have stuck with them

    That is all, and my comments were badly misunderstood.

    Again, not saying they HAVE TO
    No one HAS TO do anything

    But is it okay for me to think of them as a little hypocritical?
    Yes, thereís no right or wrong answer. Itís just an observation of mine.
    Last edited by LA_1; 06-05-2020 at 04:10 PM.


    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,528
    Looks like somones a little butt hurt because I told them they have a problem with BLM ...lmao

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    15,548
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Yes, and those who do so should be arrested and prosecuted. But do realize that police officers receive statistics as well. When they go to a neighborhood, they know the crime rate of that area. If that area is predominantly black and has a high crime rate, then they act much differently from if an area was predominantly white and has a low crime rate. In theory, they shouldn't. But police officers are humans. This is why abiding by the law and making sure you don't give them any reason to interact with you is also very important. People just need to understand that there will be racists at every level of the world. If black people are afraid of police encounters and police are afraid of black encounters, the best way to solve it is to create less of a reason to have police encounters.
    Itís no excuse for shooting someone in the back. Or choking someone out in handcuffs. Iím not talking about when bullets are flying. And these cops still get off. Thatís the problem.

  11. #566
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,528
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    I 1,000 % agree with you bro. I never once said they anyone HAS to advocate for another group.
    All I originally said was I find it a bit hypocritical that other oppressed people of color have protested around the world for BLM movement
    But yet they stay silent on those oppressed allyís that have stuck with them

    That is all, and my comments were badly misunderstood.

    Again, not saying they HAVE TO
    No one HAS TO do anything

    But is it okay for me to think of them as a little hypocritical?
    Yes, thereís no right or wrong answer. Itís just an observation of mine.
    Someone told you where to look yesterday. And that they infact do support others. You didnt care to look. And now youre all upset.

  12. #567
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Youve been talking about BLM all along. And Im saying all the power to you. Go do your research find their orginizers and ask them if they will support other opressed groups. Whats wrong with that?
    Omg? Do you have a hard time reading bro? Legit question here.
    I MADE A COMMENT not once ASKED?
    Do you see the ****ing difference between a statement/comment and a question?

    ****ing **** itís ridiculous that you continue to ignore (idk if itís purposefully or you just lack reading comprehension skills?)


    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  13. #568
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Someone told you where to look yesterday. And that they infact do support others. You didnt care to look. And now youre all upset.
    Thatís fine I didnít see someone post that? Go ahead and show me.


    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  14. #569
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    844
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Looks like somones a little butt hurt because I told them they have a problem with BLM ...lmao
    And you have a problem when it comes to other oppressed people of color...


    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  15. #570
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,118
    I wish the media showed more of the positive videos where cops and protesters are embracing and unified. I teared up watching one the other day.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •