Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    not even close. what's shallow is taking isolated incidents ignoring the larger issues plaguing the community.

I didn't say free, I said freest. big difference bud.

the source is the house hold, ask the black youth about having both parents at home, it's a true luxury, wish I had it growing up, would've made a world of a difference.

black issues? every race has issues and they have evolved over the centuries. and yes, governments have ****ed with society and that has a trinkle down effect, go fight those real issues, whitey will be with u. bad cops will always exist tho, we take the overwhelming good with it. but yeah we should make cops pay for these things with their pockets
    not trying to be funny or anything but like i said your looking at it shallow. where did it all started. You think one day a black kid said let me sag my pant, bust this gun leave my kid? That is very shallow thats the end result of a bigger problem.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-03-2020 at 11:03 PM.

I'm a minority but I identify as black. I'm bullet proof. and then the numbers back me.

question tho, is it still systemic racism if the majority, if not all of the major governing bodies of the city + the police commish are black and the cop who kills the black(or white even) civilian was black himself? who will take the blame when whitey becomes the minority in a few decades? lol

want to know what true racism is, check how whites are treated in Africa. or blacks in china from what I've heard
    I am the last person these arguments need to be sold too. Not sure if your paying attention, but I usually start these conversations. (IE- This is my thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    not trying to be funny or anything but like i said your looking at it shallow. where did it all started. You think one day a black kid said let me sag my pant, bust this gun leave my kid? that very shallow that the end result of a bigger problem.
    wish I was but you've not exposed a thing. yes, societies evolve irrespective of being granted MORE FREEDOM. I know or follow some of these old school black leaders that know it's a generational cultural difference and a fundamental lack of self awareness. you think generations continue liking the same kind of music, for example?

I mean if u want to get conspiratorial, we can talk about the Jews involvement in rap and how its degraded the music that infiltrates the minds of the youth. it still comes down to the individual

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    everything is racist unless its towards white people... black lives def matter and white people are privileged no doubt and everything should be equal but making every single thing be about racism is a major issue... i am a white guy that has lived in a city my entire life that around me has been primarily black/asian and spanish so maybe i am just use to how things are to a point i guess. There will always be racism but everything should not be about racism

there has not been one mention of the asian cops by the way that was part of the 4 being asian but everything about how white guys killed a black man.
    Sadly, context doesn't matter. If a cop is White and he unjustly kills someone not White, chances are people will lump it as racism being the motive. It's not about how cops aren't trained properly, or some cops wanting to flex their power... it will automatically be racism regardless of the context.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

not reading through this **** but I used to say this back in 2016. it really triggers people and effectively neuters their thinking processes. I stopped saying it and go with blue lives matter now. it at least leaves the door open for a conversation about how violent BLM can be.

good luck finding proof of systemic racism tho. cops know the job, if ur in a neighborhood where poc dominate the criminality, it would be foolish to ignore identifying markers ie race, height, weight. that's not racism, that's called discernment.

long story short, there is no white privilege, blacks aren't being hunted down, this is the freest country in the world, racism is the least of our worries but at the forefront of society ever since obummer.

cops literally save lives, more black people die of diarrhea annually than being killed unarmed. the black community needs to start caring for each other before pointing fingers at ol whitey.
    are you white? you cant have this opinion if you are white.

not even close. what's shallow is taking isolated incidents ignoring the larger issues plaguing the community.

I didn't say free, I said freest. big difference bud.

the source is the house hold, ask the black youth about having both parents at home, it's a true luxury, wish I had it growing up, would've made a world of a difference.

black issues? every race has issues and they have evolved over the centuries. and yes, governments have ****ed with society and that has a trinkle down effect, go fight those real issues, whitey will be with u. bad cops will always exist tho, we take the overwhelming good with it. but yeah we should make cops pay for these things with their pockets
    You're absolutely right... the BLM movement only speaking when a White cop unjustly kills a Black man gives the illusion that they are for helping the Black community long-term. If they really want to help, they will continue/add on to their platform, which includes personal responsibility. It's easy to use George Floyd as an example, lets mourn his death and move forward on ALL the ways we can help the entire Black community, not just one narrow scope.

This is met with resistance and it's really quite sad.

San Antonio Spurs

wish I was but you've not exposed a thing. yes, societies evolve irrespective of being granted MORE FREEDOM. I know or follow some of these old school black leaders that know it's a generational culItural difference and a fundamental lack of self awareness. you think generations continue liking the same kind of music, for example?

I mean if u want to get conspiratorial, we can talk about the Jews involvement in rap and how its degraded the music that infiltrates the minds of the youth. it still comes down to the individual
    Weeds grow natural to keep them from growing you control them. Any group of people will grow and evolve unless being controlled. If banks give you higher rates, deny loans, Jobs discriminate, deny funding at schools, Police stations, mental health, low wage, dad got killed, a system that traps you etc it have a effect on the community in which the kid grows at what point will it spill over. Sure it comes down to each person but at what age you become aware. your acting like it dont have several successful black people or whole black families. Like i said black people get exploit. You wont here about the doctor, Professor, Dentist, etc but you will have lots of footage of knuckle heads like Lilwayne, Kodakblack etc.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-03-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    You're absolutely right... the BLM movement only speaking when a White cop unjustly kills a Black man gives the illusion that they are for helping the Black community long-term. If they really want to help, they will continue/add on to their platform, which includes personal responsibility. It's easy to use George Floyd as an example, lets mourn his death and move forward on ALL the ways we can help the entire Black community, not just one narrow scope.

This is met with resistance and it's really quite sad.
    Do they know the name of the retired black police officer who was killed by looters in st louis? Do they know the name of the Black contracted federal agent who was killed in oakland by violent protesters? Do their lives matter?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/09/u...o-arizona.html

Please watch this video and answer a few questions (everyone):

1.) If the cop was still White but the poor boy was Black, would this have been headline news for weeks?
    2.) Does the cop hate White people or is this an example of cops abusing their power and not being properly trained?
    3.) If you don't think the murder of the poor guy had anything to do with race and everything to do with cops abusing their power/not being properly trained, why do we automatically assume racism being the reasoning in George Floyd's murder?
    Last edited by Redrum187; 06-03-2020 at 11:44 PM.

San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Do they know the name of the retired black police officer who was killed by looters in st louis? Do they know the name of the Black contracted federal agent who was killed in oakland by violent protesters? Do their lives matter?
    Again your painting a brush. BLM is for Police brutality. You dont ask you Dentist to cut your grass right? If you pay taxes do you want the cops shooting you for a broken tail light because he was racist? no At the same token those cops need to be going after criminals not petty stuff like you forgot to turn your signal light on. The people committing crimes is in the same boat with a cop committing a crime no different. BLM is to bring Police injustice to light systemic racism towards black people. Not to fix all black people problems.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-03-2020 at 11:47 PM.

1.) If the cop was still White but the poor boy was Black, would this have been headline news for weeks?
    2.) Does the cop hate White people or is this an example of cops abusing their power and not being properly trained?
    3.) If you don't think the murder of the poor guy had anything to do with race and everything to do with cops abusing their power/not being properly trained, why do we automatically assume racism being the reasoning in George Floyd's murder?
    1. I dunno, I have seen this one multiple times before so I think it made the news itself and will check.
    2. If I had to guess it is the latter which is also something BLM is against in general
    3. Due to the systematic racism in our country and the gross nature. I would admit we don't know 100% racist intent but we almost never know anyone 100% intent. People will continue to see racism when it is part of the systematic injustice and keeps happening.

Also in looking it up I found this:
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...izona-shooting
    It was highlighted by BLM actually as well when the video came out of the incident

The Black Lives Matter movement has fought to bring attention to cases of unarmed African-Americans who have been killed by police officers, and to advocate for law enforcement reforms that would reduce police killings. Black men are nearly three times as likely to be killed by an officer than white men. In addition to drawing attention to this serious issue, the movement has argued that police reforms would keep all Americans safer from police violence.

Through their platform Campaign Zero, released in 2015, Black Lives Matter has urged comprehensive reforms including the establishment of disciplinary police commissions and civilian complaint offices, strengthening of use of force policies, and investment in rigorous and sustained training for police officers on engaging with the public.

"If you're horrified by Daniel Shaver’s untimely death, yet against Black Lives Matter, consider that Shaver might well be alive if only the Mesa police department had long ago adopted reforms of the sort that Black Lives Matter suggests," he wrote.

Meanwhile, others on social media noted that groups which might be expected to jump to Daniel Shaver's defense—the NRA, which supports Arizona's open-carry laws that allowed Shaver to have a firearm and the "All Lives Matter" movement which ostensibly hopes to draw attention to the killings of white Americans—have been silent about Shaver's death.

Also BLM was all over the Philando Castile case here (officer was not convicted) and the officer was not a white man (hispanic I believe).

However we had an officer kill a white woman in MN and that black officer was convicted.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...amond-shooting

I am not sure where some are getting their narrative but many activists are out there for a lot of these things happening when it is violence from cops in general. This isn't just a white person thing?

long story short, there is no white privilege,
    Do you really believe there’s no such thing as white privilege?

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    gotta love stupid ignorance. No point in continuing
    Yup. What a stupid *** response that was.

Nothing racist about it at all. Everyone knows racism against whites doesn't exist. Don't be silly.

Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast