Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Last edited by Redrum187; 06-02-2020 at 11:20 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    You mean exactly what you did by trying to change the subject?
    What subject did i try to change? point it out i will wait. If i respond to someone that is not changing the subject.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-02-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Definitely not treated equal in a lot of ways. Some not so great, some kind of good. For example- if a black person is caught saying something racially offensive about white people on their social media.... they are far less likely to get backlash (as long as it isnt a direct threat). But you dont see black people losing their jobs, or having their lives threatened for making an inappropriate joke about other races.... like you do whites.
    That could have to do with the centuries of unabated racism black people and other minorities have had to deal with (without repercussion mind you) from whites. At the end of the day its not close to an equal playing field.

Let's also not forget that people of color are at a distinct disadvantage in terms of where their ceilings are professionally just based on the color of their skin. Racism still exists on a multitude of levels, some blatant and some unsaid.

When you say "what about..." you're trying to change the subject. The protests are not about a black man dying. They're about a system that by default treats black men as violent criminals. All you have to do to understand this is to see what kind of things BLM is asking for: police accountability, de-escalation training, etc.

It's baffling that anyone is against training police officers to only kill people as a last resort.
    Theyíre perceived that way because of how they act in the inner cities. Yes We need more police training but we need to find a way to end poverty and allow black people the same opportunities as everyone else..

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Theyíre perceived that way because of how they act in the inner cities. Yes We need more police training but we need to find a way to end poverty and allow black people the same opportunities as everyone else..
    This is true i do agree. One cannot be fixed without the other. If you fix one and dont fix the next you will be right back to where you start.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    They typically wont make a big deal about it unless its clear that a white person is the bad guy. They will never ever ever ever protest a black man killed by another black man. If this cop were black- im not sure we would have even heard about this incident in MN.
    Of course not. It would prove that idiot cops will flex on anyone, regardless of color.

I want to know which piece of legislation the BLM movement think is racist. We should have a discussion about this. The biggest issue I see is cops abusing their power on everyone (regardless of color) and the justice system prejudices. A judge giving a Black man more time for the same crime a White person did is not "legislation", but it is 100% a problem. It's human nature for people to be sympathetic towards people similar to them. We need a discussion on how to fix this, be it by appointing judges of demographics that reflect the areas they serve in or making all crimes a one-size-fits-all penalty. I'm not saying I advocate either of those fixes, but I wouldn't mind a conversation about it.

Bloomberg and his "stop and frisk" is 100% unconstitutional. They justified it by saying "it worked". He's a joke.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

So like, Harvard professors?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henr...st_controversy

Are you saying that it's acceptable to treat an entire group based on how some of those members act? Is that not the definition of racism? Pre-judging someone based on their race? Should all white people be treated as clansmen? Or hell's angels? Of course not. But that's how black people are pre-judged.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    What subject did i try to change? point it out i will wait. If i respond to someone that is not changing the subject.
    Sorry I was sleep deprived last night and misunderstood what you said

Are you saying that it's acceptable to treat an entire group based on how some of those members act? Is that not the definition of racism? Pre-judging someone based on their race? Should all white people be treated as clansmen? Or hell's angels? Of course not. But that's how black people are pre-judged.
    Please show me where I said thatís acceptable.... Iím not judging anyone. I see it on a daily basis. Young children who donít have a father in their lives while living in poverty.. Itís heartbreaking and we as a country donít do anything about it.

Please show me where I said thatís acceptable.... Iím not judging anyone. I see it on a daily basis. Young children who donít have a father in their lives while living in poverty.. Itís heartbreaking and we as a country donít do anything about it.
    That's why I asked. "Theyíre perceived that way because of how they act in the inner cities."

Itís funny how you say ďare you saying itís acceptable to judge a entire group based on how they actĒ
    When blacks do the same exact thing with cops.
    Everyone sitting there saying ď**** pigs, **** 12, **** em allĒ entirely doing the same thing and judging a whole group based on what a small bad percentage acts.

Itís so funny when someone says ď**** all copsĒ I guarantee the same people that say stupid **** like that, are gonna be the same ones running to their help when theyíre in a bad situation.
    ****ing hypocrites.
    Iím a millennial, and My generation are a bunch hypocritical *******. Social media social justice warriors

"The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    No. Black lives matter is about black lives NOT mattering.

All lives matter is a direct belittlement of the issues, oppression, brutality that blacks experience disproportionately.

Its common sense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    wait, what?
    I'm fully aware of what BLM means...and I'd also agree that inserting All Lives Matter into the middle of this situation isn't smart

...but how is it a direct belittlement of black issues? To me, when I hear All Lives Matter it's less about including whites and more about including Latinos, Asians, etc...who've had their OWN similar race issues now and historically. If there is going to be a major push to work towards change, it has to include ALL of it.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I mean, all lives do matter. But in the United States, black lives have never mattered as much as others, hence the BLM movement. To contradict it is just being a stubborn, denying idiot in this period of time. Anyone who doesn't truly understand systematic racism has suppressed the opportunities and well being of the black man/woman in this country for eternity, is living in a bubble of b.s.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    Itís funny how you say ďare you saying itís acceptable to judge a entire group based on how they actĒ
    When blacks do the same exact thing with cops.
    Everyone sitting there saying ď**** pigs, **** 12, **** em allĒ entirely doing the same thing and judging a whole group based on what a small bad percentage acts.

Itís so funny when someone says ď**** all copsĒ I guarantee the same people that say stupid **** like that, are gonna be the same ones running to their help when theyíre in a bad situation.
    ****ing hypocrites.
    Iím a millennial, and My generation are a bunch hypocritical *******. Social media social justice warriors
    What came first chicken or the egg? Why did black people call cops pigs? That should not be to hard to figure out. It was not a 1 bad cop thing. Even at that did they punish that bad cop? Thatís not even a debate man. Iíll let you think about for a minute.

Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast