Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 874
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Oh I know .. Theres alot of misseducation. Its brutal. Thats why so many Americans dont even know anything outside of their state. Even what they are taught within their state historically is incorrect.

    Education goes a long way. I think if we did create a diversity class for children it could make a difference in the long term but I also know that the education system is not going to teach accurate hisotry either. Thats a whole other challenge in its own.
    You don't need a school to teach you that. There are unbiased sources, data, and information online for people to view. This isn't the 1990's where books and curriculum are only available based on what you are given. People today have access to information that a school would never be able to replicate. The only reason people still should go to school is to get that diploma and create connections with employers and friends. But most of what people will educate themselves throughout their lives moving forward won't have much to do with school but what they learn from the internet.

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,122
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If you guys cant see what lead up to the conditions today, what caused it, whats at the route... Then you must genuinely beleive that black people are just bad by nature. Lazy, dumb and make excuses. So what scientifically makes only black people this way? Ill wait
    Still waiting oceanspray...

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,359
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    1) I don't believe the overwhelming majority of whites are racist.
    2) I believe the overwhelming majority of blacks are focusing on the wrong issues.
    We're on a spectrum. You're a bit further on the other side of the spectrum than I am. That's fine.

    Having grown up around black people and been with them my entire life, I think I probably see more focus on our own issues than you do. I see them fighting against gang violence, encouraging education, and making efforts to push our youth in the right direction. None of it involves blaming whites or racism.

    I believe I see more of that than you do, which is why you are further down on that spectrum. It DOES exist pretty strongly, regardless of the level of exposure that you've gotten. Does this make sense?

    3) No, I didn't dismiss context. I know whites have a higher population. It just isn't applicable here. Not everything needs to be contextualized. Nevermind the fact that the narrative by the media and others mentioning racism never mentions black on white murders being double of white on black murders but why do you dismiss that more whites = more potential for racist whites = more of them to kill blacks? Instead, you play the narrative with the 'context' your way and simply state that more whites = more victims for blacks to kill. Oops, I generalized. Sorry, I meant to say a higher population of white people = more victims for SOME blacks to kill. Does that work for you? Because I noticed that you chose not to do that and generalized blacks and whites as well. Irrespective of all of this, ultimately I chose not to mention it because I don't believe race plays a factor in these deaths. But it's funny how no one ever mentions these statistics but as soon as a white person kills a black person, it's all over the news. That was my only reasoning as to why I mentioned it.
    You absolutely dismissed it, my man. You basically said "whatever, 500 whites vs 250 - that's fact". You dismissed a contextual factor. Should I go back and quote it?

    And it absolutely is applicable. That's why I gave the example that I did - Cedi Osman scored more points. Now if I withhold the fact that Cedi Osman played more games, then it becomes a meaningless statement. Number of games from Cedi vs. KD, number of white people vs. black people.. it's abso-****inglutely applicable.

    As far as the media goes - yes, the media is going to showcase whatever gets them more clicks. It's unfortunate, because it shouldn't be that way.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  4. #544
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,122
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    You don't need a school to teach you that. There are unbiased sources, data, and information online for people to view. This isn't the 1990's where books and curriculum are only available based on what you are given. People today have access to information that a school would never be able to replicate. The only reason people still should go to school is to get that diploma and create connections with employers and friends. But most of what people will educate themselves throughout their lives moving forward won't have much to do with school but what they learn from the internet.
    My suggestion was to have a diversity courses for children at the elementary level. Kids dont go online searching this stuff on their own.

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    What about the guy who thinks all Asians are Chinese. It donít make him right just ignorant on the mater and base on his perception he think heís right. Thing is things are not always what they seem.

    We all have roughly the same image of what an alien may look like yet we never seen one. How did we all got the image?
    I don't know what you're pushing at. It's tricky with Asians but it's the same with whites in some sense. If you see a white person in the street, do you start categorizing them based on whether they are Italian, Greek, Polish? It's the same as Asians. Chinese just seems to be the biggest subset of that group and you'd be surprised how many people think Asia is just China, Japan, and North Korea or some b/s like that. I still don't get what you're pushing for here. There's still a lot about the Asian culture people don't understand because whites dominate America by population and so their cultures are more easily identifiable whereas Asia is still a fairly new concept compared to Europe.

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,359
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    You don't need a school to teach you that. There are unbiased sources, data, and information online for people to view. This isn't the 1990's where books and curriculum are only available based on what you are given. People today have access to information that a school would never be able to replicate. The only reason people still should go to school is to get that diploma and create connections with employers and friends. But most of what people will educate themselves throughout their lives moving forward won't have much to do with school but what they learn from the internet.
    Humans are very easy to mold when they're young. They're often not interested in these kind of topics until they're adults, at which point they're stubborn and harder to educate.

    Are you against more expansive diversity teachings through school? What's your solution other than simply condemning people?
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  7. #547
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    We're on a spectrum. You're a bit further on the other side of the spectrum than I am. That's fine.

    Having grown up around black people and been with them my entire life, I think I probably see more focus on our own issues than you do. I see them fighting against gang violence, encouraging education, and making efforts to push our youth in the right direction. None of it involves blaming whites or racism.

    I believe I see more of that than you do, which is why you are further down on that spectrum. It DOES exist pretty strongly, regardless of the level of exposure that you've gotten. Does this make sense?



    You absolutely dismissed it, my man. You basically said "whatever, 500 whites vs 250 - that's fact". You dismissed a contextual factor. Should I go back and quote it?

    And it absolutely is applicable. That's why I gave the example that I did - Cedi Osman scored more points. Now if I withhold the fact that Cedi Osman played more games, then it becomes a meaningless statement. Number of games from Cedi vs. KD, number of white people vs. black people.. it's abso-****inglutely applicable.

    As far as the media goes - yes, the media is going to showcase whatever gets them more clicks. It's unfortunate, because it shouldn't be that way.
    Okay, let's use your context. How positive are you that more whites = more racists = more black deaths wouldn't be true? Because under your use of why you decided to bring up context, you're only arguing that more whites = more pickings for blacks. As I've mentioned, I don't believe it's race-based. I believe a higher proportion of black poverty causes more deaths, period.

    I'm not going to question what you've seen. I'm only demonstrating what I've encountered. If you have a different experience, great. That doesn't make your experience any more valid than it does mine. Ultimately, you and I agree that racism exists and that more personal responsibility has to be taken. We just differ on the levels of each of those.

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,315
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Well I mentioned them because they along with chris webber attacked the kings announcer in the story I posted to start this thread.

    I still dont believe that saying all lives matter is making it about me..... I still think it is more inclusive than saying black lives matter. I still dont believe that saying all lives matter is racist. Also- the whole BLM thing has a ******* white people tone to it. They never protest when a black person is killed by another black person? they dont protest when there are more black babies aborted in NY than born in 2017. Should white people protest everytime a white person is killed by a black person? (It rarely even shows up on the news)
    The main thing your not grasping is that when a black persons kills a white person or a black person, he goes to jail. When a white police officer kills a black person that is subdued already, they donít go to jail. If every cop that shot a black man in the back went to jail for murder, like every black persons who shot someone in the back, then nobody would be saying black lives matter. Itís not about black peoples getting killed, itís about no consequences for killing black people.

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Humans are very easy to mold when they're young. They're often not interested in these kind of topics until they're adults, at which point they're stubborn and harder to educate.

    Are you against more expansive diversity teachings through school? What's your solution other than simply condemning people?
    Kids today aren't learning racism in school. It's usually from their household. I believe the better way to educate everyone would be through their parents. It's much easier to educate an adult than a child and then having that adult educate their child, IMO. I don't think schools should be in the business of creating their own curriciulum on diversity teaching considering schools in general are terrible despite the USA spending the most per capita of any advanced country.

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,205
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    The main thing your not grasping is that when a black persons kills a white person or a black person, he goes to jail. When a white police officer kills a black person that is subdued already, they donít go to jail. If every cop that shot a black man in the back went to jail for murder, like every black persons who shot someone in the back, then nobody would be saying black lives matter. Itís not about black peoples getting killed, itís about no consequences for killing black people.
    Yes, and those who do so should be arrested and prosecuted. But do realize that police officers receive statistics as well. When they go to a neighborhood, they know the crime rate of that area. If that area is predominantly black and has a high crime rate, then they act much differently from if an area was predominantly white and has a low crime rate. In theory, they shouldn't. But police officers are humans. This is why abiding by the law and making sure you don't give them any reason to interact with you is also very important. People just need to understand that there will be racists at every level of the world. If black people are afraid of police encounters and police are afraid of black encounters, the best way to solve it is to create less of a reason to have police encounters.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,315
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    What about the black lives in Chicago every weekend? Whereís the outrage with those lives?
    If two consenting adults want to shoot it out, I donít feel bad for either. And one of them is going to jail if caught. When a man is handcuffed face down and still get killed that I have a huge problem with. Thatís an abuse of power and thereís nothing an onlooker can do to stop it. Huuuuuuuuuge difference.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,359
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Okay, let's use your context. How positive are you that more whites = more racists = more black deaths wouldn't be true? Because under your use of why you decided to bring up context, you're only arguing that more whites = more pickings for blacks. As I've mentioned, I don't believe it's race-based. I believe a higher proportion of black poverty causes more deaths, period.
    Honestly? Who knows? There's so many factors involved. Our country is still pretty segregated - you have states with very little black people. Depends on where those white people are placed, I guess.

    For example: Cleveland is still one of the most segregated cities in the country. The west side and the east side. If you add 100,000 whites to our city but place them in the far west side and surrounding suburbs, then it probably wouldn't make a difference at all. If you place them in the black neighborhoods then yes, that could be true.

    More whites = more racists is true, but it only = more black deaths if there isn't segregation. The fact that our country is still so strongly segregated is a variable that could completely nullify your hypothetical. Whereas, if someone is going to commit a crime of robbery, they're likely to target a more wealthy individual. How many crimes from blacks on whites are because of that financial disparity compared to whites on blacks?

    That's a rabbit hole you and I both don't seem to want to go down or we'll be arguing until we reach 1000 pages. So if we leave it at the facts, then 500 vs. 250 and 70% vs. 12.6% is where we are at.

    I'm not going to question what you've seen. I'm only demonstrating what I've encountered. If you have a different experience, great. That doesn't make your experience any more valid than it does mine. Ultimately, you and I agree that racism exists and that more personal responsibility has to be taken. We just differ on the levels of each of those.
    That's where I'm at with us.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  13. #553
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Again Im not a spokes person for BLM. They are easy to find why dont you go and ask them.
    Again did I say you were? Lol.
    It was a Statement I made in the beginning I never asked ďwhy donít they do that?Ē

    Itís crazy how you deflect and ignore/not pay attention to what I originally say


    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,122
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Kids today aren't learning racism in school. It's usually from their household. I believe the better way to educate everyone would be through their parents. It's much easier to educate an adult than a child and then having that adult educate their child, IMO. I don't think schools should be in the business of creating their own curriciulum on diversity teaching considering schools in general are terrible despite the USA spending the most per capita of any advanced country.
    I grew up in Toronto. Where they teach diversity at the elementry level. My father was racist. Id go home and listen to him spew his nonesence and id correct him based on what I learned at school. My cousins who grew up there took the same stance. Today my gf is black. My father loves her and her family. The education I recieved as a child helped change my fathers mind. Living in Toronto helped change my fathers mind. We came to houston and started our business here. Some of our best and most loyal customers are of African American back round. It helped make a difference in my family. Thats why i suggest it.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    16,315
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    Itís funny how you say ďare you saying itís acceptable to judge a entire group based on how they actĒ
    When blacks do the same exact thing with cops.
    Everyone sitting there saying ď**** pigs, **** 12, **** em allĒ entirely doing the same thing and judging a whole group based on what a small bad percentage acts.


    Itís so funny when someone says ď**** all copsĒ I guarantee the same people that say stupid **** like that, are gonna be the same ones running to their help when theyíre in a bad situation.
    ****ing hypocrites.
    Iím a millennial, and My generation are a bunch hypocritical *******. Social media social justice warriors
    Actually I saw cops and blacks in Michigan and other cities marching together. I saw 6 black dudes protect a cop in a riot. Clearly you are wrong. You act cool and blacks people will also be cool. You body slam a 10 year old 70 pound black girl to the ground head first, you get treated like the B$&@$? That you are.

Page 37 of 59 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •