Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 874
  1. #526
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Maybe he should spend more time researching for the good of his clients than spreading racism online.


    And Vee, I used to work with a black Jamaican guy that was messed with on numerous occasions. Cops treated him like **** when he did nothing wrong. On two separate occasions the judge he had to go before openly and publicly apologized to him for having his time, money and anxiety wasted. Not to mention the time there was an actual criminal in the area that shared a name with him. They just assumed it was him.

    When I asked him how it all made him feel he just shrugged his shoulders and said he had always heard the US was like this so he knew but it was still tough to endure.
    Yup. I've been spreading a lot of racism. I'm glad you came to that conclusion. Now go and tell me what your recommendations are on how to uplift the black community other than racism. Are police officers only racist towards black people? Is the government only conspiring against black people? Asians die from police officers at a lower rate compared to whites. Are police officers racist against whites? Blacks committed 40% of all police officers' deaths in the past two decades. Is it just racism or is there a deeper issue with how blacks and policing needs to be changed? Oh great, anecdotal evidence. Yet, that Jamaican guy came to America because despite the racism, he knew he his chance in having a better life is almost guaranteed. The country has a lot of work to do still. But yes, I am racist because I believe blacks need to focus more on how to uplift their communities without constantly mentioning racism as the root cause.

    Oh, the judge apologized for wasting his time and money? Newsflash: Judges all over courts in America do that **** to everyone. It's a long drawn out process for everyone. Have you been to the courts for a legal proceeding?

  2. #527
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Its so blatantly obvious to me when someone doesnt have compassion or isnt coming from a place of love. Its easy to spot the ones with an agenda.

    I truly hope that we somehow come out of this more united and more compassionate as a society.

    Lmao so funny you say this? Our argument was that I wish the same LOVE was shown from BLM to other oppressed people of color, but you got to the point of saying I have some underlying issue with them.

    The hypocrisy here... 😂
    Last edited by LA_1; 06-05-2020 at 03:04 PM.


    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,029
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Yup. I've been spreading a lot of racism. I'm glad you came to that conclusion. Now go and tell me what your recommendations are on how to uplift the black community other than racism. Are police officers only racist towards black people? Is the government only conspiring against black people? Asians die from police officers at a lower rate compared to whites. Are police officers racist against whites? Blacks committed 40% of all police officers' deaths in the past two decades. Is it just racism or is there a deeper issue with how blacks and policing needs to be changed? Oh great, anecdotal evidence. Yet, that Jamaican guy came to America because despite the racism, he knew he his chance in having a better life is almost guaranteed. The country has a lot of work to do still. But yes, I am racist because I believe blacks need to focus more on how to uplift their communities without constantly mentioning racism as the root cause.

    Oh, the judge apologized for wasting his time and money? Newsflash: Judges all over courts in America do that **** to everyone. It's a long drawn out process for everyone. Have you been to the courts for a legal proceeding?
    Diversity classes in elementary schools across the nation where kids are taught to love and apreciate one another from an early age... That would be a start.

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,328
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    My post regarding generalized had to do with you claiming my views on social media/news caused me to generalize black people when it hasn't. I'm speaking about the masses of blacks and that's a given considering I've already stated multiple times that blacks have and can be successful if they are focused on the real issues at hand. So if you're claiming I generalized the black community by calling them all thugs, victims, etc., sure. But my point-of-emphasis when mentioning blacks is to imply that most blacks.
    Holy gymnastics batman. But you very clearly felt the need to specify SOME whites are racist, amirite?

    Similarly, when people say whites are racist, do I assume that they are referring to the entire white community such as what Idawg and smith have been saying?
    You'll have to take it up with them.

    Now you bring up context. What context do you need from blacks murdered 500 whites and whites murdered 250 blacks?
    I brought up context immediately - you dismissed it because "stats are fact". You completely left out the fact that there are far more whites in the country. You can't state a fact but withhold additional facts that clarify it.

    If you're saying white people have over 60% of the population, I can respond with the fact that yes, but that could also mean more whites = more racists = more black deaths.

    So how do you want to play this? There's a reason why I didn't bring context into that because it doesn't work. These are deaths that context wouldn't have differentiated anything with. You bring up Cedi Osman and Kevin Durant. I'm sorry but I don't see how that in any way has to do with the same level of similarities as murders other than you think you are proving some point that is misunderstood here. I get it, context. So tell me how a population of 5x the blacks murdered 250 blacks and a population of 1/5th of whites murdered 500 whites. Using context here actually makes YOUR scenario look even worse.
    Whites are the majority population. That is a fact you withheld that affects murder victim rates by ethnicity. So yes, it's more likely that they'd be killed by blacks than the opposite. It's simple math and logic.

    Your response to that a hypothetical, it's not a fact. Just as I could respond hypothetically and say, "Well maybe since many blacks committing crimes are poor, target richer/wealthier citizens (and so there's whites) whereas whites murdering blacks are mostly based on racism".

    At that point we're throwing out possibilities and getting away from the facts. The facts are: more whites have been killed by blacks than blacks by whites, but whites make up 70% of the US population. BOOM
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  5. #530
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,029
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    Lmao so funny you say this? Our argument was that I was the same LOVE was shown from BLM to other oppressed people of color, but you got to the point of saying I have some underlying issue with them.

    The hypocrisy here... 😂
    You harp on BLM. The issues were talking about stem long before the existance if BLM. Im not a spokes person for BLM. Im talking about rasicm as a whole. You can continue to focus on that group i have no problem with that. Im not apart of BLM so redirect your debate toward someone else.

    When I say I hope we come out of this more united as a society Im literally referring to everyone. Call me a hypocrit doesnt bother me because I want us as a peolpe to live in harmony. Whats your goal?

    Youre talking to a white persian man about BLM. Why dont you find a BLM rep to get answers from? Its not hard to find them on twitter. Im talking about black people not one particular group movement group. Understand that
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-05-2020 at 03:23 PM.

  6. #531
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,328
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Diversity classes in elementary schools across the nation where kids are taught to love and apreciate one another from an early age... That would be a start.
    You'd be surprised at how much differently the country's history is taught than what actually transpired.

    I've taken ethics, economics, and sociology classes and learned stuff I'd never have known if I didn't go to college. Stuff that they teach nowadays that they didn't teach 30 years ago. It's no surprise to me that a lot of racist beliefs from people (to my homeboy OceanSpray - I said people, not whites) are from very uneducated people, or people who were educated many years ago.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  7. #532
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You harp on BLM. The issues were talking about stem long before the existance if BLM. Im not a spokes person for BLM. Im talking about rasicm as a whole. You can continue to focus on that group i have no problem with that. Im not apart of BLM so redirect your debate toward someone else.
    Itís not a debate it was originally something I just commented on and you took it so wrong as if I was attacking BLM movement and turned it into a debate.

    My statement saying ďI hope the same love thatís being shown from other oppressed POC being shown to BLM is reciprocated when the roles are reversedĒ
    And you questioned me like I was being racist.


    "The moment you give up, is the moment you let someone else win."

  8. #533
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,917
    So if more whites are being killed by blacks why the news donít show why they focus on black news? Is the numbers accurate or like many other fake news to instill fear and paint a bias picture. Trump said itís fake news
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-05-2020 at 03:12 PM.

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Holy gymnastics batman. But you very clearly felt the need to specify SOME whites are racist, amirite?



    You'll have to take it up with them.



    I brought up context immediately - you dismissed it because "stats are fact". You completely left out the fact that there are far more whites in the country. You can't state a fact but withhold additional facts that clarify it.



    Whites are the majority population. That is a fact you withheld that affects murder victim rates by ethnicity. So yes, it's more likely that they'd be killed by blacks than the opposite. It's simple math and logic.

    Your response to that a hypothetical, it's not a fact. Just as I could respond hypothetically and say, "Well maybe since many blacks committing crimes are poor, target richer/wealthier citizens (and so there's whites) whereas whites murdering blacks are mostly based on racism".

    At that point we're throwing out possibilities and getting away from the facts. The facts are: more whites have been killed by blacks than blacks by whites, but whites make up 70% of the US population. BOOM
    1) I don't believe the overwhelming majority of whites are racist.
    2) I believe the overwhelming majority of blacks are focusing on the wrong issues.
    3) No, I didn't dismiss context. I know whites have a higher population. It just isn't applicable here. Not everything needs to be contextualized. Nevermind the fact that the narrative by the media and others mentioning racism never mentions black on white murders being double of white on black murders but why do you dismiss that more whites = more potential for racist whites = more of them to kill blacks? Instead, you play the narrative with the 'context' your way and simply state that more whites = more victims for blacks to kill. Oops, I generalized. Sorry, I meant to say a higher population of white people = more victims for SOME blacks to kill. Does that work for you? Because I noticed that you chose not to do that and generalized blacks and whites as well. Irrespective of all of this, ultimately I chose not to mention it because I don't believe race plays a factor in these deaths. But it's funny how no one ever mentions these statistics but as soon as a white person kills a black person, it's all over the news. That was my only reasoning as to why I mentioned it.

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,029
    Quote Originally Posted by LA_1 View Post
    Itís not a debate it was originally something I just commented on and you took it so wrong as if I was attacking BLM movement and turned it into a debate.

    My statement saying ďI hope the same love thatís being shown from other oppressed POC being shown to BLM is reciprocated when the roles are reversedĒ
    And you questioned me like I was being racist.
    Again Im not a spokes person for BLM. They are easy to find why dont you go and ask them.

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    You'd be surprised at how much differently the country's history is taught than what actually transpired.

    I've taken ethics, economics, and sociology classes and learned stuff I'd never have known if I didn't go to college. Stuff that they teach nowadays that they didn't teach 30 years ago. It's no surprise to me that a lot of racist beliefs from people (to my homeboy OceanSpray - I said people, not whites) are from very uneducated people, or people who were educated many years ago.
    I graduated a few years ago. It seems you haven't had a chance to see how terrible education has become in terms of political views. The only courses you can take in which political views are rarely mentioned will be business or a STEM field-required courses. The curriculum today is very liberal based and that is why you see many differing views get shut down real quick by the faculty and professor. The backlash a school will get isn't worth it for them to lean otherwise.

  12. #537
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,917
    You do realize it have more brown people in the world than white right?

  13. #538
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18,917
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    1) I don't believe the overwhelming majority of whites are racist.
    2) I believe the overwhelming majority of blacks are focusing on the wrong issues.
    3) No, I didn't dismiss context. I know whites have a higher population. It just isn't applicable here. Not everything needs to be contextualized. Nevermind the fact that the narrative by the media and others mentioning racism never mentions black on white murders being double of white on black murders but why do you dismiss that more whites = more potential for racist whites = more of them to kill blacks? Instead, you play the narrative with the 'context' your way and simply state that more whites = more victims for blacks to kill. Oops, I generalized. Sorry, I meant to say a higher population of white people = more victims for SOME blacks to kill. Does that work for you? Because I noticed that you chose not to do that and generalized blacks and whites as well. Irrespective of all of this, ultimately I chose not to mention it because I don't believe race plays a factor in these deaths. But it's funny how no one ever mentions these statistics but as soon as a white person kills a black person, it's all over the news. That was my only reasoning as to why I mentioned it.
    What about the guy who thinks all Asians are Chinese. It donít make him right just ignorant on the mater and base on his perception he think heís right. Thing is things are not always what they seem.

    We all have roughly the same image of what an alien may look like yet we never seen one. How did we all got the image?
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-05-2020 at 03:22 PM.

  14. #539
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    You'd be surprised at how much differently the country's history is taught than what actually transpired.

    I've taken ethics, economics, and sociology classes and learned stuff I'd never have known if I didn't go to college. Stuff that they teach nowadays that they didn't teach 30 years ago. It's no surprise to me that a lot of racist beliefs from people (to my homeboy OceanSpray - I said people, not whites) are from very uneducated people, or people who were educated many years ago.
    Oh I know .. Theres alot of misseducation. Its brutal. Thats why so many Americans dont even know anything outside of their state. Even what they are taught within their state historically is incorrect.

    Education goes a long way. I think if we did create a diversity class for children it could make a difference in the long term but I also know that the education system is not going to teach accurate hisotry either. Thats a whole other challenge in its own.

  15. #540
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,096
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    So if more whites are being killed by blacks why the news donít show why they focus on black news? Is the numbers accurate or like many other fake news to instill fear and paint a bias picture. Trump said itís fake news
    And why do you think that is? Why do you think the masses of national media refuses to mention these statistics but push about racism? Do you think CNN really cares about providing you real news that is unbiased? Let's face it: These media companies are revenue-based. No revenue = no story. Lots and lots of news are now becoming entertainment-based where they are more interested in people doing talkshows rather than actual unbiased news. How many people do you think protesting knows that only 9 unarmed black men have died by a police officer in 2019 or that a police officer is statistically more likely to die by a black man than an unarmed black man to die by a police officer? I don't think it has to do with racism in many of these cases. I just think poor people make poor decisions and that causes more police interactions. I just wonder where you're getting your news from because if a white unarmed individual died via a police officer, you and I both know it isn't generating anywhere close to the reaction if a black unarmed individual were the victim.

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •