Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,286

    Ruggs Recovering From Injury

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...ukP?ocid=ientp

    WTH?

    Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs' offseason hasn't exactly gone to plan, as reports recently surfaced claiming that while the rookie was helping a friend move, his thigh was punctured to such a degree that his femoral artery almost burst. Yes, take that in for a moment. If true, we're talking about a life-threatening injury.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,624
    Wow, WTF? Didn't anyone give these rookies "the talk"? You are a valued asset and your life, body, health is no longer your own. Unless you're working out in the gym, hire someone else to do the heavy lifting.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...ukP?ocid=ientp

    WTH?

    Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs' offseason hasn't exactly gone to plan, as reports recently surfaced claiming that while the rookie was helping a friend move, his thigh was punctured to such a degree that his femoral artery almost burst. Yes, take that in for a moment. If true, we're talking about a life-threatening injury.
    Freak accident by the sounds of it. Unless his friend was a knife thrower in the circus. ,

    Btw kitchens are dangerous places also where many lose their lives in accidents. we should ban him from using a microwave just in case.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,015
    I swear **** like this only happens to the Raiders...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,015
    Imagine if this is serious... we passed up on selecting Lamb and Jeudy for this guy... seriously. Only the Raiders.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    1,016
    Why the hell does this type of nonsense always happen? He better be ready to go in september!

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk


    IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    159
    Stupid thing to do by a guy who has yet to sign his first pro contract. I'm sure he was just being a good friend and helping out, but when you're in his position, you just don't take any chances. If this had been a career ender, he'd be left with nothing.

    Of course, the weirdness of this offseason probably means not as many meetings and activities after the draft, so rookies might not have gotten the usual talks. But still, this seems the sort of thing one should just know without having to be told.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Stupid thing to do by a guy who has yet to sign his first pro contract. I'm sure he was just being a good friend and helping out, but when you're in his position, you just don't take any chances. If this had been a career ender, he'd be left with nothing.

    Of course, the weirdness of this offseason probably means not as many meetings and activities after the draft, so rookies might not have gotten the usual talks. But still, this seems the sort of thing one should just know without having to be told.
    at its' core, at the very least, it's just bad decision making... I know this off-season was different in that teams couldn't do their due diligence and background checks on the prospects, but it just seems like we always end up with the rotten apples in the bunch. It's infuriating.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,191
    Rub some Vagasil on it and you'll be fine...
    Dogdaddy

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Rub some Vagasil on it and you'll be fine...
    Dude came very close to his femoral artery, so the story says, still stupid, but not by far a brush it off happening.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,039
    Accidents happen. Glad it didn't get worse. Not sure how much it will affect his play. But, as a person, I'm glad he's OK. Has there been anyone on this site that hasn't done something "stupid"?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    12,624
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Has there been anyone on this site that hasn't done something "stupid"?
    In my teens, all of the time. That's the whole point of being a kid. But never as an adult. I couldn't afford the reasonable learning mistakes, let alone the stupid, self inflicted variety.

    Or are we counting still supporting the Raiders even after all of these years of mind boggling failure and futility in the "stupid" category? If so, then never mind, forget what I said.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,039
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    In my teens, all of the time. That's the whole point of being a kid. But never as an adult. I couldn't afford the reasonable learning mistakes, let alone the stupid, self inflicted variety.

    Or are we counting still supporting the Raiders even after all of these years of mind boggling failure and futility in the "stupid" category? If so, then never mind, forget what I said.
    I'd say that's love and being a faithful fan. I think they'll be fine for this year. I will enjoy it.....if they even play.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,015
    Jeez, I really hope that HRIII is the real deal, and the best WR to come out of the draft... but there's no denying that a majority of the nation was praying for CeeDee Lamb. Just going back over the draft discussions over the last few years, as a consensus our own message board was more spot on on the prospects that became better pros than the FO running the team. We can go back a few years and just see who we wanted as a group, and who the team actually chose.

    This year's draft Poll for the 12th pick... 62% of us wanted Ceedee Lamb. 16% for Jeudy, and not a single vote for HRIII.

    2019 draft Poll for the 4th pick... 51% wanted Josh Allen, 35% wanted Quinnen Williams, and 19% wanted Devin White. Cle Ferrell was not even on the list.

    2018. we got Kolton Miller, chose him over Derwin James because we had Obi Melifonwu selected with the 2nd round pick the year before. We had a lot of people banging the table for Derwin James in that draft. Lamar Jackson went 32nd to the Ravens.

    2017. We got Gareon Conley... everybody wanted Reuben Foster in that draft, and that one turned out well for us, kind of. TJ Watt went to Pittsburgh a few picks later.

    and i'm not even getting into the really really bad drafts of the past....

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    17,020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •