Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ruggs Recovering From Injury

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...ukP?ocid=ientp

WTH?

Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs' offseason hasn't exactly gone to plan, as reports recently surfaced claiming that while the rookie was helping a friend move, his thigh was punctured to such a degree that his femoral artery almost burst. Yes, take that in for a moment. If true, we're talking about a life-threatening injury.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Wow, WTF? Didn't anyone give these rookies "the talk"? You are a valued asset and your life, body, health is no longer your own. Unless you're working out in the gym, hire someone else to do the heavy lifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...ukP?ocid=ientp

WTH?

Las Vegas Raiders receiver Henry Ruggs' offseason hasn't exactly gone to plan, as reports recently surfaced claiming that while the rookie was helping a friend move, his thigh was punctured to such a degree that his femoral artery almost burst. Yes, take that in for a moment. If true, we're talking about a life-threatening injury.
    Freak accident by the sounds of it. Unless his friend was a knife thrower in the circus. ,

Btw kitchens are dangerous places also where many lose their lives in accidents. we should ban him from using a microwave just in case.

I swear **** like this only happens to the Raiders...

Imagine if this is serious... we passed up on selecting Lamb and Jeudy for this guy... seriously. Only the Raiders.

Why the hell does this type of nonsense always happen? He better be ready to go in september!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Stupid thing to do by a guy who has yet to sign his first pro contract. I'm sure he was just being a good friend and helping out, but when you're in his position, you just don't take any chances. If this had been a career ender, he'd be left with nothing.

Of course, the weirdness of this offseason probably means not as many meetings and activities after the draft, so rookies might not have gotten the usual talks. But still, this seems the sort of thing one should just know without having to be told.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
    Stupid thing to do by a guy who has yet to sign his first pro contract. I'm sure he was just being a good friend and helping out, but when you're in his position, you just don't take any chances. If this had been a career ender, he'd be left with nothing.

Of course, the weirdness of this offseason probably means not as many meetings and activities after the draft, so rookies might not have gotten the usual talks. But still, this seems the sort of thing one should just know without having to be told.
    at its' core, at the very least, it's just bad decision making... I know this off-season was different in that teams couldn't do their due diligence and background checks on the prospects, but it just seems like we always end up with the rotten apples in the bunch. It's infuriating.

Rub some Vagasil on it and you'll be fine...
    Dogdaddy

Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Rub some Vagasil on it and you'll be fine...
    Dude came very close to his femoral artery, so the story says, still stupid, but not by far a brush it off happening.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Accidents happen. Glad it didn't get worse. Not sure how much it will affect his play. But, as a person, I'm glad he's OK. Has there been anyone on this site that hasn't done something "stupid"?

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Has there been anyone on this site that hasn't done something "stupid"?
    In my teens, all of the time. That's the whole point of being a kid. But never as an adult. I couldn't afford the reasonable learning mistakes, let alone the stupid, self inflicted variety.

Or are we counting still supporting the Raiders even after all of these years of mind boggling failure and futility in the "stupid" category? If so, then never mind, forget what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    In my teens, all of the time. That's the whole point of being a kid. But never as an adult. I couldn't afford the reasonable learning mistakes, let alone the stupid, self inflicted variety.

Or are we counting still supporting the Raiders even after all of these years of mind boggling failure and futility in the "stupid" category? If so, then never mind, forget what I said.
    I'd say that's love and being a faithful fan. I think they'll be fine for this year. I will enjoy it.....if they even play.

Jeez, I really hope that HRIII is the real deal, and the best WR to come out of the draft... but there's no denying that a majority of the nation was praying for CeeDee Lamb. Just going back over the draft discussions over the last few years, as a consensus our own message board was more spot on on the prospects that became better pros than the FO running the team. We can go back a few years and just see who we wanted as a group, and who the team actually chose.

This year's draft Poll for the 12th pick... 62% of us wanted Ceedee Lamb. 16% for Jeudy, and not a single vote for HRIII.

2019 draft Poll for the 4th pick... 51% wanted Josh Allen, 35% wanted Quinnen Williams, and 19% wanted Devin White. Cle Ferrell was not even on the list.

2018. we got Kolton Miller, chose him over Derwin James because we had Obi Melifonwu selected with the 2nd round pick the year before. We had a lot of people banging the table for Derwin James in that draft. Lamar Jackson went 32nd to the Ravens.

2017. We got Gareon Conley... everybody wanted Reuben Foster in that draft, and that one turned out well for us, kind of. TJ Watt went to Pittsburgh a few picks later.

and i'm not even getting into the really really bad drafts of the past....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast