Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    wait, fabricated? You're saying he didn't have grandfathers in the military?
    I'm not going to get into the whole thing about opinions on whether it was disrespectful to do it during the anthem.
    The entire idea that it is disrespectful is unbelievably ridiculous. That's what it is about.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I'm gonna have to drop Drew Brees from my Top 20 best QBs all-time list.
    he seemed to legitimately apologize, then trump tried to defend him and brees attacked trump.

so he made up for it imo
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

As a patriot fan. To the whole afc east thanks for being morons for twenty years.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Brees didn't need to apologize for anything. He has an opinion. Other people have theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Brees didn't need to apologize for anything. He has an opinion. Other people have theirs.
    He said something really stupid that made him look bad in a lot of people's eyes, including his teammates.

So yeah, he could have left it at that and not apologized.

he said something ****ing stupid and ignorant.

those players were never protesting the flag, trying to change what they were doing to that to try to make them look bad is a disgusting tactic to avoid addressing the actual problem.

if you dumb****s listened back then instead of crying like whiny little *****es we wouldnt be in the mess we're in now

instead you want to pretend racism isnt still a major problem In society and act like it just magically disappeared in the 60s overnight

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    he said something ****ing stupid and ignorant.

those players were never protesting the flag, trying to change what they were doing to that to try to make them look bad is a disgusting tactic to avoid addressing the actual problem.

if you dumb****s listened back then instead of crying like whiny little *****es we wouldnt be in the mess we're in now

instead you want to pretend racism isnt still a major problem In society and act like it just magically disappeared in the 60s overnight
    Calm down, Karen.

Personally, I disagree with a lot of what LeBron has to say. He has a right to his opinion, though, however wrong, stupid, or ignorant I may feel it is and I would never condone bullying him into an apology, which is what happened to Drew Brees.

What's happening around the country right now has absolutely nothing to do with a bunch of athletes kneeling during the anthem and no amount of it was going to change anything.

Calm down, Karen.

Personally, I disagree with a lot of what LeBron has to say. He has a right to his opinion, though, however wrong, stupid, or ignorant I may feel it is and I would never condone bullying him into an apology, which is what happened to Drew Brees.

What's happening around the country right now has absolutely nothing to do with a bunch of athletes kneeling during the anthem and no amount of it was going to change anything.
    yes, it absolutely ****ing does have to do with those athletes protesting, this is EXACTLY what they were protesting.

and yeah, the thing is, your opinion here is based in ignorance, as was Brees', you're changing what the protest was about to demonize them.

that makes you a disgusting human being.

kaep got advice from a vet on how to protest while still showing respect, THEY WERE NEVER BEING DISRESPECTFUL, your "opinion" that is disrespectful just means you are ignorant and wrong.

he used his spotlight to bring attention to an important topic, and if people listened and reformed our very atrocious laws these riots would have never happened.

instead we have to do it the hard way.

just like back in the 60s.

btw, MLK during his life was widely hated an considered disrespectful.

in 100 years when they're studying this time period, it will go down as the same as the 60s, we're still just a racist *** society

He said something really stupid that made him look bad in a lot of people's eyes, including his teammates.

So yeah, he could have left it at that and not apologized.
    Nothing he said was stupid. Even if there was no intention to disrespect the flag by any one person who ever knelt during the anthem, some will still see it that way. Those people have as much right to hold those opinions as anyone else who disagrees with them. People that disagree with you don't need to apologize over it.

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    yes, it absolutely ****ing does have to do with those athletes protesting, this is EXACTLY what they were protesting.

and yeah, the thing is, your opinion here is based in ignorance, as was Brees', you're changing what the protest was about to demonize them.

that makes you a disgusting human being.

kaep got advice from a vet on how to protest while still showing respect, THEY WERE NEVER BEING DISRESPECTFUL, your "opinion" that is disrespectful just means you are ignorant and wrong.

he used his spotlight to bring attention to an important topic, and if people listened and reformed our very atrocious laws these riots would have never happened.

instead we have to do it the hard way.

just like back in the 60s.

btw, MLK during his life was widely hated an considered disrespectful.

in 100 years when they're studying this time period, it will go down as the same as the 60s, we're still just a racist *** society
    What very atrocious laws would those be?

These riots aren't about laws, they aren't about a black man's murder, they aren't about anything logical. It's a bunch of twisted people that just wanted an excuse to be destructive.

I never demonized anyone. I only said that some will see it as disrespectful even if there was zero intent for it to be disrespectful, and that seeing it as such doesn't make those people wrong and they shouldn't have to apologize for it.

Nothing he said was stupid. Even if there was no intention to disrespect the flag by any one person who ever knelt during the anthem, some will still see it that way. Those people have as much right to hold those opinions as anyone else who disagrees with them. People that disagree with you don't need to apologize over it.
    He said NFL players who protested, including teammates of his, were "disrespecting the flag".

Doesn't get more stupid than that.

What very atrocious laws would those be?
    That police officers can kill with impunity as long as they "felt threatened" for one.

He said NFL players who protested, including teammates of his, were "disrespecting the flag".

Doesn't get more stupid than that.

That police officers can kill with impunity as long as they "felt threatened" for one.
    From his point of view, they were disrespecting the flag. Others share that point of view. Their opinions are no less valid than yours or anyone elseís. The players who knelt in protest are not the delegators of what is offensive or disrespectful. Neither are Drew Brees or the players who stand for the anthem.

Iíve explained this three times.

From his point of view, they were disrespecting the flag. Others share that point of view. Their opinions are no less valid than yours or anyone elseís. The players who knelt in protest are not the delegators of what is offensive or disrespectful. Neither are Drew Brees or the players who stand for the anthem.

Iíve explained this three times.
    Players were not protesting the flag so his opinion is not valid.

Opinions can be subjective. But this one was simply false.

Nobody forced Brees to apologize but after he saw his teammates' reactions, among others, he probably wised up to the fact he said something really stupid.

Kaepernick wasnít kneeling to change laws. The protest was motivated by the belief that blacks are killed by police more often than people of other races, which is factually incorrect. It can be argued that Kaepernick created more division than anything, by advancing a false narrative and creating even more animosity between the black community and law enforcement than was already present.

Players were not protesting the flag so his opinion is not valid.

Opinions can be subjective. But this one was simply false.

Nobody forced Brees to apologize but after he saw his teammates' reactions, among others, he probably wised up to the fact he said something really stupid.
    His opinion is absolutely valid. What they were protesting does not matter. He believed that the act of kneeling during the anthem was inherently disrespectful, intended or not.

He was absolutely forced into an apology. Heís the leader of 52 different men in perhaps the most watched professional sports league in the world.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast