Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

Why are you here?

So I asked this question in a thread of one poster... but I started to get curious about all y'all.

So...

Why are you here? What possesses you to post here? I'm serious. I'm here because I like to argue and crack jokes. I'm here even more now, because I am starved for social contact, and you ****ers (All posters in this forum) are the devil I know. How bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

For the same reasons really. Makes me keep up on what's going on, and is an active forum too.

The same. Iíve also become less able to focus in recent years and jumping around the Internet is a time waster that doesnít demand focus. I honestly like telling jokes to and when no knows you you can kind of work on material lol. Lastly i find some you interesting plus sometimes when I find something interesting I ask you guys, work for a while, come back and someone might have posted some interesting answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I ask this question every day but itís fun to see some people get riled up

Iím a puppet of China sent to create social and cultural divide

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Iím here to convert you all to Trump supporters....so far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    So I asked this question in a thread of one poster... but I started to get curious about all y'all.

So...

Why are you here? What possesses you to post here? I'm serious. I'm here because I like to argue and crack jokes. I'm here even more now, because I am starved for social contact, and you ****ers (All posters in this forum) are the devil I know. How bout you?
    Seriously, pretty much this. I disappear on occasion but these reasons pretty much sum up why Iím here.

Pretty much the same. I can't stand social media level of discourse so I actually like it here.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post

So...

I started posting here cuz I used to study on my laptop all day long, day after day, so it was a way to kinda step away for a little here and there, and easily step back. Some of it is just habit since then.

Also I dont really talk politics in person with any regularity, so it's cool to kinda talk about it here. And before Corona it's legit been 95% my source of news. I used to see such wierd *** topics, like why does anyone even care about that, then inevitably I'd always see that headline posted on cnn or fox when catching a glimpse at the gym. So I guess it kinda a major bridge between me and certain american pop culture, cuz outside of this forum I pay almost no mind to it.

It's also one of the only places I talk about religion in any depth with others.

It's just interesting to catch a snapshot of the mentality of this demographic I really dont interact with much in person. Or at least not this candid. Its interesting to see how differently our minds work and process things, how our different experiences shape the way we view things.

Especially this concept of creating a version of someone's argument for them, and then attacking that version, rather than addressing ones actual words. It's so common on here, I find it so wierd.

I feel like we're all case studies for one another, lol
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Discussion/debate is how you keep from just being someone who mimics ideas you read and hear to actually being someone who can articulate and defend positions. Itís becoming harder to do this in life because people are so divided in their beliefs and less willing to have those beliefs challenged. Politics have become peopleís religion. At least here if I piss someone off with an argument it doesnít carry into my real life.

Damn!

From the title, I thought this was going to be an existential exploration of the meaning of life: I mean, why are any of us here?

In most basic terms, Iím here because I am filling up the time until I die.

Why PSD? I guess I like trying to interact with people who think differently from me (and some who donít). I donít run into many Sluggos, for example, or Walters, in my world, so I find their observations illuminating, if at times frustrating.
    Last edited by Crovash; 05-22-2020 at 08:44 AM.

I'm here to talk about American politics. Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Politics
    Political discussion may take place here.

I'm genuinely interested in all politics but I mainly come here for the train wrecks

Been here since 2004 and still enjoy posting here and reading some of your guys opinions on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Damn!

From the title, I thought this was going to be an existential exploration of the meaning of life: I mean, why are any of us here?

In most basic terms, Iím here because I am filling up the time until I die.

Why PSD? I guess I like trying to interact with people who think differently from me (and some who donít). I donít run into many Sluggos, for example, or Walters, in my world, so I find their observations illuminating, if at times frustrating.
    I'm here to collect stories for the ride.

I think we should strive to leave the world a better place for our presence.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast