Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Executive Order regarding Social Media?

https://www.cnet.com/news/president-...a-on-thursday/

Fascism in full swing , I guess? We'll see what happens here.

All in response to some legitimate fact checking and 0 stifling of free speech.

Thoughts on what this is going to be? Undoubtedly ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-27-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Lulz. You edited out your call for the execution of the president.

PSD mods are awesome.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

They canít do ****.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post

PSD mods are awesome.
    I moderated myself before anyone replied lol. I'm against the death penalty, but it's pretty easy to argue that he is more evil than people that have gotten it.

I have stood by my opinion that he is a worse person than any leader in the world - situation considered.

I cant imagine what he would have done had he grown up in Kim Jong Un's position or Putin's position, people that are accepted as evil.

He'd at the very least match them imo.

Last edited by blams; 05-28-2020 at 12:01 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Damn Twitter puts one notice that Trump is full of **** and MAGA is all in on actual censorship and having government take control.

The president of the United States really doesn't like even the slightest amount of accountability.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

He could have the slightest. People are saying...lots of people...that he the slightest amounts of lots of things.

How is it "fascism in full swing" when we have absolutely no idea what it's going to be?

If they are fact checking all posts then fine, if it's just some posts then it is chilling to free speech.

It's a private company so they can do whatever they want, but if they want the protections of being a public platform then they can't selectively respond to some posters and not all. Their best protection is to respond to nobody. It certainly doesn't seem to be hindering their traffic being a political cesspool.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post

PSD mods are awesome.
    What were we supposed to do in those 5 minutes when nobody reported the post?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They canít do ****.
    "They" who?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    How is it "fascism in full swing" when we have absolutely no idea what it's going to be?

If they are fact checking all posts then fine, if it's just some posts then it is chilling to free speech.

It's a private company so they can do whatever they want, but if they want the protections of being a public platform then they can't selectively respond to some posters and not all. Their best protection is to respond to nobody. It certainly doesn't seem to be hindering their traffic being a political cesspool.
    I think he is accidentally going to do something fantastic, and shoot himself in the foot in the process.

I moderated myself before anyone replied lol. I'm against the death penalty, but it's pretty easy to argue that he is more evil than people that have gotten it.

I have stood by my opinion that he is a worse person than any leader in the world - situation considered.

I cant imagine what he would have done had he grown up in Kim Jong Un's position or Putin's position, people that are accepted as evil.

He'd at the very least match them imo.
    Not even close. Trump is a megalomaniacal *******, but he's mostly talk. He's been largely ineffective in getting any legislation passed. And he comes nowhere close to various leaders who have attempted genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Damn Twitter puts one notice that Trump is full of **** and MAGA is all in on actual censorship and having government take control.

The president of the United States really doesn't like even the slightest amount of accountability.
    Did they say something about the size of his hands?

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I think he is accidentally going to do something fantastic, and shoot himself in the foot in the process.
    I do wonder what the result would be of twitter/youtube/facebook losing their "platform" protections? Last year a bipartisan bills SESTA/FOSTA already weakened their protections to horrible results.

The DMCA was accidentally good legislation, but it has been getting whittled down right from the start with Congress demanding Google start policing their search results, then what was posted on youtube, and on and on and on all of which were specifically protected in the DMCA.

The failing has been in trying to make the platform enforce legal and moral codes and now they are complaining that they are doing what was asked of them too well.

We need to go back to the wild west of no legal responsibility what is posted on a public platform. The platforms would LOVE to be released from that yoke.

If Trump somehow makes it so the platforms are legally not allowed to filter/edit their users we would certainly learn something about what the platforms have been doing.

I suspect reddit would be the last platform standing where effectively all users are the filter for all users.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast