Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Blash is back!

Blash is back!

Yea I don't know how I feel. I definitely do not watch hockey like I used to but I have a hard time understanding why you would want to keep him on. Yes you can argue that the level of talent the team has had plays a part in his failures but can't you also say that a coach should be able to get the most out of the guys?

It just feels like there is a drastic need for change. I don't know about you but I am sick and tired of watching the dump and chase style of play these guys put on. Doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Yea I don't know how I feel. I definitely do not watch hockey like I used to but I have a hard time understanding why you would want to keep him on. Yes you can argue that the level of talent the team has had plays a part in his failures but can't you also say that a coach should be able to get the most out of the guys?

It just feels like there is a drastic need for change. I don't know about you but I am sick and tired of watching the dump and chase style of play these guys put on. Doesn't work.
    Yes! I want the team to open the ice more and be more of a "fast break" team. At least score 5 if you give up 6 lol.

The one thing I can see is that Stevie is in no hurry to change because he knows the team is years away from winning. He also knows that Blash has been given a dumpster fire of a roster to work with so there is the idea that maybe he could do more with more talent. I don't know about that personally. I wanted a new voice but if the team is going to stink anyway I guess I cannot be super upset.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Yes! I want the team to open the ice more and be more of a "fast break" team. At least score 5 if you give up 6 lol.

The one thing I can see is that Stevie is in no hurry to change because he knows the team is years away from winning. He also knows that Blash has been given a dumpster fire of a roster to work with so there is the idea that maybe he could do more with more talent. I don't know about that personally. I wanted a new voice but if the team is going to stink anyway I guess I cannot be super upset.
    I just saw an article on ESPN that talks about Yzerman sticking to his plan for the rebuild. If you want to read it here it is. I kind of have to agree. I think that once we are able to start competing again I think Yzerman will pick his own coach then. Plus after next year, whenever that season starts, could be Blashill's last year unless Yzerman decides to extend his contract. Before Holland left he extended Blash's contract through 2021-2022 season.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I just saw an article on ESPN that talks about Yzerman sticking to his plan for the rebuild. If you want to read it here it is. I kind of have to agree. I think that once we are able to start competing again I think Yzerman will pick his own coach then. Plus after next year, whenever that season starts, could be Blashill's last year unless Yzerman decides to extend his contract. Before Holland left he extended Blash's contract through 2021-2022 season.
    I guess I can understand of just kinda going along with the flow of this trash team until we get some development but at the same time, why expect anything different out of Blashill? Have the likes of Larkin and Mantha really developed under his wing to be the great players we 'think' they can be? The last thing I would want to see is get the opportunity to pick Alexis Lafreniere and it's a wasted pick because the coach/organization didn't turn him into something great.

He's like Brett Brown with the Sixers, let him hang around for the rebuild, nobody would wanna coach this team anyway

Top coaches get fired all the time, if Stevie Y ever puts together a team he deems competitive, we'll pick up a top coach off the heap

probly Quinneville

as long as Blash is around he'll catch all the blame