Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

#11 Rangers vs the #6 Carolina Hurricanes: Best of Five

The NHL is back! While the dates are being hammered out, the Blue shirts will be facing the Jerky Boys.

Five Interesting Thoughts:

1. Who is between the pipes: Do you go with experience, Henrik Lundqvist? the mad scientist's assistant, Igor Shestyorkin who is fully healed from a fractured rib?

2. The Rangers' top 2 scoring lines are filthy and for the first time, healthy: Kreider is back. No one wants to deal with Rangers offense.

3. Skjei is back and will be motivated

4. Who will step up defensively for the Rangers?

5. Who will win?

I for one am thrilled,is the format perfect? Is it fair? Who knows?? I'm just thrilled tat our league is moving forward. And yes we will beat the canes

There was some GREAT programing on MSG and NHL network yesterday for the 26th anniversary of our CUP! Hope some of you got to enjoy it

its the week ,we're celebrating the 94 CUP and heres two observations from watching the games,
    1. I really like the way the game is called now much better as opposed to back then. I'll agree there are some ticky tack calls made now but back then there was so much hooking,clutching and grabbing,it was almost like the ref could call whatever he felt like whenever he felt like it,and it's also given us a better pace.
    2. I did not realize how great Richter was that year! Man he was phenominal,without him we don't win the CUP

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I for one am thrilled,is the format perfect? Is it fair? Who knows?? I'm just thrilled tat our league is moving forward. And yes we will beat the canes
    Definitely

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by vispetto19539 View Post
    Definitely

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
    Welcome aboard LGR!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    The NHL is back! While the dates are being hammered out, the Blue shirts will be facing the Jerky Boys.

Five Interesting Thoughts:

1. Who is between the pipes: Do you go with experience, Henrik Lundqvist? the mad scientist's assistant, Igor Shestyorkin who is fully healed from a fractured rib?

2. The Rangers' top 2 scoring lines are filthy and for the first time, healthy: Kreider is back. No one wants to deal with Rangers offense.

3. Skjei is back and will be motivated

4. Who will step up defensively for the Rangers?

5. Who will win?
    Shesterkin should get the net, they said earlier in the year the best goalie gets the net and he is the best goalie until proven otherwise.
    Skjei will be fine, Hamilton back will make more of a difference.
    I actually liked Smith/Trouba Lindgren/Fox at the end of the year, DeAngelo needs but won't get a better man than Staal so that could be our albatross.
    I'd love to think we could beat Carolina but I think depth on d, more specifically the left side, and the bottom 6 will favour Carolina, our best bet is if Shesterkin is at the top of his game and Panarin and Zib are who they were before we stop. If Kakko can catch fire it might solve our bottom 6 scoring issues.

There is reason to be hopeful.

The Rangers swept the Carolina Hurricanes during the regular season.

With Kreider back, the Rangers have a fearsome scorers with Mika, Panarin, Fox, and deAngelo.

and it's a win-win scenario...

Rangers win, they advance into the Playoffs...and they have the rights to Carolina or Toronto's 1st rounder which does that make them eligible for the #1 pick?

No. If Toronto wins #1 overall, that pick is protected. By default we get the Carolina pick.

If Carolina wins, they have a choice of which pick to give. Iím guessing they donít give us their 1st overall which means we get wherever Toronto lands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

If Carolina wins, the Rangers still have their pick and eligible. Call me greedy but I'm hoping the Rangers win the #1 pick. This young team worked hard even though (minus OTL) they are basically .500....

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    No. If Toronto wins #1 overall, that pick is protected. By default we get the Carolina pick.

If Carolina wins, they have a choice of which pick to give. Iím guessing they donít give us their 1st overall which means we get wherever Toronto lands.

So i've read that TOR pick is top 10 protected and CAR is not protected at all? So in theory couldn't we beat CAR , TOR lose to Torts get the 9th pick and we could get a top 10 pick from CAR possibly?
    The First Man To Ever Win The World Title - The Prestige Title - The Chaos Championship in PWW History. I am The Face That Runs The Place Mario Freaking Bellz

Quote Originally Posted by Bellz View Post
    So i've read that TOR pick is top 10 protected and CAR is not protected at all? So in theory couldn't we beat CAR , TOR lose to Torts get the 9th pick and we could get a top 10 pick from CAR possibly?
    The best pick that Toronto could get without winning the lottery is 11 because they had a better points % than both teams in some other matchups, so they would automatically pick after those teams regardless of who wins the series. If Carolina wins the lottery they keep the pick and that bumps Toronto down a spot to 12 in the best case scenario.

Looks like Lindey Ruff is headed across the river, I can't imagine he'd still be coaching our D while we're in the playoffs,even though the devils aren't in the tournament I would think it's a conflict of interest? I've said it before,I'd love to see Scott Stevens coach our D,(yes I'm still beating that drum) I think he has a brilliant hockey mind.

Looks like asst.coach Gord Murphy is being promoted from Hartford for the tournament

Ruff is an old school coach. He doesn't like Euros or Russians. He likes a physical defensive squad. Thing is, he's terrible at making adjustments.

This super young Rangers team has defensemen more talented than the forwards. Sure, Fox and deAngelo are top 5 point producers but...their partner is often left alone. Putting a lot of pressure on the goaltending.

I dunno if there is a way to solve it but I hope Murphy can work on a design that keeps the Rangers from getting out shot in the opening period.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast