Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 4561
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds like an astoundingly dumb idea! It's not exclusively looters in these areas and taking away phone service from people who might need to make an emergency call to their family or the local police solves nothing. Not to mention that a lack of phone service isn't going to get people to stop rioting.
    Your response sounds astonishingly dumb.

To re-iterate my last response………

They would be inconvenienced for about 10-12 hours.

Seems like a small price to pay to help quell the situation.

I think you need to do anything to slow this down. Anything. Think outside the box. Next up comes shooting. Why not try this first??

Before cell phones, there were times during which telephone service was interrupted. Like an electric outage after a storm, you live with things in an emergency situation.

And I'm not sure, but there may be a way to allow 911 calls thru.

And yes, it would affect the looters. They are passing a lot of info to each other.

I really can't believe you don't see the point. It is pretty simple and has no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Not if they have a heart attack.
    What did they do years ago before cell phones during an interruption in service????

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    People outraged they're forced to wear a mask to prevent the spread of a virus that's killed over 100K people but think the government shutting of cell service for large swaths of people to combat a couple of bad actorsis totally cool....

I don't get it man...

Police literally have all the resources and money in the world and still have no idea of how to actually do their job effectively. Amazing..
    Bolded……"to combat a couple of bad actors"

Are you kidding with this. Do you have a TV???? Turn it on. Dial in any news station (skip FOX News GASP!!! to prevent the heart attack) and let us all know how many "bad actors" you see.

Geezus.…to combat a couple of bad actors.

I guess Noah built that ark because of a little rain.

What the hell is the difference between shutting off cell phone service, closing streets, curfews. They are all trying to do the same thing. Isolate the "bad actors."

Wake up here.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What did they do years ago before cell phones during an interruption in service????
    you mean when we all had land lines and used those phones to call 911? Back off this dumb idea.... you are embarrassing yourself old man.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

You get credit for having an out of the box creative idea.
    This one just won't do it...too many who are NOT the problem would be put at higher risk TO the problem...and people CAUSING the problem might be pushed to cause MORE
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

died

or suffered unneeded damage
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Your response sounds astonishingly dumb.

To re-iterate my last response………

They would be inconvenienced for about 10-12 hours.

Seems like a small price to pay to help quell the situation.

I think you need to do anything to slow this down. Anything. Think outside the box. Next up comes shooting. Why not try this first??

Before cell phones, there were times during which telephone service was interrupted. Like an electric outage after a storm, you live with things in an emergency situation.

And I'm not sure, but there may be a way to allow 911 calls thru.

And yes, it would affect the looters. They are passing a lot of info to each other.

I really can't believe you don't see the point. It is pretty simple and has no cost.
    As per usual: you are ****ing clueless and out of touch. Certainly not the first time you've presented us with monumentally dumb ideas about cell phones either....and I'm sure it won't be the last.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    You get credit for having an out of the box creative idea.
    This one just won't do it...too many who are NOT the problem would be put at higher risk TO the problem...and people CAUSING the problem might be pushed to cause MORE
    He gets credit for parroting some stupid **** he saw on FOX News? I don't think so, Tim.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    you mean when we all had land lines and used those phones to call 911? Back off this dumb idea.... you are embarrassing yourself old man.

I guess you missed the part where I mentioned "interruption in service."

During an "interruption in service" land lines would not have worked.

And while you're so worried about services not being available without cell phones…how about every night for the last 5 days when streets were closed and the police are occupied. How much of emergency services are getting thru???

Embarrassing myself on this??? Hardly..

Old man??? Absolutely.

Quick observation………there have been many comments about about my age and waiting / wanting the baby boomers to die off. You implied that yourself. Some have mentioned that are waiting for me to die. (I am complying.)

But every night for the last 5-6 days, I am watching all the protests, destruction, fires etc. and all I see are millennials. Hmmmm

I've seen a few next day videos of a lot of older and middle age people sweeping up the carnage. Hmmmmm

And you want us to go away????

Aren't you one of our highly educated instructors???

I really have to question your inductive reasoning and therefore your ability to instruct.

And did I miss your suggestions to end the trouble??? If so, what are they???

As per usual: you are ****ing clueless and out of touch. Certainly not the first time you've presented us with monumentally dumb ideas about cell phones either....and I'm sure it won't be the last.
    Wasn't my idea. I guess you missed what I said (certainly not the first time) that this was a comment from someone on FOX News (GASP!!).

Seems like a simple and no cost idea to interfere with the rioters. What are some of your ideas????

He gets credit for parroting some stupid **** he saw on FOX News? I don't think so, Tim.
    Parroting………no.

Passing on something that I heard………yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You have repeatedly made the statement that you assume young black men are criminals unless they meet your fashion standards. Most young black males don’t seem to make your standard so you just assume they are all criminals. I have no issue with guys looking like Urkle or guys wearing the regular clothes you seem to associate with a criminal element when worn by a black male. We both know you are extremely “prejudiced”. Unfortunately you are set in your ways. Knowing your prejudice doesn’t do anything for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You are making the assumption that I want/expect young black males who don’t want to be associated with the criminal stereotype to look, dress, act differently. That’s not it at all. I want those in the black community who are the criminals to cease to exist. That’s the difference.

Wasn't my idea. I guess you missed what I said (certainly not the first time) that this was a comment from someone on FOX News (GASP!!).

Seems like a simple and no cost idea to interfere with the rioters. What are some of your ideas????
    No **** it wasn't your idea. I never said it was and actually directly said it wasn't. Try learning how to read, big boy.

Parroting………no.

Passing on something that I heard………yes.
    Potato potata.

No **** it wasn't your idea. I never said it was and actually directly said it wasn't. Try learning how to read, big boy.
    OK, ya gott me. (Well, not really.)

Now what are your ideas for ending this mess???? We're all waiting.