Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 74 of 615 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Iím not calling black culture a criminal culture. Criminals, violent criminals, are perpetrating the stereotype that black people are violent. Iím saying this has to be part of the change if black people want that stereotype to go away.

If someone hits you in the head every day and one day you finally call them a bully. Then they tell you to stop calling them a bully while they continue to hit you in the head everyday. You would think that in this case, both behaviors need to change. Itís the same with the stereotype that young black males are dangerous.

To use your Muslim example: do you think if there was a terrorist attack in the US every week, the Muslim ban or some version of it wouldnít have happened?
    How about the change we make is that we donít treat crimes committed by African Americans as representative of all of them. Because itís not.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I spent 2 hours today listening to my mother in law preaching to me how George Soros is behind all the looting and hires all these looters to cause chaos. All George Soros nobody else.

Curious from Joey, brewers and crew how much that is really believed amongst the GOP community. I have to see her again Wednesday so curious to know if I should engage in a conversation with her or just continue to let her talk crazy talk.
    I donít really care/buy into the conspiracy theories/politics of all this. The changes that need to occur are most likely not going to happen under trump and definitely wonít happen under Biden. All drugs need to be legalized and sold in state stores. That is the first, drastic step that needs to occur in inner cities. Thatís the change people should be fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    How about the change we make is that we donít treat crimes committed by African Americans as representative of all of them. Because itís not.
    Youíre right. Itís not all of them. It specifically young men, age 18-30. Iíve stated this statistic before but as a white person, I also know that all races tend to murder within their own race. White people are primarily killed by white people and black people are primarily killed by black people.

I believe itís racist to deny thereís a problem in inner cities with the violence committed by young black males. Because itís primarily killing black people.

Youíre right. Itís not all of them. It specifically young men, age 18-30. Iíve stated this statistic before but as a white person, I also know that all races tend to murder within their own race. White people are primarily killed by white people and black people are primarily killed by black people.

I believe itís racist to deny thereís a problem in inner cities with the violence committed by young black males. Because itís primarily killing black people.
    Ok if we want to talk statistics, what percentage of African Americans age 18-30 are killers. I donít know the exact answer but I think itís fair to assume that half of the African American arenít murderers. So why should we project that onto every African American. If weíre going to stereotype on statistics like youíre saying then we should be assuming that African Americans arenít violent murderers because the statistics say the majority of them arenít.

Iím not calling black culture a criminal culture. Criminals, violent criminals, are perpetrating the stereotype that black people are violent. Iím saying this has to be part of the change if black people want that stereotype to go away.
    You unwittingly are because saying wearing baggy pants is dressing like a criminal is like saying dressing black is like dressing like a criminal. Baggy pants are just part of normal culture in some areas, just cuz criminals from that area dress the same doesnt mean other people there should now change their manner of dress.

Your second point, I just dont understand what it is you are asking from a given black individual. Every person can only control their own actions. If there are some violent black people down the street, what the hell is this black person here supposed to do about it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Ok if we want to talk statistics, what percentage of African Americans age 18-30 are killers. I donít know the exact answer but I think itís fair to assume that half of the African American arenít murderers. So why should we project that onto every African American. If weíre going to stereotype on statistics like youíre saying then we should be assuming that African Americans arenít violent murderers because the statistics say the majority of them arenít.
    Well said.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Assuming that African Americans arenít violent murderers is racist. It doesnít help the black community. Black males, in general, make up 6% of the US population. 6% of the population is responsible for over half the murders in the US. The victims of the majority of those murders are black people. Not understanding or admitting that thereís an issue within the black community is a huge problem. We, as a society, will need to take drastic steps to fixing those issues, but first we must all admit that thereís a problem.

Assuming that African Americans arenít violent murderers is racist. It doesnít help the black community. Black males, in general, make up 6% of the US population. 6% of the population is responsible for over half the murders in the US. The victims of the majority of those murders are black people. Not understanding or admitting that thereís an issue within the black community is a huge problem. We, as a society, will need to take drastic steps to fixing those issues, but first we must all admit that thereís a problem.
    See, this is the most dangerous thing we have going. Because you know what, there are degrees of truth to what youíre saying. But you take those truths and you distort them to fit your racist agenda. But those degrees of truth make the hatred your spew sound logical to impressionable people and thatís how they start growing up with your delusional and ****ed up state of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You unwittingly are because saying wearing baggy pants is dressing like a criminal is like saying dressing black is like dressing like a criminal. Baggy pants are just part of normal culture in some areas, just cuz criminals from that area dress the same doesnt mean other people there should now change their manner of dress.

Your second point, I just dont understand what it is you are asking from a given black individual. Every person can only control their own actions. If there are some violent black people down the street, what the hell is this black person here supposed to do about it?

You do if you donít want to be lumped in with a stereotype. The analogy I used before was Italian people dressing, acting like mafia members. My uncle was an accountant but he looked and acted like he was in The Godfather movie. When I was a boy, my cousin ďshot himself.Ē I put that in quotes because it was a suspicious death but the cops didnít really care. At his funeral, the cops were staking out the place because a lot of people there had warrants. My uncle was one of the ones harassed by the cops even though he was an honest accountant. Itís because he looked and acted like a mafia member. Was that fair? No. Is it understandable? Yes.

You donít have to be a stereotype. Being a stereotype is a personal choice. Prejudice is different than racism. An individual cannot choose to make another not racist. But they can break a stereotype.

See, this is the most dangerous thing we have going. Because you know what, there are degrees of truth to what youíre saying. But you take those truths and you distort them to fit your racist agenda. But those degrees of truth make the hatred your spew sound logical to impressionable people and thatís how they start growing up with your delusional and ****ed up state of mind.
    I would say itís the opposite but from your perspective. Letís say I change my perspective. In my mind, young black males are no longer dangerous. The stereotype is wrong. How many black lives did we save? So in the end, because of white guilt, weíll all shut up and nothing will change. If I were racist, Iíd be happy.

Assuming that African Americans arenít violent murderers is racist.
    What?

You do if you donít want to be lumped in with a stereotype. The analogy I used before was Italian people dressing, acting like mafia members. My uncle was an accountant but he looked and acted like he was in The Godfather movie. When I was a boy, my cousin ďshot himself.Ē I put that in quotes because it was a suspicious death but the cops didnít really care. At his funeral, the cops were staking out the place because a lot of people there had warrants. My uncle was one of the ones harassed by the cops even though he was an honest accountant. Itís because he looked and acted like a mafia member. Was that fair? No. Is it understandable? Yes.

You donít have to be a stereotype. Being a stereotype is a personal choice. Prejudice is different than racism. An individual cannot choose to make another not racist. But they can break a stereotype.
    So essentially you are saying if black people dont want to be treated like criminals, they should stop acting black.

lmao, am I misreading something here?

This. The thing is I dont really know how self aware he is of this. I think he himself is an unaware product of listening to the exact same bull **** he is saying right now.

Its really wierd tho, it's like hes denouncing racism in some posts, while simultaneously pushing for and justifying it in others.

Last edited by nastynice; 06-01-2020 at 02:55 AM.

The stereotype that young black males who look, dress and act a certain way are dangerous must change. But that change must come from both sides. Yes, individually speaking, white people can/should make an effort to look past this stereotype. However, individually speaking, young black males can/should make an effort to not fit this stereotype. Itís a two sided stereotype.

Muslims make an effort simply by denouncing terrorism. They realize as much as anyone that terrorists soil their religion and make like difficult for them.

My point is, black people are not the only ones to deal with stereotypes/prejudice. Being prejudice is practically a given. Itís a defense mechanism we use to avoid danger and dangerous situations. Again donít confuse prejudice with racism. Both are real and yes, black people have/do face racism but itís mostly on a individual level. I can see where racism could hold down black people if utilized systemically. But prejudice cannot. Anyone can break a prejudice. If black people want this prejudice to change than change....
    Do you feel better about your prejudice now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Do those steps include not prejudging any young black male who doesnít look like Urkel so he can get a fair shake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.