Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 71 of 297 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 4448
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    What do you expect people to do in this situation?

https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/s...476333058?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You know that there is a WIDE range of options available for police that fall in between "do nothing" and "keep your knee on someone's neck while they can't breath for ten minutes". Right?

I just want to be sure and ask the question. I know most people would be aware of that, but you might legitimately not be aware of that fact.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    What do you expect people to do in this situation?

https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/s...476333058?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cry about it on social media from the comfort of their home?
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 05-31-2020 at 11:19 PM.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Who else's area adopted a curfew (aka a perfect excuse for the cops to **** up anyone they see out of their house after the sun sets)?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Brewers 100% cares more about buildings than most actual people. Not sure if he knows that you can rebuild buildings but can't bring dead people back?
    Kinda like the economy. A brutalized economy can bounce back but there's no bringing back the tens of thousands of people that have died and are going to continue dying.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Who else's area adopted a curfew (aka a perfect excuse for the cops to **** up anyone they see out of their house after the sun sets)?
    Neighboring city did. Peaceful protest, police mace a line of people standing on the sidewalk where they wanted to push through, riots erupted.

Police are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Neighboring city did. Peaceful protest, police mace a line of people standing on the sidewalk where they wanted to push through, riots erupted.

Police are the problem.
    Curfew starting tonight and going for a whole week where I am.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    These stereotypes impact cops because cops are human beings. We should hope to expect more from cops and typically we get more from cops. But there are bad cops and there are good cops that make human errors. Thatís always, always, always going to happen. It happened in every profession. Should cops be punished when this happens? Yes. There can be no ďblue shield of protectionĒ anymore. They should lose their job and/or face charges. Should we expect it to never happen? Of course not.

The reason it happens to more black people per capita is because black people have more encounters with police than white people. We can argue over the war on drugs and Traffic stops being racially motivated/racist but black people commit more violent crimes. That is a fact. If cops were racist, how come other minorities donít have similar high numbers of police deaths like black people do? Are cops somehow only racist towards blacks?

As I said in my previous post, it takes time and effort for these stereotypes to go away. You gave a great example with Muslim. Do you think itís more or less difficult now or right after 9/11 for Muslims on airplanes? Do you think most Muslims have made a concerted effort to distance themselves from radicals/terrorists? I believe you just proved my point.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, you are essentially saying that since it has statistical backing, it is ok for prejudism to occur against blacks?

No, muslims have not made an effort to distance ourselves from radicals or terrorists. How would we even do that? Wear an anti bin laden t shirt for a week? My sister in law wears hijab, did she distance herself enough..?

You keep going back to these stats in this argument. I already mentioned a while back, while stats may be good to illustrate a point, if this argument boils down to stats to you then you are missing the point.

The point is many black individuals face considerably more pressure in their lives based on their skin color and nothing more. They face it because of a systemic prejudism against individuals based on statistics. They want this to change. To me that is a 100% reasonable thing to ask for to be changed. You yourself agreed they face this issue. Why you're response is anything other than agreement with what they are asking for, I dont understand.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Acting like Trump has done anything by going to Twitter and yelling about making Antifa a terrorist organization isn't something that I intend to make an effort towards. I will fight **** like that every step of the way. I don't need to understand it any further.
    You don't give one flying rats *** about George Floyd or racism. All you care about is hating Trump. People like you are the vile that will always stand in the way of this country coming together.

And people like you are on both sides. It's ****ing disgusting.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Curfew starting tonight and going for a whole week where I am.
    You now have one more reason to keep your *** at home.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What...who..do you view as the system?
    I guess I'm looking at this from a wider view...that to fix the police problem requires improving race relations overall.
    I dont see the system as WHO so much as what. A capitalist system which has made it's way into the prison justice system. A very recent history involving an entire race of people being treated as non human. Theres a lot of facets to it.

Its deeper than a "police problem". Its an every facet of life problem. Think about what affirmative action is. How racist must a system be that a few decades ago we had to push something called affirmative action just to try and bring some balance to things. That's an inherently racist system. You dont think we have remnants of slave ownership in this system created by slave owners?

Even right now, you dont think any democrat money is funding some of this chaos? Cmon, we already know the formula. This is election year..

Last edited by nastynice; 05-31-2020 at 11:41 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I don't really know what cities are supposed to do to stop a riot. They can't reasonably let them go unchecked, but everything they try to do to stop them is criticized too.

If they fired up the military heat gun to just make everyone run away my guess is they'd get sued for the next 50 years.

If they built barricades to contain the riot they'd get sued for any injuries and fatalities that happened in the riot because they were not trying to stop it.

They are screwed if they do anything and screwed if they don't.

So, serious question. You are put in charge of say the LAPD (who have quite a long racially charged reputation), you are going to get rid of all the racists and totally fix the police to be good people only and they will never again overstep the law on anyone of any color. Now you have to stop the riots. What do you do?

Hereís the thing - the answer to ďhow do you stop the riots?Ē is exactly why they exist.

You donít fix this problem now. You try to contain it. People are going to **** **** up. People will be peaceful. People will blame others. And you sure as **** donít contain it by any of the measures used.

Iím as down on this country as Iíve ever been. Itís revolution time.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You now have one more reason to keep your *** at home.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. This curfew does not affect me one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Hereís the thing - the answer to ďhow do you stop the riots?Ē is exactly why they exist.

You donít fix this problem now. You try to contain it. People are going to **** **** up. People will be peaceful. People will blame others. And you sure as **** donít contain it by any of the measures used.

Iím as down on this country as Iíve ever been. Itís revolution time.
    Now's as good a time as any to be down on us. Fortunately I hear some first world countries in africa are gonna throw us a benefit concert.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I dont see the system as WHO so much as what. A capitalist system which has made it's way into the prison justice system. A very recent history involving an entire race of people being treated as non human. Theres a lot of facets to it.

Its deeper than a "police problem". Its an every facet of life problem. Think about what affirmative action is. How racist must a system be that a few decades ago we had to push something called affirmative action just to try and bring some balance to things. That's an inherently racist system. You dont think we have remnants of slave ownership in this system created by slave owners?

Even right now, you dont think any democrat money is funding some of this chaos? Cmon, we already know the formula. This is election year..

but that's exactly the reasoning behind my saying to resolve the real problem, we all have to have an understanding of other viewpoints, other perspective.....if I can't understand why you feel about something, how can I understand all the adjustments I need to make..........it's not as simple as 'don't be racist', this thread is a microcosm of a lot of this. It's like my own situation with native Americans...when I grew up my exposure to them wasn't generating a lot of respect, and even tho I've matured, have had native friends, etc, engrained memories from childhood can still effect my trust and respect for them today. If you want to call that prejudicial, we ALL are...regardless of race.

And we haven't even touched on the subject of, in particular, Latinos or, even tho we have had our reasons, Muslims (tho that's not a race)
    gotta love 'referential' treatment