Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 704 of 709 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704705706 ... LastLast
Results 10,546 to 10,560 of 10632
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Except white people in America account for almost 6 times the amount of black people. There were 230 million white people in America as of 2020 while there was 41 million black people.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hs...ths-disparity/

And black people are more likely to be shot and killed by cops than whites
    And guess which race commits the most violent crimes. And it isn't close.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that black people are more likely to be shot and killed by cops than white people. And if you want to go down that rabbit hole, there are a lot of things besides personal conduct that contribute to those numbers like the fact that black people are 3 times more likely to be impoverished than whites, 16 times more likely to experience third generation poverty than whites, experience less upward mobility, more downward mobility, have less educational opportunities, face institutional and systemic racism that whites don't experience, experience significantly more concentrated poverty, etc. Yeah, living in continual poverty where all those factors exist will certainly have an effect on the frequency of crime.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-17-2022 at 07:46 PM.

That doesn't change the fact that black people are more likely to be shot and killed by cops than white people. And if you want to go down that rabbit hole, there are a lot of things besides personal conduct that contribute to those numbers like the fact that black people are 3 times more likely to be impoverished than whites, 16 times more likely to experience third generation poverty than whites, experience less upward mobility, more downward mobility, have less educational opportunities, face institutional and systemic racism that whites don't experience, experience significantly more concentrated poverty, etc. Yeah, living in continual poverty where all those factors exist will certainly have an effect on the frequency of crime.
    I think the answer is the human race. They commit 100% of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

That's an incredibly racist thing to point out. There are plenty of reasons for it.

Blacks are pulled over less at night when race is harder to decipher

Blacks are also disproportionately poor due to not being able to get proper education, housing , work, wealth. Those in poverty are more likely to be driven to violence and that will always be the case.

So not only are they discriminated against and caught disportionately more because of it, disportionate poverty comes into play.

Aaaaand, our justice system sucks. Blacks are are disportionately found to have been wrongfully convicted of crimes.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    That's an incredibly racist thing to point out. There are plenty of reasons for it.

Blacks are pulled over less at night when race is harder to decipher

Blacks are also disproportionately poor due to not being able to get proper education, housing , work, wealth. Those in poverty are more likely to be driven to violence and that will always be the case.

So not only are they discriminated against and caught disportionately more because of it, disportionate poverty comes into play.

Aaaaand, our justice system sucks. Blacks are are disportionately found to have been wrongfully convicted of crimes.

Pointing out that blacks commit more crimes is definitely not racist and you saying it is is why itís so hard to even have a conversation with you on this topic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Pointing out that blacks commit more crimes is definitely not racist and you saying it is is why itís so hard to even have a conversation with you on this topic

Yes it is.

To the unracist mind, it's common sense that a race isn't the problem even before the statistics are looked at. There are a ton of reasons why disparities occur, as many have pointed out ad nauseum.

Pointing out "guess who commits the most violent crimes" is incredibly racist. And racist actions need to be called out and shamed 100 percent of the time.

Last edited by blams; 07-17-2022 at 09:29 PM.

Click here to register!

That doesn't change the fact that black people are more likely to be shot and killed by cops than white people.
    You are correct. It doesn't change the fact that more black perpetrators are shot more often than their counterpart white perpetrators. But it most definitely adds context to it.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Yes it is.

To the unracist mind, it's common sense that a race isn't the problem.

Pointing out "guess who commits the most violent crimes" is incredibly racist. And racist actions need to be called out and shamed 100 percent of the time.

Thatís not racist. Statistics are not racist

That's an incredibly racist thing to point out.
    No. It's not. But then again, you're the guy that forgives racists because they are members of your political party.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Thatís not racist. Statistics are not racist

I'm sure this statement won't come back to bite you.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

You are correct. It doesn't change the fact that more black perpetrators are shot more often than their counterpart white perpetrators. But it most definitely adds context to it.
    No, no it does not. It adds racism to it. I presume you were very turned on when typing that out.

Click here to register!

[emoji23] No. It's not. But then again, you're the guy that forgives racists because they are members of your political party.
    Source ?

Click here to register!

No, no it does not. It adds racism to it. I presume you were very turned on when typing that out.

You're really weird.

Source ?

Have at it Nate.

Have at it Nate.
    It gets funnier every time!