Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 701 of 709 FirstFirst ... 201601651691699700701702703 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 10622
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Got to love how the same people who say we shouldn't teach Critical Race Theory in schools want us to teach people that slave owners who fought for slavery are great men who we should thank.
    I love the strawman more.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Slavery began way before 1861. America wasn't even America officially when the trans-Atlantic slave trade began. Stop trying to push modernity. Slavery was bad but every civilization engaged in it in some form. Bottom line: You're not better than the people of the past because you're living in a completely different time where slavery is inconceivable. It's easy for you to say something is bad hundreds of years later. For all we know, your ancestors were probably slaveowners. Did your ancestors fight against slavery? Are you going to penalize them if they didn't fight to abolish slavery?
    I'm aware of how old slavery is, that has nothing to do with whether it was considered wrong in 1861. I'm not pushing modernity, people in 1861 thought slavery was bad.

I will chalk your disagreement up to your complete and utter ignorance about the views of slavery during those times.

I'm aware of how old slavery is, that has nothing to do with whether it was considered wrong in 1861. I'm not pushing modernity, people in 1861 thought slavery was bad.

I will chalk your disagreement up to your complete and utter ignorance about the views of slavery during those times.
    Yeah, no point. Enjoy your day.

Agreed. I cannot educate those unwilling to learn.

How misguided do you have to be to think that nobody knew slavery was bad when people literally fought over whether slavery was bad
    Last edited by valade16; 02-22-2022 at 05:03 PM.

I'm aware of the history of slavery. You appear to be aware of all of it but the latter stages. By the time of the Civil War, most of the developed world had abolished slavery.

Slavery being phased out only happened because we fought a war to forcibly phase it out, and this conversation is about whether to honor those who didn't want it phased out at all.

Bottom line: if you claim that nobody in the world didn't know that slavery was wrong in 1861 you're factually incorrect. Much of the world did.
    Yup. What's socially acceptable and what's morally right aren't always one and the same. If you can't figure out that owning another human and making them do your work is immoral, then something is wrong with your noggin (regardless of what time period you lived in).

Slavery began way before 1861. America wasn't even America officially when the trans-Atlantic slave trade began. Stop trying to push modernity. Slavery was bad but every civilization engaged in it in some form. Bottom line: You're not better than the people of the past because you're living in a completely different time where slavery is inconceivable. It's easy for you to say something is bad hundreds of years later. For all we know, your ancestors were probably slaveowners. Did your ancestors fight against slavery? Are you going to penalize them if they didn't fight to abolish slavery?
    Well if everyone else was doing it, I guess it really wasn't all that bad!

White flag hoisted!

I will very happily push modernity on how people existed before me, just as I believe that they should push it on his in the future. People who owned slaves were bad people who regardless their other accomplishments believed they had the right to imprison people and make them and their children work for nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I will very happily push modernity on how people existed before me, just as I believe that they should push it on his in the future. People who owned slaves were bad people who regardless their other accomplishments believed they had the right to imprison people and make them and their children work for nothing.
    Push it on Africa, then. There are many millions of slaves there. Or do you just talk about it because you hate America? You can do something about it right now. PSD is not the outlet. Start talking about the millions of slaves in Africa when you can and I'll give you credit. Otherwise, you're just some leftist crying about stuff you yourself don't have the courage to actually fix. You just want to reap the rewards and trash the past.

Push it on Africa, then. There are many millions of slaves there. Or do you just talk about it because you hate America? You can do something about it right now. PSD is not the outlet. Start talking about the millions of slaves in Africa when you can and I'll give you credit. Otherwise, you're just some leftist crying about stuff you yourself don't have the courage to actually fix. You just want to reap the rewards and trash the past.
    Whatever happened to taking care of America first?

This cranberry juice idiot is god tier at storming away in a huff only to come back and say more dumb **** because he can't stop himself.

"It is a grotesque parody of the bazaar at Marrakech, as if dumb animals had been granted only the amount of sentience required to mock humanity."

Whatever happened to taking care of America first?
    You told us it was racist.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You told us it was racist.
    Then why donít you guys take down those confederate statues were saying are racist if you listen to us?

Then why donít you guys take down those confederate statues were saying are racist if you listen to us?
    I's say that it is pretty true that to many many liberals think that almost all white people let alone those depicted in statues as heroes are just racist whites.