Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 699 of 709 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701 ... LastLast
Results 10,471 to 10,485 of 10632
    What's ironic is that Joey paints black people with a bigger brush and more negatively than he does members of the Confederacy.

How many times have we heard Joey make it a point to say black people commit the most crime when talking about profiling black people as criminals? I guess you can profile black people as criminals but don't you dare profile Confederates as pro-slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    PackerBum was correct in that it appears you need to read up more on Robert E. Lee if you think he was this slave sympathizer.

Do you think we should look at the members of the Nazi party and the KKK and judge them on a case by case basis? Do you think there is ever an organization whose very purpose is so evil it by association condemns any who willingly participate in it?
    the weird thing is the KKK originally in the very begin was just a fraternal order similar to the GAR just for old soldiers to get together. it didn't last long in that capacity because of reconstruction and carpetbaggers and the angry white supremacists. then it became the KKK we know now

PackerBum was correct in that it appears you need to read up more on Robert E. Lee if you think he was this slave sympathizer.

Do you think we should look at the members of the Nazi party and the KKK and judge them on a case by case basis? Do you think there is ever an organization whose very purpose is so evil it by association condemns any who willingly participate in it?
    The KKK and the Nazi party were a little different in their "recruiting" methods. While they both used violence against those they considered to be the lesser race, the Nazi party also used violence as well as propaganda and misinformation to recruit members. Many people in Germany joined out of fear. So I'd say in the case of Nazis in Germany during and before WWII, I'd say there's a few who could supercede the Nazis evil.

To answer your question, no i don't think participation in any one group condemns a person on that basis alone. Not even Al-Quedia or any terrorist group. Hopefully, this makes it even more clear....on December 7th, 1941, the Japanese surprise bombed Pearl Harbor like the scum that they are. Apparently, there were 353 Japanese planes that carried out that attack. I'm willing to say a few of those pilots were decent men.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Im not using Washington or Jefferson as shields. This isn't a slippery slope argument. Your side has already requested statues of those men to be removed, as well as Lincoln. Your issue is with those individuals. Confederate soldiers were not enough. That's the typical MO for the liberal side. Give an inch. They take 3,000 feet.
    How giving you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 02-21-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

The KKK and the Nazi party were a little different in their "recruiting" methods. While they both used violence against those they considered to be the lesser race, the Nazi party also used violence as well as propaganda and misinformation to recruit members. Many people in Germany joined out of fear. So I'd say in the case of Nazis in Germany during and before WWII, I'd say there's a few who could supercede the Nazis evil.

To answer your question, no i don't think participation in any one group condemns a person on that basis alone. Not even Al-Quedia or any terrorist group. Hopefully, this makes it even more clear....on December 7th, 1941, the Japanese surprise bombed Pearl Harbor like the scum that they are. Apparently, there were 353 Japanese planes that carried out that attack. I'm willing to say a few of those pilots were decent men.
    I will say, you are consistent in overlooking heinous deeds for people you consider good. I wish you were as consistent in overlooking minor infractions from black people before labeling them bad though.

Here are some of Joey's posts that highlight his double standard.

First here is Joey saying BLM is corrupted and therefore he can't support them:

I support peopleís right to protest about whatever their heart desires. I donít support the rioting and/or looting that seems to accompany some of these protests. Their right to protest doesnít trump other peopleís right to own a business or building.

I support the phrase ďblack lives matter.Ē Most people do. But the organization has corrupted that phrase and as we have learned is not inclusive of all black lives. Itís sad to be honest.
    So he can't support BLM because of what they've done but he can support the Confederacy despite owning slaves and fighting for slavery...

Here's Joey's thoughts on stereotyping black people:

Young black males who look, dress and act like thug criminals are the ones that bring on that negative stereotype by committing violent crimes. They are responsible. Other races donít just makes up stereotypes out of thin air. Sure, itís wrongly applied at times. But itís easy to overcome. Again, thatís not on all black people. Itís not even on all black men.
    Itís not that itís a factor. Itís that the reality is more likely for one race over the other to be dressed and acting like a thug. Everyone is guilty of prejudging people. Itís not necessarily a bad thing. Our minds are such that itís almost impossible not to make those quick judgements. Racism is using race in a negative way to make up those judgments. If I see a black baby and a white baby, I view them the same. I continue to view them same at 5-10 year olds. Itís only when they get to that 15-25 year old age that their attire and demeanor determine how I view them.
    As I said before, time will ease these stereotypes. But itís partially on black people as well. If you donít want to be viewed as a thug/gang member, than donít dress/act like a thug/gang member. Is it fair that we stereotype people? I donít know. But everyone is a stereotype for some reason.

Basically, it's OK to stereotype black people as criminals because of how they dress but how dare you stereotype Confederates as slave owners or racist despite fighting for slavery.

And here was Joey talking about how wrong is wrong when it comes to the KKK:

Do you believe the KKK was/is a problem in this country? So do I. But the fact is, the KKK is only made up of a small percentage of white people. Perhaps it was a higher percentage in the past but still. I feel the same way about KKK members as I go black gang members or mafia members. Wrong is wrong. Do we agree on this?
    Guess he doesn't think that now...

Also, you would not believe how many posts in this thread of his brought up how black people commit the most crime.

Bottom line: look at how vehemently Joey defends slave owners versus how quickly he is to vilify and demonize black people.

It's very obvious he holds Confederate slave owners in higher regards than black people.

Here are some of Joey's posts that highlight his double standard.

First here is Joey saying BLM is corrupted and therefore he can't support them:

So he can't support BLM because of what they've done but he can support the Confederacy despite owning slaves and fighting for slavery...

Here's Joey's thoughts on stereotyping black people:

Basically, it's OK to stereotype black people as criminals because of how they dress but how dare you stereotype Confederates as slave owners or racist despite fighting for slavery.

And here was Joey talking about how wrong is wrong when it comes to the KKK:

Guess he doesn't think that now...

Also, you would not believe how many posts in this thread of his brought up how black people commit the most crime.

Bottom line: look at how vehemently Joey defends slave owners versus how quickly he is to vilify and demonize black people.

It's very obvious he holds Confederate slave owners in higher regards than black people.
    First of all, you are comparing people from 200 years ago to people today. Of course, I don't view the potential danger the same way. Im also not defending "slave owners" as a group. Im looking at slave owners as individuals and judging them accordingly. I do the same for everyone i meet IRL. If i make passing judgments on people it's typically in an area in which crime is higher. Race plays no part in my assessment. It has to do with someones demeanor. If you were walking down the street with a friend who is a poc and you see a group of white guys with shaved heads, aren't you going to be a little on alert? I know i would be. But you know what im not looking for, is Japanese fighter pilots to do a kamikaze into me as i walk down the street or a slave owner to jump out from behind a trash can to enslave me or my friend.

First of all, you are comparing people from 200 years ago to people today. Of course, I don't view the potential danger the same way. Im also not defending "slave owners" as a group. Im looking at slave owners as individuals and judging them accordingly. I do the same for everyone i meet IRL. If i make passing judgments on people it's typically in an area in which crime is higher. Race plays no part in my assessment. It has to do with someones demeanor. If you were walking down the street with a friend who is a poc and you see a group of white guys with shaved heads, aren't you going to be a little on alert? I know i would be. But you know what im not looking for, is Japanese fighter pilots to do a kamikaze into me as i walk down the street or a slave owner to jump out from behind a trash can to enslave me or my friend.
    Itís OK to make passing judgements about people from high crime areas but how dare you make passing judgements about slave owners.

Itís not about viewing people for potential danger, itís about viewing their character.

You generally view slave owners as good people who did one little bad thing that should t ruin their reputation, while also generally viewing black people as responsible for violent crime who are thugs who are responsible for negative stereotypes.

In essence, you are willing to bend over backwards to defend slave owners honor but will tarnish a black personís on the slightest provocation.

Itís OK to make passing judgements about people from high crime areas
    Well, that's new.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Well, that's new.
    So is this vehement defense of slave owners.

So is this vehement defense of slave owners.
    You forgot your birth control pill today.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    You forgot your birth control pill today.
    I can tell you care enough about the environment to recycle. Particularly this comment.

Itís OK to make passing judgements about people from high crime areas but how dare you make passing judgements about slave owners.

Itís not about viewing people for potential danger, itís about viewing their character.

You generally view slave owners as good people who did one little bad thing that should t ruin their reputation, while also generally viewing black people as responsible for violent crime who are thugs who are responsible for negative stereotypes.

In essence, you are willing to bend over backwards to defend slave owners honor but will tarnish a black personís on the slightest provocation.
    I guess a serious question: how many slave owners have you met? How many slave owners are currently negatively impacting the lives of black Americans?

Again, if I'm in a neighborhood that is more dangerous, i judge everyone as potentially more dangerous. It's not about judging their character. I'm typically not in a situation to judge their character. It's a quick assessment as to whether a person can be dangerous to myself or my family. My ex gf lived in Singapore, one of the safest countries in the world. Their crime rate is like nothing. Even though it's a country, it has the vibe of a city. So when walking around Singapore with my ex, i was on alert. She would sort of laugh at me because in her mind, it's safe but it's just how i was raised.

Also, i don't generally view slave owners as good. There's just no reason for me personally to judge them. They aren't a current threat in any way. Maybe this will help.... i was born just outside of Philadelphia, so the north. If i lived in 1860 and was traveling through the south, I'd be on alert because slave owners would be potentially dangerous.

This is why they kneel

I guess a serious question: how many slave owners have you met? How many slave owners are currently negatively impacting the lives of black Americans?

Again, if I'm in a neighborhood that is more dangerous, i judge everyone as potentially more dangerous. It's not about judging their character. I'm typically not in a situation to judge their character. It's a quick assessment as to whether a person can be dangerous to myself or my family. My ex gf lived in Singapore, one of the safest countries in the world. Their crime rate is like nothing. Even though it's a country, it has the vibe of a city. So when walking around Singapore with my ex, i was on alert. She would sort of laugh at me because in her mind, it's safe but it's just how i was raised.

Also, i don't generally view slave owners as good. There's just no reason for me personally to judge them. They aren't a current threat in any way. Maybe this will help.... i was born just outside of Philadelphia, so the north. If i lived in 1860 and was traveling through the south, I'd be on alert because slave owners would be potentially dangerous.
    I know a lot of them on social media

Last edited by ewing; 02-22-2022 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I know a lot of them on social media

Those crazy slave owners are their tweets....