Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 642 of 702 FirstFirst ... 142542592632640641642643644652692 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 10529
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    is this really a question. I've supported some of what they have done, while saying they could do more.
    while it wasn't enough I supported that at least something was done/said after the killing of Tyshawn Lee.

why did you not include the rest of what I said or comment on this **** from this BLM.
    That’s all the good you think they’ve done?

I have provided people saying it was the kneeling.

are there some supporting what you said? I wouldn't doubt that, but more of what I've seen was just what I said, it was the kneeling during the anthem that was disrespectful. even black Americans said this.
    "even black Americans" yeah, right. I think MOST blacks back him. You didn't hear "shut the F up" coming from black neighborhoods. I guess all those blacks protesting under the BLM's banner didn't get that memo.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He's never going to concede that his point was wrong. He'll just continue back to his original point that ratings were down after he initially talked about it in 2016. Meanwhile, many of those people who claimed to never watch football again because of Kaepernick are now watching that same football they swore off. It was fake outrage for fake outrage's sake but liberals are the only snowflakes around here of course.
    I have seen more Fox News in the last month than I had ever never wanted to watch and it is ridiculous the rage machine that they have turned their airwaves into. It really is. The people swearing off football or XYZ get all raged up on this crap. It would be sad if it weren't so pathetic.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Over-all for the year, TV ratings are down.
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...nt-last-season

That took ten seconds. It must be a conspiracy, amirite?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    The best thing he can find to say about BLM is a nebulous "something was done/said" after a 9 year old was murder by two black guys who were caught, convicted, and given 90 years in prison. That's the first thing that comes to mind for him.
    interesting that you left out, at least. "at least something was done/said" because as has been obvious Black Lives Matter is not doing much when it comes to black children being killed in places like Chicago, that continues to happen and doesn't get enough attention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...olence-record/
    Black kids are more than four times as likely to die in shootings as White ones, according to CDC data
    Black Lives Matter where?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That’s all the good you think they’ve done?
    that is one that came to mind. I know you and i have had this conversation where I have given them credit before.

why has this been deflected away from what this group of BLM has done.

police are ambushed, police that did nothing wrong, and BLM here says they are not heroes.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

interesting that you left out, at least. "at least something was done/said" because as has been obvious Black Lives Matter is not doing much when it comes to black children being killed in places like Chicago, that continues to happen and doesn't get enough attention.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md...olence-record/

Black Lives Matter where?
    It's comical how shameless you are.

Remember when Parkland students demonstrated against gun violence after someone murdered their classmates and then right-wingers did everything they could to attack them?

Running short of reasoned arguments, many attempted to push conservative buttons with high impact visuals. Alt-right social media company Gab was one of many that disseminated a doctored animation of Gonzalez in which she falsely appeared to be tearing up the US constitution. Cartoonist and Trump sycophant Ben Garrison depicted Hogg as an assault rifle, wielded by CNN, and loaded with Marxism. Breitbart re-published a round of tweets accusing Hogg of throwing a Nazi salute.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tutions-hoaxes

The doctored image of Ms. González ripping apart the Constitution of the United States, began to spread during the march on Saturday. It was falsified from a Teen Vogue image in which she was pictured ripping apart a paper shooting target.

Steve King, the Republican congressman from Iowa, posted on Facebook about the Cuban flag sewn to Ms. González’s jacket.

“This is how you look when you claim Cuban heritage yet don’t speak Spanish,” the post said, “and ignore the fact that your ancestors fled the island when the dictatorship turned Cuba into a prison camp, after removing all weapons from its citizens; hence their right to self-defense.” It showed an image of her with the flag patch visible on her jacket.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/u...-gonzalez.html

But it's not like blacks have done things like this and then been ignored by liars like you, right?

Community members turned out in Austin Monday night to memorialize two of the young victims, Mekhi James and Amaria Jones.

In addition to grieving their loss, community activists raised reward money to help arrest Mekhi’s shooter, urged residents to break the code of silence and come forward with information, and pushed local leaders to acknowledge how stripping resources from their communities for decades leads to devastating crime.

Cole called on people to combat neighborhood violence by showing up and giving talent and time.

“If you want to reduce violence, you just got to pretty much show up. You got to show up. And if you’re not willing to walk into a nonprofit and say, ‘How can I help?,’ you’re probably part of the problem,” Cole said.

Arielle Maldonado, co-founder of the Healing Corner, said the group is focused on providing resources and support to families on the West Side. The Healing Corner was founded in 2015 after a shooting interrupted a prayer vigil.

The organization grew from a gathering on Division Street and Keeler Avenue to members fostering conversations with current and former gang members, Maldonado said. The group still meets at corners of the city known for violent incidents, passes out free food and other resources, and begins discussions around violence.

Now, the organization is also working to stay in touch with families in the community.

“We’ve met a lot of families that we’ve basically focused on keeping in touch with and maintaining relationships with and mentoring those children and taking them out to do activities … — just supporting them with necessary needs like anything from food, clothes, birthday gifts, Christmas gifts,” she said.

While the coronavirus pandemic has stalled the healing corners, Maldonado is hoping to host a small “grab and go” event July 3 at Division Street and Pulaski Road.

Maldonado said people who comment on social media about a lack of protests and action around gun violence have a “really shallow understanding of the core of the issue.”

More than 160 local organizations received funding this May from the Partnership for Safe and Peaceful Communities, a philanthropic network, to aid young people and prevent peak gun violence during the summer.

One of the organizations that received funding is Culturally Helping and Making Positive Success, known as C.H.A.M.P.S. The program mentors Black and Brown young adults by holding events like weekly virtual mentor calls on Zoom.

“It’s more important than ever that we connect our youth with caring mentors,” said Chief Operating Officer Gavin Lamb. “We really appreciate the Chicago Fund’s flexibility and desire to put resources in the hands of those organizations working to meet the needs of our communities this summer.”

After three people were killed over the span of three days in Chinatown and Pilsen earlier this year, Ald. Byron Sigcho-Lopez (25th) announced plans to bring together community groups to reduce violence in his district.

Sigcho-Lopez said neighborhood groups like St. Paul’s Parish and Pilsen Neighbors and local schools worked together to formulate plans.

Hundreds of young athletes shut down Columbus Drive Downtown to play in a huge basketball tournament to reduce violence throughout the summer.

The tournament is part of anti-violence program Hoops in the Hood, which gives young people ages 8-19 the opportunity to play basketball to stay safe and occupied. Bulls alumni Bob Love and Mickey Johnson joined the tournament.

Mothers Against Senseless Killings took over the corner of 75th Street and Stewart Avenue in Englewood, which had long been plagued by gun violence.

The group, led by founder Tamar Manasseh, has stood vigil since 2015, transforming a once-neglected, violence-plagued corner into a place where sidewalk chalk meets smoke-filled grills. Their vigilance led to a drop in violence on the corner.

The group has also built a pop-up school and routinely holds programming for youth on the corner.

Black Chicagoans were harassed by some people in Latino neighborhoods amid looting and vandalism after the killing of Floyd — but organizers and local leaders quickly partnered to bridge the divide and promote peace.

At a rally at UIC Forum, a coalition of Black and Latino leaders aimed to spread a message of unity. The same night in Pilsen, organizers of a peaceful protest aimed to show solidarity with Chicago’s Black community after the police killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

Then, people united at another rally under the 26th Street arches.

There’s already been changes: A coalition of Latino organizers formed the Brown Squad For Black Lives, and a Black and Brown Unity food pantry was held. Black Lives Matter banners were also put up at Little Village’s iconic arch.
    https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/06...ime-heres-how/

Crazy that none of the right wing media you consume told you about any of this happening when they love to ask that question, isn't it? I wonder what super mysterious reason they might have for not informing you about these things. Or why you don't have even a shred of intellectual curiosity to go out and find them yourself.

It's almost like you've reached a conclusion and then are happy to continue consuming media that reinforces that conclusion.

Anyway, let me know how many more times I'll have to repeat this to you, yeah?

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

that is one that came to mind. I know you and i have had this conversation where I have given them credit before.

police are ambushed, police that did nothing wrong, and BLM here says they are not heroes.
    BLM is here to say we shouldn't reflexively treat police like heroes, just as we shouldn't reflexively treat blacks as suspects. You have yet to show that they're wrong on either of those.

"I was disagreeing with a friend about politics last night. I got so annoyed that I bear-sprayed him and beat him with a flagpole. I was surprised when he objected since we were obviously engaging in legitimate political discourse.”" - @SarahLongwell25

"PIG IN A BLANKET....FRY EM LIKE BACON"..... Black Lives Matter Theme Song. SICKENING

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    "PIG IN A BLANKET....FRY EM LIKE BACON"..... Black Lives Matter Theme Song. SICKENING
    Yeah, just look at what these thugs did to the cops!

Them Antifas are bad, bad dudes!
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

It's comical how shameless you are.

Remember when Parkland students demonstrated against gun violence after someone murdered their classmates and then right-wingers did everything they could to attack them?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tutions-hoaxes

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/27/u...-gonzalez.html

But it's not like blacks have done things like this and then been ignored by liars like you, right?

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/06...ime-heres-how/

Crazy that none of the right wing media you consume told you about any of this happening when they love to ask that question, isn't it? I wonder what super mysterious reason they might have for not informing you about these things. Or why you don't have even a shred of intellectual curiosity to go out and find them yourself.

It's almost like you've reached a conclusion and then are happy to continue consuming media that reinforces that conclusion.

Anyway, let me know how many more times I'll have to repeat this to you, yeah?
    you mean I'm right in at least something was done, compared to nothing, where I never said nothing was being done.

I am the one before that covered what Black Lives Matter did do for a murdered black child, stop playing like you think you have something here.

the undeniable point is this type of action does not get anywhere close to the attention, media coverage, or outrage as when it's the police shooting someone black justified or not.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BLM is here to say we shouldn't reflexively treat police like heroes, just as we shouldn't reflexively treat blacks as suspects. You have yet to show that they're wrong on either of those.
    police that were ambushed that is happening far too often, did not do ****. millions of police are heroes and these imbeciles from BLM do not want trolls like you to call them heroes that they are.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

typical, deflecting from reality because it hurts your side.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you mean I'm right in at least something was done, compared to nothing, where I never said nothing was being done.

I am the one before that covered what Black Lives Matter did do for a murdered black child, stop playing like you think you have something here.

the undeniable point is this type of action does not get anywhere close to the attention, media coverage, or outrage as when it's the police shooting someone black justified or not.
    Get this straight: no one ever means that "you are right", you ****ing dunce.