Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 622 of 637 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624632 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 9541
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And if you look at statistics, blacks commit more crimes, per capita than any other race does.
    I am not, in any way, saying that there are not atrocities committed against blacks by police officers, but I have heard from some that cops are out "hunting" blacks, which is not a true statement.
    This is a subtle distinction that has a profound impact on the point: blacks are arrested and convicted for more crimes, per capita, than any other race.

That does not necessarily mean they commit more crimes. For example, studies and surveys have consistently found that black and white people use drugs at the same rates (well, whites actually slightly higher), yet black people are disproportionately arrested and convicted of drug-related offenses.

Thus, it's circular logic. Targeting and arresting more black people creates the rationale needed to target and arrest more black people.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is a subtle distinction that has a profound impact on the point: blacks are arrested and convicted for more crimes, per capita, than any other race.

That does not necessarily mean they commit more crimes. For example, studies and surveys have consistently found that black and white people use drugs at the same rates (well, whites actually slightly higher), yet black people are disproportionately arrested and convicted of drug-related offenses.

Thus, it's circular logic. Targeting and arresting more black people creates the rationale needed to target and arrest more black people.
    Yup.

And now the right are trying to use what happened to keep poor people in jail longer. One person did something while out on bail, so we need to keep everyone in jail if they can't afford bail. I guess they figure if you can afford bail, you won't commit any other crimes while you're out because.. money, I guess?

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemic”" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    And if you look at statistics, blacks commit more crimes, per capita than any other race does.
    I am not, in any way, saying that there are not atrocities committed against blacks by police officers, but I have heard from some that cops are out "hunting" blacks, which is not a true statement.
    I will just direct you to read Nate’s post. It perfectly counters this whole nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    The first part ignores the fact that white people are overwhelmingly more of the population than blacks. The ratio of blacks killed by police is disproportionate.

Second, you talk about the cop being "smaller and less physically impressive," but neglect to mention that he was in a vehicle.

Third, Wilson called for backup before he even spoke to them.

Also the grand jury process was an absolute farce, and is a large part of the reason McCulloch is a former prosecutor now.
    How do you explain this

according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 percent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008. Only 45 percent of the offenders were white

During that time 13% of the population is black yet they committed 52% of all total homicides so again they are gonna have more dangerous encounters with the police

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://news.yale.edu/2020/10/27/rac...d-over-5-years

If you don't think that number is problematic, I don't know what to tell you. The higher number of encounters with cops and subsequent violence also comes from the significant amount of racial profiling that is done. Why are white armed perpetrators seeing a decrease in being killed by cops btw while there have been no changes and in some cases, increases with those deaths among minorities?
    Blacks committed 50% of all total homicides while only being 13% of the population yet you think there’s a huge amount of profiling that is done?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post

Maybe that’s the case for drugs but again if you look at total murders they committed over 50% of all total homicides while being 13% of population. Look what happens in the inner cities of Chicago, Baltimore etc every weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Blacks committed 50% of all total homicides while only being 13% of the population yet you think there’s a huge amount of profiling that is done?

I didnt know murder was the only crime that existed. There are only hundreds of other crimes black people are more likely to be profiled in regard to. You do realize that profiling exists outside of people who are actually guilty of crimes, correct?

This doesn't make the point you hope it does.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-29-2021 at 10:33 AM.

How do you explain this

according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 percent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008. Only 45 percent of the offenders were white

During that time 13% of the population is black yet they committed 52% of all total homicides so again they are gonna have more dangerous encounters with the police

Did you know that the rate of murders the police solved in 2019 was only 69%? That's overall, though. If you live in, say, Washington DC? 1 in 3 murders are solved.

So what I would say is that you're trying to draw conclusions from what is, at best, incomplete data. When the are places in the country where more murders are unsolved than solved, how can you possibly say who is doing more?

Beyond that, though, you're trying to draw a corollary between homicides and violent encounters with police, without showing that one exists.

Maybe that’s the case for drugs but again if you look at total murders they committed over 50% of all total homicides while being 13% of population. Look what happens in the inner cities of Chicago, Baltimore etc every weekend

How about the traffic stops, giving out more tickets in black areas than white, the overly aggressive tactic used, the growing white nationalism, and militarism in the police force. Not to mention the cost police misconduct has had on city budgets from them losing court cases.

The sad thing is, that poor whites have the same problems with the police which don't gets the national headlines. In some rural areas, the crime rate is just as high, percentage-wise, as in parts of Chicago. That isn't focused on or the fact that republican cities are experiencing increase crime as well by republicans since they associate crime with Democratic cities. In Illinois and Kentucky, the federal government had to step in close the whole police district due to corruption. Kentucky is a republican state. We just had a case of police telling the shooters to just go home and leave the body.

You can keep pointing out the problems in severely poor black neighborhoods, but you can't deny that the police force needs some serious fine-tuning.

Oh, are we going to have fun when the republicans take over.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Did you know that the rate of murders the police solved in 2019 was only 69%? That's overall, though. If you live in, say, Washington DC? 1 in 3 murders are solved.

So what I would say is that you're trying to draw conclusions from what is, at best, incomplete data. When the are places in the country where more murders are unsolved than solved, how can you possibly say who is doing more?

Beyond that, though, you're trying to draw a corollary between homicides and violent encounters with police, without showing that one exists.
    Yup and that's assuming we know how many black people are profiled in relation to said crime. I'd put money on the fact that ten of thousands of encounters happen with between cops and black people when the latter has committed no crime and just "fit the description" or better yet their vehicle does. Then think about all the minor infractions that lead to escalated violence. Given the discourse that exists between cops and black communities, how many of those encounters end up in violent occurrences? Its easy for white people to talk because they never experience those situations solely based on race.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-29-2021 at 11:44 AM.

The Republican party and its base clearly see Blacks as the problem and I am sure they will overlook any police 'misconduct" committed because that is just a part of maintaining Law&Order. Any blowback will be handled as well.
    Last edited by WES445; 11-29-2021 at 10:45 AM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Not the entire movement. Just what you choose to pay attention to in biased media. How ironic, right?

And it doesn't change the fact that there are real issues that cause the death of black people in disproportion to other races. Saying "All lives matter" as a retort to "black lives matter" ignores those issues and trivializes the racism that exists. How can all lives matter if you willfully choose to ignore those discrepancies?
    I said flawed, not bad.
    flawed because there are some that always use names of justified shootings.

all lives matter is inclusive, includes everyone.

"black lives matter" doesn't even include all black lives, it was only intended for incidents involving police.

has Black Lives Matter been against abortion? where is that protesting?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lets-ta...ate-1531263697
    Let’s Talk About the Black Abortion Rate
    In New York City, thousands more black babies are aborted each year than born alive.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/06/u...-missouri.html
    black women continue to have the highest abortion rate at 27.1 per 1,000 women compared with 10 per 1,000 for white women

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

When did you become so intellectually dishonest? Or maybe this isn't a new thing for you?
    if you think anyone ever saying all lives matter is a counter to black lives matter, you were gullible to what you were told.

some believe in all lives, equality, that all lives matter.. not a counter to black lives matter.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-the-sign-down
    A New Jersey business owner said he won't take down an “All Lives Matter” banner from his store until “the looting and burning stops."
    "I consider everybody in this country — black, white, yellow — we're all the same," Corelli said. "When this looting and burning down cities, destroying police officers' equipment — I just got to the point I said, 'I can’t do it anymore. I’ve got to make a statement.'"

with the rise in anti Asian hate, it would be better to have all lives matter and not just black lives matter which would obviously ignore Asian lives.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, why don't they just wait until the authorities decide whether or not it was okay to shoot someone? It's not like they've ever wronged black people in this country.
    the rioting in Kenosha was after the justified shooting of Jacob Blake. Jacob Blake was in the wrong, he was armed with a knife, there was a warrant for his arrest.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I said flawed, not bad.
    flawed because there are some that always use names of justified shootings.

all lives matter is inclusive, includes everyone.

"black lives matter" doesn't even include all black lives, it was only intended for incidents involving police.

has Black Lives Matter ever said anything about abortion?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lets-ta...ate-1531263697

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/06/u...-missouri.html
    No "all lives matter" is not inclusive. You think it is but its not. And black women have a higher chance of being impoverished, raped, physically abused, etc so of course, there are mitigating factors to being pro life or pro choice. Those are pretty practical reasons why someone wouldn't want to have a child or bring up a child in those very difficult set of circumstances. Its got to be great to look at this solely through a white suburban man's eyes though. Just villainize those you've had little experience dealing with or for that matter understand the differing circumstances in which many minorities live under.
    Last edited by metswon69; 11-29-2021 at 12:04 PM.