Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 605 of 615 FirstFirst ... 105505555595603604605606607 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,075 of 9218
  1. #9061
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,942
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the context is that many are unaware that white people are shot and killed by police at all. I've seen the narrative on social media. too many people are morons and only aware of what media covers, which is almost exclusively black people being shot and killed by police. they don't know the statistics. that is why some that do know say hey guess what this is who is also being shot and killed.
    White people represent 62% of the American population. Black people make up 13%. It stands to reason that more white people will be killed by cops because they outnumber black people by almost 5 to 1. Its a nonsense fact. The odds of being shot and killed by a cop are significantly higher if you are black though.

    Racist cops are good for ratings. Not saying even most shootings are unjustified but we have seen a lot of white cops killing black people unnecessarily as of the last so many years.

  2. #9062
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You are a broken ****ing record.
    hysterical.

    you do not post **** about politics, what do you do here all day. you're obsessed, you can't stop.

    prove me wrong, post about politics or leave me alone.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  3. #9063
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Are black peoples or white oriole affected more by racism. Is it close?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've covered this before. black people are impacted by racism far more than white people, but that does not mean that white people are not victims of racism. racism is wrong, period, regardless who it is against.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  4. #9064
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    White people represent 62% of the American population. Black people make up 13%. It stands to reason that more white people will be killed by cops because they outnumber black people by almost 5 to 1. Its a nonsense fact. The odds of being shot and killed by a cop are significantly higher if you are black though.

    Racist cops are good for ratings. Not saying even most shootings are unjustified but we have seen a lot of white cops killing black people unnecessarily as of the last so many years.
    debatable, and that has also been a problem. some conclude that a shooting of someone black was wrong regardless of details, just like the white police that was vilified by LeBron James after a justified shooting.

    the issue with why people bring up the statistics is not who is happening to more, it's that people are unaware that it's happening to white people at all.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  5. #9065
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    what would the media coverage be if a Republican was a member of an all white club.

    racism, overwhelming racism, with the left throwing typical from a Republican.

    when it's a Democrat? nothing that I've seen.


    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...b-rhode-island
    Rhode Island senator defends membership to all-white club, cites 'tradition'
    Rhode Island Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse defended his family’s decadeslong membership to an all-white private club in his home state.

    The Democrat called the all-white clubs in Rhode Island “a long tradition” and defended his membership to Bailey’s Beach Club in Newport last Friday during an interview with news outlet GoLocal.

    “It's a long tradition in Rhode Island, and there are many of them, and I think we just need to work our way through the issues, thank you,” he said.

    “I think the people who are running the place are still working on that, and I’m sorry it hasn't happened yet,” Whitehouse added when he was asked if the club had admitted any minorities since the local outlet uncovered the issue of the club’s demographics four years ago.


    there is a conversation to be had here whether this club is racist or maybe slow to make changes, as well as this from a Democrat compared to a Republican.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  6. #9066
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,942
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    debatable, and that has also been a problem. some conclude that a shooting of someone black was wrong regardless of details, just like the white police that was vilified by LeBron James after a justified shooting.

    the issue with why people bring up the statistics is not who is happening to more, it's that people are unaware that it's happening to white people at all.
    That's not debatable. I'm not one who thinks details are irrelevant though. Not everything is racially motivated but black people have very different experiences with cops than white people do. Something you don't probably get being a suburban white Canadian.

    Its still nonsense because its devoid of the climate we are in. Its a statement made to try and level the playing field (your favorite). Except it completely ignores the reasons in which cops may be more likely to kill black people and why so many of those encounters end up deadly.

  7. #9067
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,930
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I've covered this before. black people are impacted by racism far more than white people, but that does not mean that white people are not victims of racism. racism is wrong, period, regardless who it is against.
    Then why do you post so much about the latter and not the former?

  8. #9068
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,231
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    hysterical. [emoji23]

    you do not post **** about politics, what do you do here all day. you're obsessed, you can't stop.

    prove me wrong, post about politics or leave me alone.
    Sorry, I don't enter in to stupid games with obsessive weirdos online.

  9. #9069
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's not debatable. I'm not one who thinks details are irrelevant though. Not everything is racially motivated but black people have very different experiences with cops than white people do. Something you don't probably get being a suburban white Canadian.

    Its still nonsense because its devoid of the climate we are in. Its a statement made to try and level the playing field (your favorite). Except it completely ignores the reasons in which cops may be more likely to kill black people and why so many of those encounters end up deadly.
    I agree.

    you are not getting the point. when some say police shoot white people more, the push back from some on social media is that is simply not happening. some do not think the police are doing that, which is contradicted by the statistics. that is why statistics are mentioned, to say to the idiots that want to deny it, see this is happening too.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  10. #9070
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then why do you post so much about the latter and not the former?
    because it's already known and established. nobody is arguing against that, or at least shouldn't be.

    some are still dumb enough to think that black people simply can not be racist, or that white people can not be the victims of racism.

    we know racism against black people has been an ongoing problem, media loves to talk about it. other racism such as impacted white people, not so much.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  11. #9071
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sorry, I don't enter in to stupid games with obsessive weirdos online.
    you just quoted me yet again with nothing related to politics. you can not stop, this is your obsession. you proved me right.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    hysterical.

    you do not post **** about politics, what do you do here all day. you're obsessed, you can't stop.

    prove me wrong, post about politics or leave me alone.

    try again. you will win if you do the bold. don't quote me, don't talk about me, or post something about politics related to any discussion.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  12. #9072
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    60,231
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sorry, I don't enter in to stupid games with obsessive weirdos online.
    ^^^^

  13. #9073
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,942
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I agree.

    you are not getting the point. when some say police shoot white people more, the push back from some on social media is that is simply not happening. some do not think the police are doing that, which is contradicted by the statistics. that is why statistics are mentioned, to say to the idiots that want to deny it, see this is happening too.
    I get your point. The motivations behind shooting black people and white people can be vastly different however. How often are white people being killed by cops for the reasons of racism or because of preconceived racist stereotypes? Hardly any. The odds are overwhelming that a white person killed by a cop is killed because of the actions of said white perpetrator.

    With black people that's not nearly the same. The likelihood of you being killed by a cop (most of which are white) go up dramatically just based on the color of your skin. That's a problem. The ends dont always justify the means and a big part of that is cops come into a job with certain beliefs that may lead to more violent altercations with people of color. I'm not saying every time a cop kills a black person its unjustified. I'm saying cops need to learn better discretion and that comes with more training, more diversity in hiring, more community involvement, better education, etc.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-21-2021 at 04:43 PM.

  14. #9074
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,930
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    because it's already known and established. nobody is arguing against that, or at least shouldn't be.

    some are still dumb enough to think that black people simply can not be racist, or that white people can not be the victims of racism.

    we know racism against black people has been an ongoing problem, media loves to talk about it. other racism such as impacted white people, not so much.
    There are people in this very forum that are arguing against that. Maybe you should correct them.

  15. #9075
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I get your point. The motivations behind shooting black people and white people can be vastly different however. How often are white people being killed by cops for the reasons of racism or because of preconceived racist stereotypes? Hardly any. The odds are overwhelming that a white person killed by a cop is killed because of the actions of said white perpetrator.

    With black people that's not nearly the same. The likelihood of you being killed by a cop (most of which are white) go up dramatically just based on the color of your skin. That's a problem. The ends dont always justify the means and a big part of that is cops come into a job with certain beliefs that may lead to more violent altercations with people of color. I'm not saying every time a cop kills a black person its unjustified. I'm saying cops need to learn better discretion and that comes with more training, more diversity in hiring, more community involvement, better education, etc.
    this could be a problem, that the perception is police are only or even mostly killing black people for nothing other than race.

    I could see there are more incidents of police shooting someone black where race did play a role, but too often some jump to the conclusion that that was the only reason. the one recent shooting where the police mistakenly used her gun instead of a taser, was that racially motivated, or more likely because the person that happened to be black was resisting and not complying. that happens too and some only want to conclude it was racial.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •