Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 601 of 615 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 9218
  1. #9001
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I’ve already said that people in itself are racist or prejudice. If you see a guy walking down the street with an gun people will call the cops. Even though it’s an open carry state and is legal. People in general are stupid and call cops for the dumbest things. But again cops are called and they hear “burglary in progress” they’re going to come rushing to the scene and have their guns ready. It doesn’t matter if you’re black or white. Cop should have never asked him to stop recording though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The problem is the assumption that's what those 2 black men were there for. It's also not a good sign that one of the officers had his rifle drawn, telling one of the locksmith to stop recording. I don't think you understand that. To you its completely justified because a burglary in process was already called in. Nor do I understand your comparison of someone walking the street with a gun. Is that remotely comparable to someone working on a lock? Those two things don't seem to present the same amount of danger but here we are referring to them in the same breath like it might.

  2. #9002
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,901
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The problem is the assumption that's what those 2 black men were there for. It's also not a good sign that one of the officers had his rifle drawn, telling one of the locksmith to stop recording. I don't think you understand that. To you its completely justified because a burglary in process was already called in. Nor do I understand your comparison of someone walking the street with a gun. Is that remotely comparable to someone working on a lock? Those two things don't seem to present the same amount of danger but here we are referring to them in the same breath like it might.
    My point is people will always assume things. If you’re in a white neighborhood with very few black people around and you see people messing with a lock people suck and are going to assume the worst and call police. It’s definitely not right nor am I trying to defend the actions of whoever called it in. We as humans will always assume the worst in things or the worst in people.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #9003
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    18,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    We as humans will always assume the worst in things or the worst in people.
    This is where your life philosophy is wrong. That isn't how all human think, its what some humans think. Not all of us are convinced everyone is out to get us.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  4. #9004
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,606

    This is why they kneel

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    That’s a lot of firepower? Have you ever been to a scene for a burglary call? Also, people always assume certain things when they see things.

    Mark Cuban even said if it was dark at night and he saw a group of black people wearing a hoodie he would walk on the other side. Or if you are in a “black neighborhood” and you see a white person walking through it people are going to look at them weird or tell them to get the hell out. Or if a person is walking down the street carrying a rifle cops are going to be called to the scene even if what they are doing is not against the law.

    People in general always assume stuff like that. It’s wrong but it’s always been like that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You assume you are going to get yelled at and told to get the **** out if you go to a black neighborhood? If so that is weird. That said you are right it wasn’t the cops who called the cops on this guy. I couldn’t get the videos to play so I don’t know how they acted but the copper showed bc someone called them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-30-2021 at 10:00 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #9005
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,989
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You assume you are going to get yelled at and told to get the **** out if you go to a black neighborhood? If so that is weird. That said you are right it wasn’t the cops who called the cops on this guy. I couldn’t get the videos to play so I don’t know how they acted but the copper showed bc someone called them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/st...17788111396870

    https://twitter.com/iBlack_Prince/st...61182758068225

    Maybe that video works.

  6. #9006
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,606
    That guy rolling up with the shut gun was weird as ****.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #9007
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    My point is people will always assume things. If you’re in a white neighborhood with very few black people around and you see people messing with a lock people suck and are going to assume the worst and call police. It’s definitely not right nor am I trying to defend the actions of whoever called it in. We as humans will always assume the worst in things or the worst in people.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But it's not true. Pessimists might see the world that way, but that doesn't make it normal or right.

  8. #9008
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,930
    The fact that people are so quick to call the cops on black people thereby putting both the cops and the black person in a dangerous situation off of prejudice and assumption is a big reason why people are protesting.
    Last edited by valade16; 05-31-2021 at 09:35 PM.

  9. #9009
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,637
    "I assume racist and horrible things about people so everyone else does, so there is nothing we can do about racism or injustice."

    --Brewers, telling on himself for the 500th time.

  10. #9010
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,356
    Racism doesn’t exist. Don’t believe your lying eyes!

    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...mpression=true

  11. #9011
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Racism doesn’t exist. Don’t believe your lying eyes!

    https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...mpression=true
    where did anyone say racism doesn't exist.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  12. #9012
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,356
    Calling out all the usual bull**** nice and quick.

    https://twitter.com/tomthunkitsmind/...551857669?s=21

  13. #9013
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,901
    “Many” and the bed using one example


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #9014
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,356
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    “Many” and the bed using one example


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    One example here. There are far more examples out there.

  15. #9015
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,901
    Let’s name specific examples then! And isn’t that the point of the job is to not to shoot them even if they don’t comply?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •