Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 575 of 615 FirstFirst ... 75475525565573574575576577585 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 9218
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Your words are painting a mighty interesting picture. Thanks for sharing. Sorry you git grief for it but I find it fascinating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't tell him, I know I had a draft card, but I don't remember when I got it or the surrounding events around that time. But, then again don't remember parts of many of the concerts I went to but that was probably because I stone out of my mind. Attending but bits and pieces are gone, unless it really stood out, like getting stone and drunk with some Mexicans sitting next to us during a Sanatana concert or cops walking around not arresting people they saw smoking pot. At a Led Zepplin concert, I got up stone to go to the bathroom and thought I morphed into a police station there were so many cops standing around in the halls. We knew they had to getting a contact high. Those arenas had its own cloud and weather patterns from so much pot smoke.

I don't mind him. He can't even remember my post correctly to diss them.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    My dad tells a much different story being born in 1956 and signing up in 1974.

By 72 and 73 Vietnam casualties weren't anything compared to early in the war. But if you were born in 1952 you would have been drafted in 1970 when over 6k troops died. I can understand the fear of going in then.

In 1973 a total of 68 troops died. The war was not as scary by then. My dad always talks like it wasn't really a big fear by that time. And that the war was heading to a close.

He would sign up for the Air Force and spend 6 years in Holland.
    1965 to 1975 might as well have been 100 years rather than 10, things were so different. Also, at age 16, I had no idea what things would be like at age 20 (and, yes, it did turn out to be very, very different).

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    1965 to 1975 might as well have been 100 years rather than 10, things were so different. Also, at age 16, I had no idea what things would be like at age 20 (and, yes, it did turn out to be very, very different).
    Here is the only thing I may have gotten wrong. Wasn't registered cards consider a draft card? We all had to register around eighteen with selective service. Maybe I getting two things confused here.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Here is the only thing I may have gotten wrong. Wasn't registered cards consider a draft card? We all had to register around eighteen with selective service. Maybe I getting two things confused here.
    I still have all of mine (including when I was classified 1-A). My registration card is dated exactly three weeks after my 18th birthday. My actual first draft card arrived six months later.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I still have all of mine (including when I was classified 1-A). My registration card is dated exactly three weeks after my 18th birthday. My actual first draft card arrived six months later.
    Then it is my bad that I got the two mixed up with my old arse. Crap, I feel like a baboon. Damn, I owe someone I don't like an apology on this one.

Thanks for the correction as I wipe the egg off my face. I burn my register card then. I wouldn't blame people for laughing. I would if it wasn't me who confusing the two later in life.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-23-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I have plenty of empathy for Malcolm's struggles. I just think it's a bit rich to call him a hero 60 years later and celebrate him as if he was a core civil rights member. He constantly spoke against mlks movement.

Especially when you're pushing a left ideology. Dude was a far right extremist that mirrored the very people he condemned. Especially when Wes in the past has shown he has 0 empathy for people who don't share his skin tone.

To me Wes has a consistent view. He sets a different standard based on skin color. You're allowed a different set of moral standards. Which I oppose.

I'm not going to pretend racism against whites is anywhere near the level of an issue. But I'm sure as hell not going to find the lack of morals and ethics acceptable.
    Of course I see him as a hero, he played a major role in civil rights. He had a voice that many black people listened to, and this scared white people, scared them enough to the point that they started elevating mlk in order to bury malcolm. I dont think mlk would have accomplished much without the nation on the scene.

I've never seen him set a diff standard based on color. I've seen him ACKNOWLEDGE diff standards based on color. But those standards came from the status quo, not wes.

And yes, of.course diff people have diff sets of standards. If a people is relegated to second class citizenry then of course I will apply a diff standard to them than if they were not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I question whether you pay attention to media/social media. the narrative is that white people are the problem, white people are the ones committing these anti Asian hate crimes, and of course because of what Trump said. ignore anything that contradicts that like the actual statistics, or media early on in Covid19 calling it the Wuhan virus.

what I post is to counter and contradict that narrative that is wrong.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...cy/4769268001/

white supremacy is not what is driving anti Asian hate.

same article..

the bold is simply not true. anyone of any race can experience racism.
    The media narrative is that many trump supporters are racist. That is true

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

you're just being ignorant.

it's not racist to want attention for other black lives.

I want attention for black lives lost, but that's racist? GTFO.
    Its not racist to want attention for black victims.

It IS racist to constantly downplay those black victims and you use them to attack black equality movement

Yes its racist. It's also just generally disgusting behavior on your part.
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-23-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Lost my wallet and a week later the police sent it back to me minus postage. .
    Canada! Nice..

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Of course I see him as a hero, he played a major role in civil rights. He had a voice that many black people listened to, and this scared white people, scared them enough to the point that they started elevating mlk in order to bury malcolm. I dont think mlk would have accomplished much without the nation on the scene.

I've never seen him set a diff standard based on color. I've seen him ACKNOWLEDGE diff standards based on color. But those standards came from the status quo, not wes.

And yes, of.course diff people have diff sets of standards. If a people is relegated to second class citizenry then of course I will apply a diff standard to them than if they were not.

Bad cop, good cop. I would love to be the fly on the wall when these guys got together and talk. I am sure the FBI has the tape on the meeting. They wired tap every gotta damn leftist and infiltrated their organization back then.

Will Rogers

The media narrative is that many trump supporters are racist. That is true

what is many.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, I'm sure there are people that support Trump that are racist. that has nothing to do with any of this, so I don't know why you want to deflect to this when this doesn't contradict what I said.

either there are people other than being white that are committing hate against Asians, or not. what do the statistics I provided say?

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Its not racist to want attention for black victims.

It IS racist to constantly downplay those black victims and you use them to attack black equality movement

Yes its racist. It's also just generally disgusting behavior on your part.

I'm not downplaying black victims, actual black victims and not media perception of who is/was a victim.

Ma'Khia Bryant for example wasn't a victim. she was the aggressor, shot trying to stab another black girl. why does the life of that other black girl not matter.

\_(ツ)_/

what is many.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was true, I'm sure there are people that support Trump that are racist. that has nothing to do with any of this, so I don't know why you want to deflect to this when this doesn't contradict what I said.

either there are people other than being white that are committing hate against Asians, or not. what do the statistics I provided say?
    If significant portion of trump supporters are racist, and we have issues with racism in this country, then I'm not deflecting, I'm explaining.

I'm not downplaying black victims, actual black victims and not media perception of who is/was a victim.

Ma'Khia Bryant for example wasn't a victim. she was the aggressor, shot trying to stab another black girl. why does the life of that other black girl not matter.
    Yes, you are downplaying black victims because you are only bringing them up to try and dismiss black equality movement. That's racist. You're being racist. Stop it.

If significant portion of trump supporters are racist, and we have issues with racism in this country, then I'm not deflecting, I'm explaining.

if you think it's a significant portion then that is your bias.

\_(ツ)_/