Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 563 of 605 FirstFirst ... 63463513553561562563564565573 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 9074
  1. #8431
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    5,501
    I clearly have no idea how the judicial system works? Interesting. I do understand how our judicial system works. Perhaps the prosecution does not have to prove intent, but they definitely have to prove their case -- They did so to the satisfaction of the jury. Dereck Chauvin was found guilty on all charges. I do not have a problem with their verdict.
    Last edited by catman; 04-20-2021 at 11:19 PM.

  2. #8432
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I clearly have no idea how the judicial system works? Interesting. I do understand how our judicial system works.
    You seem to argue just to do so. Are you a lawyer or something?
    Are you going to pivot off of the fact you've now said 3 times there needs to be intent?

    Or how you seemed to think Chauvins could get a not guilty verdict because of a comment from Maxine Waters?

    The 2 things the prosecution had to really prove here was...

    1. Felonious assault. Which is hard to prove against cops because it's a necessity for them to carry the threat of violence that they need to do their job. So they have built in justification. However the fact other cops there and the chief of police of Minnesota (who deserve massive credit for breaking the norm agreeing with prosecutors)said that this was an agregous violation of policy, destroys the defense.

    2. Chauvins actions caused Floyd's death. If it turned out Floyd died from an OD, Chauvin walks. Only dumb Trump supporters who have never seem an OD in their life think this.

    Are you a lawyer?

    But I can't stand someone who comes in a thread acting like they hate violence but seem more concerned with possible property damage than a cop that murdered someone.

    You coming in saying "are you willing to accept a not guilty verdict".

    No I'm not. And if you're Mr Anti Violence you shouldn't be either.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-20-2021 at 11:32 PM.

  3. #8433
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    16,335
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Are you going to pivot off of the fact you've now said 3 times there needs to be intent?

    Or how you seemed to think Chauvins could get a not guilty verdict because of a comment from Maxine Waters?

    The 2 things the prosecution had to really prove here was...

    1. Felonious assault. Which is hard to prove against cops because it's a necessity for them to carry the threat of violence that they need to do their job. So they have built in justification. However the fact other cops there and the chief of police of Minnesota (who deserve massive credit for breaking the norm agreeing with prosecutors)said that this was an agregous violation of policy, destroys the defense.

    2. Chauvins actions caused Floyd's death. If it turned out Floyd died from an OD, Chauvin walks. Only dumb Trump supporters who have never seem an OD in their life think this.

    Are you a lawyer?

    But I can't stand someone who comes in a thread acting like they hate violence but seem more concerned with possible property damage than a cop that murdered someone.

    You coming in saying "are you willing to accept a not guilty verdict".

    No I'm not. And if you're Mr Anti Violence you shouldn't be either.
    Only dumb trump supporters never saw someone OD in person. Lol. You can't make this addiction up.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

  4. #8434
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    18,044
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    I was answering your statement about manslaughter being the toughest to prove. It was the easiest.
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    You keep saying they "proved intent". You don't need intent to be charged with murder to the 2nd degree. The prosecution didn't provide evidence for intent because they never argued it.

    Please don't lecture me on how the judicial system is suppose to work when you clearly have no idea. You came into this thinking winning an appeal would end up in a not guilty verdict.
    Catman is wrong 90% of the time

    But you are the wrong one here.

    All crimes must prove intent, otherwise it isn't a crime. Manslaughter is not more difficult to prove than murder.

    Intent was proven here on thee highest charge (2nd Degree murder)

    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    But I can't stand someone who comes in a thread acting like they hate violence but seem more concerned with possible property damage than a cop that murdered someone..
    This part is correct
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  5. #8435
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Catman is wrong 90% of the time

    But you are the wrong one here.

    All crimes must prove intent, otherwise it isn't a crime. Manslaughter is not more difficult to prove than murder.

    Intent was proven here on thee highest charge (2nd Degree murder)



    This part is correct
    Intent to commit an act not an intended outcome. You don't need to have intended to kill someone to be charged with murder.

    I misspoke a bit. 3rd degree is harder to prove on this case than 2nd.

    But it's hard to see manslaughter and not 2nd degree in this case. As proving the felonious assault would be a byproduct of proving manslaughter.

    Edit: So unless you're telling me catman thinks Chauvin accidentally knelt on Floyd's neck for 8 mins ... Intent is not relevant.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-21-2021 at 12:16 AM.

  6. #8436
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,759
    Y’all ready for another one? Cops in Colombus, Ohio shot and killed a 15 year old black girl today...she is the one that called them for help, she was trying to fight off two girls who had been attacking her at her house...cops pull up, she has a knife, trying to fight off the two girls, cops open fire and shoot her five times...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #8437
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,833
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Only dumb trump supporters never saw someone OD in person. Lol. You can't make this addiction up.
    "Only dumb Trump supporters WHO never have seen an OD".

    Make this addiction up? Lol.

  8. #8438
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    58,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    You must agree with Pelosi’s comments eh?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did. Thought her hair looked good too


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #8439
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    Dereck Chauvin was found guilty on all charges. I do not have a problem with their verdict.
    Obviously you dont, why the hell would you??

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-21-2021 at 02:08 AM.

  10. #8440
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    1
    Hello everyone, please visit my account, this site is fun and educate you on daily life, for more information just click here. https://academy.autodesk.com/users/w88add12

  11. #8441
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,034
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Y’all ready for another one? Cops in Colombus, Ohio shot and killed a 15 year old black girl today...she is the one that called them for help, she was trying to fight off two girls who had been attacking her at her house...cops pull up, she has a knife, trying to fight off the two girls, cops open fire and shoot her five times...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wish I could say this was shocking.

  12. #8442
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,886
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Y’all ready for another one? Cops in Colombus, Ohio shot and killed a 15 year old black girl today...she is the one that called them for help, she was trying to fight off two girls who had been attacking her at her house...cops pull up, she has a knife, trying to fight off the two girls, cops open fire and shoot her five times...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It doesnt matter anymore to be honest... I would not want to be a cop ever and the .5 percent at best that are bad are killing it for the other 99.5 percent that are good.. The 13 year old mexican kid who was out late at night with a gun/shooting a gun and had gun in hand when the cop shot him still was made out to be a victim and the cops the bad guys all because the person they shot wasnt white. Their was protests and the family is claiming how great of a kid he was and he did no wrong.... he was shooting a gun in town late at night at the age of 13 but he is such a great kid that did no wrong.

  13. #8443
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,886
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Obviously you dont, why the hell would you??

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    he should also get the maximum sentence allowed tbh. The **** should it ever be alright to knee down on someones neck.

  14. #8444
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,886
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I wish I could say this was shocking.
    let me ask... what was the cop suppose to do here? He arivves and sees 2 girls fighing 1 girl without weapons while the 1 girl has a knife and now the upper hand and goes to stab the bully? Should the cop just let it happen? Go

    https://wset.com/news/nation-world/p...ting-4-20-2021

    body cam. It sucks really because the girl was defending herself but she was about to kill and the cops that just arrived are suppose to do what? Allow it to happen? Why because these 2 girls tried to jump 1 girl without weapons? So because they did this those girls deserve death but at the same time protests are being made for a cop that chased down a 13 year old who had a gun late at night and shot in the area and had the gun when he was shot all because this stupid notion he is a kid lol

    Also did the cops know which girl was the one being bullied when they arrived? imagine showing up seeing 3 girls fighting and instantly 1 girl has a knife and tries to kill the other?

    the cop arrives and he says whats going on followed by fighting and 1 girl with a knife about to stab and kill the other girl.............................................. ........................ what is the cop suppose to do? What if he sat back and allowed that to happen and that was the bullied girl? welp cops at fault either way amirite?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 04-21-2021 at 05:39 AM.

  15. #8445
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,886
    from the police cam you hear the cop say... she had a knife and the dude trying to kick the girl that got shot when she was on the ground screamed..... wait for it... shes a ****ing kid man... shes a kid. So next time the cop should just allow the so called kid to just knife the other kid because she is a kid? cool.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •