Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 546 of 615 FirstFirst ... 46446496536544545546547548556596 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 9217
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Obviously he didnít deserve to die over his mistakes...
    You keep saying this, but for some odd reason it feels...well, false to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    While I agree many like to try and downplay or ignore that being an officer should come with higher standards/more responsibility I disagree with the weapon point.

In a society like ours with guns so prevalent and everywhere we need those charged with protecting us to have a reasonable chance to stop them/defend themselves and others. It doesnít excuse all use of excessive force but not having guns wouldnít make sense unless you also took them from the population first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should be locked in the trunk. They can also use many of the non-lethal weapons first. Bean bag guns, rubber bullets, tear gas, tasers, etc, etc. Lots of non lethal options out there.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Should be locked in the trunk. They can also use many of the non-lethal weapons first. Bean bag guns, rubber bullets, tear gas, tasers, etc, etc. Lots of non lethal options out there.
    A lot of that isnít going to be effective in the heat of the moment when the other person has a gun.

You canít send them into dangerous situations where they will potentially be shot at without legitimate protection. No one is signing up to go in with a taser to a gun fight.

There are lots of non lethal options but not every scenario gives the time, spacing and ability to use each of those options on a few people with guns to protect yourself in any reasonable way. This would create situations where the public knows cops responding are defenseless too and sets them up for easy deception (group of people that want to kill a cop will know the ones responding initially wonít have a gun)

I been banging this drum for years. Police should not be allowed to carry a deadly weapon on their person. Look at the other situation with the guy in his fatigues that ended up getting pepper sprayed. It was a traffic stop for a license plate. First thing the cop did upon getting out of his car was pull his gun out. That is not deescalating at all.
    I don't have a problem with them having the weapon. But the responsibility needs to be on them to deescalate.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Bro you are deranged.
    I bet I disagree with Brewers on 90% of subjects.

What he's saying right now though is far from "derranged".

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't have a problem with them having the weapon. But the responsibility needs to be on them to deescalate.
    The cop can't come into this situation trying g to deescalate. For all he knows these guys just murdered someone.

He can't go into a situation like this any other way till he knows the 2 suspects are disarmed and no longer a danger.

The results of thus are awful. But it's not like he was that douchey cop threatening the armed forces member to "ride the lightning" on a routine traffic stop.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    The cop can't come into this situation trying g to deescalate. For all he knows these guys just murdered someone.

He can't go into a situation like this any other way till he knows the 2 suspects are disarmed and no longer a danger.

The results of thus are awful. But it's not like he was that douchey cop threatening the armed forces member to "ride the lightning" on a routine traffic stop.
    If the first sentence is the line of thinking, then the only choice is to disband the police. Because thatís a crock of ****. They can always try to deescalate a situation.

If the first sentence is the line of thinking, then the only choice is to disband the police. Because thatís a crock of ****. They can always try to deescalate a situation.
    LOLOLOL.

Disarming people shooting at cars you could say is deescalation.

But if you want him in this situation going " hey guys, can you please not shoot at cars?" Then you're being ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    I bet I disagree with Brewers on 90% of subjects.

What he's saying right now though is far from "derranged".
    If you think he didn't comply with the officer's orders when there's video of him putting his hands up after being told to by the cop then you're deranged.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Life according to Mr. White is just so black & white.

Let's take the death out of the discussion for a bit. This woman reacted wrong to the police pulling her over, but keep watching ... couldn't the police have decided at any point before it went the way it went to just let her go? Couldn't the police look at the situation and decide before it escalated to a physical situation that just taking a step back would better serve the community?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiaX...iceCompilation

Was gonna say something similar. If they have to treat every person as if theyíve committed murder than the shot is so ****ed the only option is to tear it down and start something new and different.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    A lot of that isnít going to be effective in the heat of the moment when the other person has a gun.

You canít send them into dangerous situations where they will potentially be shot at without legitimate protection. No one is signing up to go in with a taser to a gun fight.

There are lots of non lethal options but not every scenario gives the time, spacing and ability to use each of those options on a few people with guns to protect yourself in any reasonable way. This would create situations where the public knows cops responding are defenseless too and sets them up for easy deception (group of people that want to kill a cop will know the ones responding initially wonít have a gun)

You have to play each situation differently. But when a police officers first action during a TRAFFIC STOP is to unholster their weapon, that is a major problem. The police are leading the contact by escalating the situation to the highest of levels.

You have to play each situation differently. But when a police officers first action during a TRAFFIC STOP is to unholster their weapon, that is a major problem. The police are leading the contact by escalating the situation to the highest of levels.
    In many states a cop unholstering their weapon at that point will be charged with assault because that is skipping to the top of the force/threat response pyramid and is, by law, unreasonable force in many states.

Hereís a great read for anyone interested.

https://time.com/5854986/police-refo...-unarmed-guns/

Basically boils down to police in the US use fear to try to police. Other countries use respect.