Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 543 of 606 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553593 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 9087
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I have no idea, that’s why this case is so tough.

I can say I wouldn’t shoot a 13 year old kid who has his hands up and showing them to me empty complying with what I asked. I can say I would fear for my life given these gangster thugs with guns were shooting at cars at 230am and ran away with a gun only to turn and face me.

I can also admit this is a situation you hope the cop can react without killing and have a discussion on what can change when they don’t. I don’t need to choose one of the two extreme options has been my main point to someone like yourself trying to force others into a one or other scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HAHAHAHA.

Yes you are going cower in the corner and judge others decisions. And talk about vague ********.

Don't you think just by the fact that you don't know given time to contemplate it would be irresponsible to punish the cop?

You're so full of **** dude. There are 2 other posters who said you should fire or prosecute the cop and you. You said nothing to them. This is clearly personal for you.

Thanks for coming in this thread and complaining about someone having a clear opinion while you waddle around like an idiot saying.

BUT HES 13!!!!

You have no argument. Sorry for "forcing" you to make a judgement call on a very real scenario instead of making up a more pleasant one you like lololol.

This is why they kneel

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    HAHAHAHA.

Yes you are going cower in the corner and judge others decisions. And talk about vague ********.

Don't you think just by the fact that you don't know given time to contemplate it would be irresponsible to punish the cop?

You're so full of **** dude. There are 2 other posters who said you should fire or prosecute the cop and you. You said nothing to them. This is clearly personal for you.

Thanks for coming in this thread and complaining about someone having a clear opinion while you waddle around like an idiot saying.

BUT HES 13!!!!

You have no argument. Sorry for "forcing" you to make a judgement call on a very real scenario instead of making up a more pleasant one you like lololol.
    Who ever said I was focused on punishing the cop? You are just focused on taking one stance and forcing the idea you can’t think it’s bad someone died basically you have to immediately claim it was only the fault of the dead person (that was shot with empty hands in the air). It’s insane how every topic you are so set on your viewpoint being the only option anyone can agree with.

I said nothing to them because that wasn’t the part of the discussion I was interested in it had been responded to back and forth already. I jumped into a specific part about what to do if a cop say stop out your hands up and you comply. You were being the most insane one telling others how this has to be as far as I can see and my interaction with you has only confirmed. Why would this be personal to me lol? You are the one freaking out about it needing to be seen only the way you have portrayed it and getting mad I include facts into the discussion cause you want your little narrative or whatever.

Last edited by mngopher35; 04-17-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree. The problem is even when a kid has been told many times what to do that doesn't mean they will do it in the moment and the adult in the situation needs to make up some of that deficit.

We want every event to fit in a nice simple mold and they seldom do. Not ever cop is a violent racist intent on domination (though some are), and not every person with a gun or drugs who doesn't immediately obey deserves to be shot.

There is no easy solution no question.
    Agreed. Some people get so riled up by one of the news stations or whatever that they need it to be one narrative or the other when that’s only going to divide.

Leaked Data Reportedly Shows Cops Donated to Kyle Rittenhouse's Legal Defense Fund

A new investigation from The Guardian shows police and other public officials have been financially contributing to the legal defense of Kyle Rittenhouse, the 18-year-old “Kenosha shooter” and rightwing icon currently on trial for the deaths of two people.

Rittenhouse became infamous last summer after traveling from his home in Illinois to Kenosha, Wisconsin, where he disastrously inserted himself into the local political turmoil inspired by a police-involved shooting and ended up killing two people with an AR-15 style rifle.

A recent data breach involving the Christian crowdfunding platform GiveSendGo shows just how much online support the shooter would appear to have in rightwing circles—including some members of our nation’s law enforcement community. Using the platform, Rittenhouse raised upwards of half a million dollars over a period of several months—clearing $586,940 between last August and early January of this year. A certain number of those contributions apparently came from police and other public officials spread throughout the country.

According to The Guardian, the data appears to have included internal comments provided by contributors: “God bless. Thank you for your courage. Keep your head up. You’ve done nothing wrong,” said an internal affairs officer with the Norfolk police department in Virginia, chipping in $25 to Rittenhouse’s defense. “Every rank and file police officer supports you. Don’t be discouraged by actions of the political class of law enforcement leadership.”
    https://gizmodo.com/leaked-data-repo...tte-1846699983

Scumbags.

If a cop is screaming stop and to show your and you put up your hands up and turn slightly sideways to face said officer asking you to show your hands to them that's enough for a cop to fire/shoot? If not then what is your point?

The issue here is people want to jump on one side or the other and not take into consideration the full context. There can be issues with how cops act/overreact when giving orders to people (especially children) while it still not being a situation that's fully their fault. If you expect a 13 year old to act perfectly every time they are confronted by a cop then I would hope you have even higher standard for the cops doing the confronting. If that's the case this is a very nuanced situation where there is some wrong to go around here. What can a kid running from the cops do if they actually want to give up? How can it be done without being shot at? Dropping the gun and putting said hands up? Nope that isn't it...
    As if the cop is supposed to know the kid is 13?

You were just talking about it lol, I literally quoted you doing so. I agree others are pointing a finger at the cop but you were doing the opposite at a 13 year old.

The cops action is what directly lead to his death actually, without it this person would still be alive. The cop is using those actions by the teen to excuse his killing of this 13 year old and that is where nuance comes in to see if it was justified.

My position is this is a very nuanced situation and both officers and the public should have an idea of acceptable standards moving forward. I don't think people only focusing on the teens mistakes like yourself or only blaming the cop are helping things at all and are often being ridiculous. As I have said from the start this is a very nuanced situation.
    Again let’s blame the cop and not the 13 year old who shot at cars at 2:30 AM. His actions didn’t lead to his death?? Sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Again let’s blame the cop and not the 13 year old who shot at cars at 2:30 AM. His actions didn’t lead to his death?? Sure...
    It's not that the kid did nothing wrong, but did he DESERVE to die? If you had him standing in front of you, un-armed, and you had a button in front of you that ends his life knowing what he did that night before the police showed up ... would you push the button and end his life?

Why bother telling him to stop and turn around? Just shoot him in the back 10 minutes earlier, amirite?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

As if the cop is supposed to know the kid is 13?

It doesn't change that it's a fact of the situation. I never said the cop knew that to be the case.

Everyone is choosing to look at this from one side or the other instead of the full context.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 04-17-2021 at 06:01 PM.

I have agreed that the 13 year old kid made mistakes here, you are again making this an either or situation. It is possible that the kid made mistakes but shouldn't have been killed. Further it is possible that despite that the cop shouldn't take on much blame given the situation and how quickly it unfolded/was dangerous.

We won't be able to have any real meaningful conversations if some of you guys are 100% on blaming either or and forcing that approach/opinion on others.

I have agreed that the 13 year old kid made mistakes here, you are again making this an either or situation. It is possible that the kid made mistakes but shouldn't have been killed. Further it is possible that despite that the cop shouldn't take on much blame given the situation and how quickly it unfolded/was dangerous.

We won't be able to have any real meaningful conversations if some of you guys are 100% on blaming either or and forcing that approach/opinion on others.
    This thread is dedicated to police brutality and excessive use of force. You walked into me arguing that the cop shouldn't receive punishment.

And now you're playing the "woe is me" victim card. And that you "just want a conversation".

Every question you asked to was smothered in your own naivity and bias.

You started off saying "the kid slightly turned sideface and the cop shot him". A misrepresentation of the facts. You left out things from your retelling of what happened. Not mentioning the kid ran at first. Trying to paint a picture of the kid being compliant and getting shot for it.

And even though you keep getting called out on it you continuously mention the kids age. Even when asked what you would do in the situation you said " I know I wouldntshoot a 13 year old".

Once again this is a thread about police brutality and excessive use of force. Who is to blame is very important. You're just trying to obfuscate around the actual topic at hand and talk about how nuanced your opinion. You're opinion is we should talk about it even though we are.

In most of these cases I've sided with the victim. This one I side with the cop. No one here is saying "I'm really happy a 13 year old got shot". I'd bet money that cop is not happy about what transpired. You can be sad about the situation and still recognize reality.

Because you just come off as an intellectually dishonest person who is arguing in bad faith. Trying to point the finger at people fir having the audacity to be honest.

Edit: To be clear I'm siding with the opinion that the cop was justified in his actions.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-17-2021 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's not that the kid did nothing wrong, but did he DESERVE to die? If you had him standing in front of you, un-armed, and you had a button in front of you that ends his life knowing what he did that night before the police showed up ... would you push the button and end his life?
    Why is this even being asked? Is anyone saying he's a violent monster who needed to die,?

You guys are trying so hard to manipulate this topic and occurrence.

Did the cop use excessive force her? Given the information he had at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Why bother telling him to stop and turn around? Just shoot him in the back 10 minutes earlier, amirite?
    No one told him to turn around.

Why even watch the video or listen to what happened or read up what happened.

Just blame the cop and move on. Amiright?

In Chicago, at least around 2015, cops werent allowed to chase a fleeing car. It posed too much risk to bystanders. Maybe there needs to be some type of change because if someone is running away and then decides to give up, it should not be a fatal decision.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    In Chicago, at least around 2015, cops werent allowed to chase a fleeing car. It posed too much risk to bystanders. Maybe there needs to be some type of change because if someone is running away and then decides to give up, it should not be a fatal decision.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    You guys are using arguments that are great during a traffic stop. Or someone fleeing a grocery store after stealing a box of ho hos.

No the cops should not be letting people opening fire at cars go about there business.