Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 542 of 615 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 9218
    1. And your hiding behind his age and avoiding the reality of the situation. Using sympathy for him as a staircase to try to take the moral high ground. Because you're too big of a coward to face reality. Sure it's sad. Sure I wish he wasn't killed and had a chance to reform. Sure I wish the environment he grew up in was way better. But at the end of the day he made bad decisions.

2. So him shooting at cars played no role? Cop just wandered down that ally and shot him? And you're using his age that was unknown to the officer as a barrier from real life consequences. Your opinion is completely just pathetic pandering for empathy and social signaling. I mean come on. Any cop would and SHOULD do the same given the information provided to him at the time.

A nuanced situation that you are avoiding the inevitable truth that the cop was completely validated in his actions.

You're whole approach of BS emotional appeals is disingenuous and straight disgusting.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-17-2021 at 03:06 PM.

Instead of scrutinizing something that happened in less than two seconds without finding an answer, why don't we investigate where that gun came from and who gave it to a 13 year old kid? If they are readily available aren't we risking this same scenario playing out again in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    Instead of scrutinizing something that happened in less than two seconds without finding an answer, why don't we investigate where that gun came from and who gave it to a 13 year old kid? If they are readily available aren't we risking this same scenario playing out again in the future?
    Another gang member they arrested shortly after. 21 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Wait a minute, where is the proof that he joined a violent gang and he personally shot at a car. I thought the cops were answering a call of shots fired at cars not catching them in the act.
    I liked Beau's take which was if we replace "he" with "she" it changes the message completely.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    1. And your hiding behind his age and avoiding the reality of the situation. Using sympathy for him as a staircase to try to take the moral high ground. Because you're too big of a coward to face reality. Sure it's sad. Sure I wish he wasn't killed and had a chance to reform. Sure I wish the environment he grew up in was way better. But at the end of the day he made bad decisions.

2. So him shooting at cars played no role? Cop just wandered down that ally and shot him? And you're using his age that was unknown to the officer as a barrier from real life consequences. Your opinion is completely just pathetic pandering for empathy and social signaling. I mean come on. Any cop would and SHOULD do the same given the information provided to him at the time.

A nuanced situation that you are avoiding the inevitable truth that the cop was completely validated in his actions.

You're whole approach of BS emotional appeals is disingenuous and straight disgusting.
    What's more what 13 year old makes good decisions in a crisis?

1. I am pointing out a reality, itís moreso you seem to be in denial this person is 13. They were when the cop shot and killed them. Thatís just a fact and reality, sorry it bothers you so much when people include facts.

2. Quote where I said that. You canít. I am pointing out his age because itís a fact/reality I have not said that makes everything the fault of the cop.

You are just making up my opinions/stances for me and trying to argue against it while getting upset when facts are used lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It comes down to safety of the cops and that a dead person is cheaper than an injured one.

I do think the police have a reasonable right to protect themselves, I would just rather they err much more on the side of letting them get away than shooting them dead. Particularly in a situation where there is not an immediate risk to other members of the community.
    Police have an obligation to protect their jurisdiction over themselves actually.

Another gang member they arrested shortly after. 21 years old.
    But where did the gun come from? Don't think the gang member made it himself. I am not talking about the manufacturer (necessarily) but where was it marketed from? Was it purchased "legally?" A ghost gun? Where are these gangbangers purchasing guns? Private citizens who purchased them first?

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Wait a minute, where is the proof that he joined a violent gang and he personally shot at a car. I thought the cops were answering a call of shots fired at cars not catching them in the act.
    You realize h asked me about the kids decisions in general Sherlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    But where did the gun come from? Don't think the gang member made it himself. I am not talking about the manufacturer (necessarily) but where was it marketed from? Was it purchased "legally?" A ghost gun? Where are these gangbangers purchasing guns? Private citizens who purchased them first?
    Not sure if that info is available yet

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    1. I am pointing out a reality, itís moreso you seem to be in denial this person is 13. They were when the cop shot and killed them. Thatís just a fact and reality, sorry it bothers you so much when people include facts.

2. Quote where I said that. You canít. I am pointing out his age because itís a fact/reality I have not said that makes everything the fault of the cop.

You are just making up my opinions/stances for me and trying to argue against it while getting upset when facts are used lol.

I'm trying to pin down you vague wishy washy opinion.

So let's hear. What would you do in that cops position?

This is why they kneel

I'm trying to pin down you vague wishy washy opinion.

So let's hear. What would you do in that cops position?
    I have no idea, thatís why this case is so tough.

I can say I wouldnít shoot a 13 year old kid who has his hands up and showing them to me empty complying with what I asked. I can say I would fear for my life given these gangster thugs with guns were shooting at cars at 230am and ran away with a gun only to turn and face me.

I can also admit this is a situation you hope the cop can react without killing and have a discussion on what can change when they donít. I donít need to choose one of the two extreme options has been my main point to someone like yourself trying to force others into a one or other scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Police have an obligation to protect their jurisdiction over themselves actually.
    Is that a moral obligation or a legal one?

Not sure if that info is available yet
    I doubt it will be. Just about every weekend we have multiple shootings and occasional innocent bystanders being shot. Last weekend an infant girl was struck in the head by a bullet and was still in a coma the last time I heard.

Obviously, the need to sell guns and keep selling them supersedes the safety of the public. Besides these things tend to happen in poorer areas and they don't count as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Is that a moral obligation or a legal one?
    The law can only apply the latter. But if there is to be any supposed integrity in law enforcement, the former should apply as well.