Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 540 of 629 FirstFirst ... 40440490530538539540541542550590 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 9423
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    The guilty party is the 13 year old gang member who decided to shoot at random cars. Get the cops called and then run when a cop car pulled up and a cop told him to stop running and put his hands up. Then on a split second turn sharply while throwing a loaded gun behind the febceche was standing next to.

Again. I'm not championing the death of a 13 year old. I wish he had a chance to reform himself.

But I'm not going to pretend this cop is at fault. And anyone saying otherwise needs to wake the **** up. It's so easy to be so big bad and brave when your snuggled up to your teddy at 230am. Not chasing an armed gang member through Latin King territory.
    Yes and no. I got busted when I was 14, 5 cop cars showed up out of nowhere and I ran. I wasn't thinking through each step, cops showed up and I legged it. I got caught and threatened and was eventually charged with a bunch of things including "resisting arrest" because I ran.

I think there is some way we can go in our police training where we can focus first on not hurting people followed by catching the perp rather than the other way around. With modern cameras on police and cars the odds of someone on video getting away in the long run is pretty low.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    A little cynical. I blame the culture they enter into that has existed a long time. I believe most go in the police force or believe in serving their community or seen too many glorified cop shows.

Don't demonize them. It is too easy to do and only alienate those we must work with to solve this problem. I see this more as their leadership is the problem. Union chief, police force leaders, and a political system that cover for them while militarizing them. The enablers are just as much if not more the problem than the average cop patrolling the street.
    You're such a phony person.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes and no. I got busted when I was 14, 5 cop cars showed up out of nowhere and I ran. I wasn't thinking through each step, cops showed up and I legged it. I got caught and threatened and was eventually charged with a bunch of things including "resisting arrest" because I ran.

I think there is some way we can go in our police training where we can focus first on not hurting people followed by catching the perp rather than the other way around. With modern cameras on police and cars the odds of someone on video getting away in the long run is pretty low.
    We're you shooting at random cars driving by?

I think it comes more as a result of the culture of police rather than something they bring in with them. Training focuses a LOT on controlling the citizens and the situation. Not that there are not psychos who join the police to feed their kink.
    People aren't walking into these jobs without knowing what they're getting into.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Did he say turn around?
    If a cop is screaming stop and to show your and you put up your hands up and turn slightly sideways to face said officer asking you to show your hands to them that's enough for a cop to fire/shoot? If not then what is your point?

The issue here is people want to jump on one side or the other and not take into consideration the full context. There can be issues with how cops act/overreact when giving orders to people (especially children) while it still not being a situation that's fully their fault. If you expect a 13 year old to act perfectly every time they are confronted by a cop then I would hope you have even higher standard for the cops doing the confronting. If that's the case this is a very nuanced situation where there is some wrong to go around here. What can a kid running from the cops do if they actually want to give up? How can it be done without being shot at? Dropping the gun and putting said hands up? Nope that isn't it...

I understand the sentiment but the reality is you have no choice but to pay for others mistakes. Your money is taken by force to pay for others mistakes all the time.
    So, how would you make the police department more responsible for court costs for their misconduct or mistake? In general.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Btw this entire story seems accurate. His nickname was "Baby Diablo". Not sure if the cars were random though. But yeah they arrested the other guy who he was with. Hes 21 years old. Both had gun powder on their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    People aren't walking into these jobs without knowing what they're getting into.
    Yeah youre right. They should just get shot by gang bangers like we pay them to.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-17-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I know a lot of cops and from talking to them they were all (except the generational ones) surprised at the culture they came in to and what was expected of them and of what they could get away with once they had the badge.

The idea that most cops joined the force because of domination fantasies is just not true.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    If a cop is screaming stop and to show your and you put up your hands up and turn slightly sideways to face said officer asking you to show your hands to them that's enough for a cop to fire/shoot? If not then what is your point?

The issue here is people want to jump on one side or the other and not take into consideration the full context. There can be issues with how cops act/overreact when giving orders to people (especially children) while it still not being a situation that's fully their fault. If you expect a 13 year old to act perfectly every time they are confronted by a cop then I would hope you have even higher standard for the cops doing the confronting. If that's the case this is a very nuanced situation where there is some wrong to go around here. What can a kid running from the cops do if they actually want to give up? How can it be done without being shot at? Dropping the gun and putting said hands up? Nope that isn't it...
    1. This entire situation happened in 9 mins. From the call to police to shooting. Cop probably didn't know his age. And 13 living in the hood is not the same as you at 13.

2. He ran at first. He didn't comply right away. And wtf does slightly turn side face mean lol? And no. That's not what happened. He quickly turned almost directly facing the officer while throwing a loaded gun behind a fence and put his hands up.. You didn't watch the video did you?

3. Listen I know it's rough and tough in the culda sac you lived on in Minnesota. But I guarantee you every honest person whose ever lived in a hard area will tell you... you don't turn around like that. You stop and put your hands up. You follow cop directions. You don't run, stop, then throw the gun while you quickly turn around and face the cops.

Cop will tell you to put your hands on your head and go to your knees. Then he'll probably wait for backup and arrest you.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-17-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post

Adrenaline negatively affected both the cop and the kid killed by the cop. I think the majority of PSD posters are showing like zero nuance in their opinions on this story. It sucks this kid died but the second he flashed that gun (even though it was an attempt to separate himself from the gun), there was a strong chance the cop would simply see the gun and shoot the suspect. I have zero love for cops but this isn't the situation to be pointing at in terms of cops being violent and/or racist.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    So, how would you make the police department more responsible for court costs for their misconduct or mistake? In general.
    I want police to live where they patrol so they have more built in community responsibility. I think we need far fewer police officers and that they should only be doing their job and not all the other "service" they do now. I think all fines/fees/property seizures collected by the police should have to be contributed to local community charities. If an officer breaks the law and a citizen gets restitution that should come from the officer or the union.

But what I was talking about was that there is literally no escaping that you are going to pay for other people's mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Adrenaline negatively affected both the cop and the kid killed by the cop. I think the majority of PSD posters are showing like zero nuance in their opinions on this story. It sucks this kid died but the second he flashed that gun (even though it was an attempt to separate himself from the gun), there was a strong chance the cop would simply see the gun and shoot the suspect. I have zero love for cops but this isn't the situation to be pointing at in terms of cops being violent and/or racist.
    Xoxo

I still don't get where people act like the cops have the right to execute you even if you disregard an order. Where exactly does that come from? What happened to not letting people be judge, jury, and executioner?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

1. This entire situation happened in 9 mins. From the call to police to shooting. Cop probably didn't know his age.

2. He ran at first. He didn't comply right away. And wtf does slightly turn side face mean lol? And no. That's not what happened. He quickly turned almost directly facing the officer while throwing a loaded gun behind a fence. You didn't watch the video did you?

3. Listen I know it's rough and tough in the culda sac you lived on in Minnesota. But I guarantee you every honest person whose ever lived in a hard area will tell you... you don't turn around like that. You stop and put your hands up. You follow cop directions. You don't run, stop, then throw the gun while you quickly turn around and face the cops.

Cop will tell you to put your hands on your head and go to your knees. Then he'll probably wait for backup and arrest you.
    1. The cop may not have known the persons age, that doesn't mean the person doesn't have one. The kid was 13 years old, we know that to be true.

2. He did run first and not comply right away. Is that a death sentence to you where you should be shot at for doing so? I mean the kid turned to face the officer, so we agree he turned to face the cop and show his hands were empty (which they were when he was doing this) as the officer asked him to "show his hands". I did watch the video which is why I am able to discuss the context.

3. I do not live in a culda sac but if your point is that cops act much differently towards people in a culda sac as compared to young kids in the city (if they are not white) and that is why this happened then I guess so be it. That is actually part of the issue many here are pointing out is kids in many other situations wouldn't have to worry about it like they would in "a hard area". We shouldn't have different standards just because they are not in a culda sac.

My point has been if a 13 year old kid doesn't do exactly what you may want that isn't a free right to kill. Do you think it is?