Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 539 of 603 FirstFirst ... 39439489529537538539540541549589 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 9036
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    And because you know... taking this guy's pension would ****ing stupid.
    the military does it and as well as the police departments when they judge their members for violating their creed. So, it isn't unheard of, outside yourself.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Taking out of officers' pension or budget would be better than taking millions of dollars out of the city coffer because of their mistake. I am not going to pay for others' mistakes whether it is cops or doctors or firemen or anyone. No one paid for my mistakes but me, so I am funny about personal responsibility.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Taking out of officers' pension or budget would be better than taking millions of dollars out of the city coffer because of their mistake. I am not going to pay for others' mistakes whether it is cops or doctors or firemen or anyone. No one paid for my mistakes but me, so I am funny about personal responsibility.
    That's great. One problem.. cop didn't do anything wrong.

I know I know. You would have waited to open fire. Point 8 seconds is nothing for "Wild Card Wes".

You would of shot the gun out of his hand and given all those gang members a talking to!

#KeyboardCop

Lol... Jesus. You're gonna take this guy's pension? In this situation?

You end up in anarchy with no cops.
    Weird, I'm told personal accountability and responsibility are supposed to be traits that define our country. Why do these settlements for police bad activity have to punish the town or city as a whole? The responsibility should fall with the guilty party.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Why tell someone to put their hands up if you’re just going to shoot them anyway?
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

That's great. One problem.. cop didn't do anything wrong.
    We have already established we don't agree on this subject.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Why tell someone to put their hands up if you’re just going to shoot them anyway?
    Domination is a fantasy that many people have. There is probably a correlation between people who want to dominate others and those that pursue a career in law enforcement.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Weird, I'm told personal accountability and responsibility are supposed to be traits that define our country. Why do these settlements for police bad activity have to punish the town or city as a whole? The responsibility should fall with the guilty party.
    The guilty party is the 13 year old gang member who decided to shoot at random cars. Get the cops called and then run when a cop car pulled up and a cop told him to stop running and put his hands up. Then on a split second turn sharply while throwing a loaded gun behind the fence he was standing next to.

Again. I'm not championing the death of a 13 year old. I wish he had a chance to reform himself.

But I'm not going to pretend this cop is at fault. And anyone saying otherwise needs to wake the **** up. It's so easy to be so big bad and brave when your snuggled up to your teddy at 230am. Not chasing an armed gang member through Latin King territory.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 04-17-2021 at 01:12 PM.

A little cynical. I blame the culture they enter into that has existed a long time. I believe most go in the police force or believe in serving their community or seen too many glorified cop shows.

Don't demonize them. It is too easy to do and only alienate those we must work with to solve this problem. I see this more as their leadership is the problem. Union chief, police force leaders, and a political system that cover for them while militarizing them. The enablers are just as much if not more the problem than the average cop patrolling the street.
    Last edited by WES445; 04-17-2021 at 01:10 PM.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    No, he shouldn't, but I don't blame the cop one bit either. The parents are more responsible for his death. He was out at 2:30 in the morning with a gang banger. He fired shots, he fled when the cop told him to stop while holding a gun. The cop couldn't see him toss it behind the fence and then he turned toward him. Most cops, hell most people would have done the exact same thing.
    I think I'm a good parent and that my parents were good parents ... that didn't mean I didn't get into some really dangerous and stupid situations in my youth, or that my kids are somehow immune to it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I understand the sentiment but the reality is you have no choice but to pay for others mistakes. Your money is taken by force to pay for others mistakes all the time.

Did he say turn around?

I may be missing something, but are you saying the plan before saying hands up was to shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Domination is a fantasy that many people have. There is probably a correlation between people who want to dominate others and those that pursue a career in law enforcement.
    I think it comes more as a result of the culture of police rather than something they bring in with them. Training focuses a LOT on controlling the citizens and the situation. Not that there are not psychos who join the police to feed their kink.